Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Actually, yes, I did just do that. Onyx Ring got a full redesign as of... an hour ago?

(INSIGHTFUL INT WIS CHA)
    Profane DC +1/Profane DC +2
    Insightful Dodge
    Insightful Resistance

I hope this fits a little better
    That ruined the ring for me........ -_-

This ring was the item I was using for the intelligence stat

Community Member

Never mind, then :P Good catch.
    Thank you and thank you too Akoriv. That works out because that hat is so groovy anyway. Now both the hat and ring are upped in desirability by a lot! Magnifique!

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post
    That ruined the ring for me........ -_-

This ring was the item I was using for the intelligence stat
    if it's good for the rest of ppl... then it's a double win?
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Member

Actually, yes, I did just do that. Onyx Ring got a full redesign as of... an hour ago?

(INSIGHTFUL INT WIS CHA)
    Insightful Dodge
    Insightful Resistance

Is that Profane Spell DC +2? If so that's ace - it's always been annoying that basically the only way to slot Profane Spell DC is shadow dragon armour. Something unique.

Having Insightful Int/Wis/Cha on a ring is SUPER useful - one of the most frustrating things when considering this loot is finding a slot for it other than goggles, and this is a very welcome option. Insightful Wisdom has been a real problem since the lack of an option in Ravensloft, so my FvS is super happy.

Community Member

(INSIGHTFUL INT WIS CHA)
    Insightful Dodge
    Insightful Resistance

Thank you very much for your reply. Are those insightful stats?

Myself, however, I liked the idea of the nullification and void stats in the ring. This is because the end game necromancy weapons seem (to me at least) hard to combine:

1) The ideal necromancer weapon should be "null, the Darkness Without". However, the +4 insightful necromancy matches poorly with the non raid legendary mistfallen orb which gives you a very hard to find +4 insightful spell focus. Moreover, if you put a sentience gem in it you loose the off hand utility from this weapon. Myself I actually use it a lot off hand as a PM for support when combined with the "legendary silverthread" belt for a very powerful healing using sacred ground.

2) The "curse necromancer" items do not have nullification (they have insightful nullification) but the new esoteric item set, the new cloak and the new orb improve most of their bonuses so it will be very hard to keep them.

3) We have the "robe of shadow" but that breaks both the new set and the one from ravenloft.

4) We have the "necrotic forum post" but it does not have insightful nullification.

5) To my best knowledge there are no necromancy weapons in the new expansion except the raid staff once it is upgraded twice. Moreover, it is a two hand weapon so it cannot be combined with the off hand