Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by timwaylan View Post
    The game currently has no decent named light/heavy crossbows, and after the introduction of the inquisitive enhancement tree I would like this to change, so it's actually a viable option for endgame. I suggest changing the weapon to the following:

The Hallowed Splinters Heavy Crossbow
    • Upgrade Effect: Fetters of Unreality
    • Soul Tear This weapon tears at the soul of your foes, reducing their PRR and Healing Amplification.
    • Cursed Maelstom This weapon is wracked with a dangerous and volatile curse. Striking an enemy has a chance to place a random, debilitating, and deadly debuff on your foe.
    • Improved Destruction

Maybe Everstar could be added to the 'Impetus' (Repeating Heavy Crossbow), replacing Starshatter.
    Hey Lynnabel, have you considered the changes I suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Yep, Profane +2 DCs! Glad you like it.
    Isn't this the only way to get Profane +2 DC?

You just made this is mandatory item for all casters. Especially since you put Insight stat on it as well.

Gear choices need to be hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    Fits and solves so many issues for not only wizards but multiple other dc casters. Went from being sentient food to something that will redesign my gear layout.
    That's a problem.

I agree it was too weak before, but now it's a must-have for every single DC caster.
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post
    Are you sure about that? Pretty sure the +2 necromancy DCs gained from the inevitable grave filigree set are themselves profane and thus non-stacking to that ring, could be wrong there, but pretty sure.
    I stand corrected if this is true. Devs, can you confirm?

Also, if filigree bonuses are not unique stacking bonuses, we need to know what kind of bonuses they are. If inevitable grave gives +2 profane DC, the tool-tips need to say that please.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I stand corrected if this is true. Devs, can you confirm?

Also, if filigree bonuses are not unique stacking bonuses, we need to know what kind of bonuses they are. If inevitable grave gives +2 profane DC, the tool-tips need to say that please.
    Not even close to true. Filigree bonuses are not typed.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by chappyglass View Post
    Hmmm, maybe change the distant diversion to insightful deadly since you removed it from the Wildwood Bracers. Or even switch it back to deadly like it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Make it quality deadly so it doesnt clash with the dex minor artifact ring!
    Pls dont change it to quality deadly, this way it whould clash with the Str ans Wis dps Artifacts,keep it insightful on the raid helm instead.tyvm

But change the Dex Artifact to quality as well (and the Int while your at it ????).

Default Hoarfrost Suggested Changes

Hoarfrost, Herald of the Bitter Ice Dwarven War Axe
    • Legendary Freezing Ice On hit, this has a chance of freezing your enemies in solid ice. Struck enemies must make a DC 100 Fortitude save or be frozen
    • Chilling 10d6
    • Metalline
    • Attack Mod: Strength, Constitution
    • Damage Mod: Strength, Constitution

Default Citadel's Gaze Suggestion

Citadel's Gaze Raid Helmet
    Minimum Level:29
    • Incite +64%
    • Intimidate +22
    • Natural Armor +11 Insightful bonus.
    • Command +11 This armor or shield always appears brilliant and gleaming, no matter what the conditions and despite all attempts to paint over or obscure it. Coveted by military leaders of all sorts, it carries a powerful aura that grants a +11 Quality bonus on Charisma-based skill checks. Command armor and command shields make their owners very noticeable, imposing a -6 penalty on Hide checks.
    • Undying Vanguard (3 charges) Heal yourself for 1000 HP. For 20 seconds, you gain 10,000 temporary HP.

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alcides View Post
    Hoarfrost, Herald of the Bitter Ice Dwarven War Axe
    • Legendary Freezing Ice On hit, this has a chance of freezing your enemies in solid ice. Struck enemies must make a DC 100 Fortitude save or be frozen
    • Chilling 10d6
    • Metalline
    • Attack Mod: Strength, Constitution
    • Damage Mod: Strength, Constitution
    I agree with the metaline aspect!

Some of the bonuses are typed, I pay close attention to the combat log when perfecting a gear-up as the combat log will tell you when an item effect does not stack. If this is not working as intended I'd appreciate a confirmation so I can start reporting all of the non-stacking effects from filigrees as bugs..... sadly that will be limited as I don't use every set out there but I'm sure you will search for repeated examples after I report one or two.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post
    Some of the bonuses are typed
    They reeeeally shouldn't be. Filigree bonuses are Untyped (Unique).
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Then it'll conflict with the belt :P

Gonna push back on changing it, sorry all. Staying Insight.
    Actually, yes, I did just do that. Onyx Ring got a full redesign as of... an hour ago?

(INSIGHTFUL INT WIS CHA)
    Profane DC +1/Profane DC +2
    Insightful Dodge
    Insightful Resistance

I hope this fits a little better
    I think it may make sense to relook at swapping the cloak back to quality. I know you said you liked it how it was now but since you changed the Onyx ring to ins int 10 option that will be the go to for all wizards with the +2 profane bonus to DCs. Now the cloak will not be used as it has no main purpose. The cloak feels like it fits much better with a PM build than the belt. The belt will have redundant quality spell focus (artifact and raid qstaff), redundant spell pen (with aetherband in set) and spell resistance is completely useless on a PM. Now all you are getting on the belt is quality int 5.... where if it was on the cloak as well (now that there are more options for ins int) there would be a much better synergy.
    Or since quality spell focus is all over the place for the build what if you swapped out quality spell focus out on the belt to ins spell focus 4 to give an alternative to the raid goggles. This would at least give people two useful benefits from the belt.
    Last edited by kain741; 05-07-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    ZERG
    Whynnd | Xantroos | Cyridven | Justys

Community Member

Default Is This correct?

Set 4 (Tanky Spell DPS) - Arcsteel Battlemage:[/B]
    Set Bonus: +25/50 Electric, Fire, Force, Repair Spell Power, +5/10% Electric, Fire, Force, Repair Spell Lore, +2/4 Artifact bonus to Intelligence, +1/3 Artifact bonus to Spell Focus Mastery

The Mark IV Medium Armor
    Minimum Level: 15/29
    • Fortification +94%/+214%
    • Physical Sheltering +19/+54
    • Repair Amplification +30/+85
    • False Life +29/+81

Why would you want repair amp on medium armor? Warforged can't wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilia View Post
    Set 4 (Tanky Spell DPS) - Arcsteel Battlemage:[/B]
    Set Bonus: +25/50 Electric, Fire, Force, Repair Spell Power, +5/10% Electric, Fire, Force, Repair Spell Lore, +2/4 Artifact bonus to Intelligence, +1/3 Artifact bonus to Spell Focus Mastery

The Mark IV Medium Armor
    • Fortification +94%/+214%
    • Physical Sheltering +19/+54
    • Repair Amplification +30/+85
    • False Life +29/+81

Why would you want repair amp on medium armor? Warforged can't wear it.
    They think that ALL flesh Artificer take Construct Essence Feat.
    (i like the feat... but no always take it on my artificers)

Edit. And also they think that Warlock and Bards should use Robes, even if the class gives them light armor proficiency. but... nothing to do. Time to Adapt and Overcome.
    Last edited by Strambotica; 05-07-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strambotica View Post
    They think that ALL flesh Artificer take Construct Essence Feat.
    (i like the feat... but no always take it on my artificers)

Edit. And also they think that Warlock and Bards should use Robes, even if the class gives them light armor proficiency. but... nothing to do. Time to Adapt and Overcome.
    Don't forget about EKs, who don't have that option but would maybe like to take the set nominally named for Tanky Spell DPS. Reeaaally should have read Melee Artificer set if they are going to hold it to repair.

Ok thanks..

But now we're back at the ring being incredible for DC casters with the best possible insightful stat AND a source of the highest possible profane DC bonus.

I like good items, but absolutely best in slot items that every single DC caster will wear probably should be avoided.

Community Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Make it quality deadly so it doesnt clash with the dex minor artifact ring!
    About the ranged set raid helm:

Pretty pls with Sugar on Top, change it back to insightful and change the dex artifact to quality instead if you want to avoid the clash between those two specific items, since wis and str artifacts do fit perfectly.

TYVM

Community Member

Thanks for providing feedback! As a quick reminder, your feedback is infinitely more likely to be acted upon if they're posted as concrete, constructive suggestions. "This is bad" is way less easily worked with than "replace X with Y"
    Wildwood Wrists Bracers
    Minimum Level: 29
    • Nearly Finished (INT, DEX, or WIS +21)
    • Doubleshot +13
    • Insightful Deception +9
    • Quality Deception +4

PLS change the Nearly finished back to insightful stats, since its the only raid item that does not provide insightful or quality stats with the nearly finished enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post

• Incite +64%
    • Intimidate +22
    • Command +11 This armor or shield always appears brilliant and gleaming, no matter what the conditions and despite all attempts to paint over or obscure it. Coveted by military leaders of all sorts, it carries a powerful aura that grants a +11 Insightful bonus on Charisma-based skill checks. Command armor and command shields make their owners very noticeable, imposing a -6 penalty on Hide checks.
    • Healer's Bounty This shield has a small percentage chance to cast a Heal spell on you when you take damage.
    • Incite +64%
    • Legendary Affirmation
    • Command +11 This armor or shield always appears brilliant and gleaming, no matter what the conditions and despite all attempts to paint over or obscure it. Coveted by military leaders of all sorts, it carries a powerful aura that grants a +11 Insightful bonus on Charisma-based skill checks. Command armor and command shields make their owners very noticeable, imposing a -6 penalty on Hide checks.
    • Healer's Bounty This shield has a small percentage chance to cast a Heal spell on you when you take damage.

Standard Issue Sigil Necklace
    • Intimidate +22
    • Protection +6/+17
    • Spell Saves +6/+17
    • Parrying +3/+10

Magical sheltering is too easy to obtain, please change these items as to include legendary affirmation on the Helm to make it a true tank's helm!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Ok thanks..

But now we're back at the ring being incredible for DC casters with the best possible insightful stat AND a source of the highest possible profane DC bonus.

I like good items, but absolutely best in slot items that every single DC caster will wear probably should be avoided.
    I don't think having highly desirable items is an issue. But given its power I think it should be considered for a raid item.
    ZERG
    Whynnd | Xantroos | Cyridven | Justys

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast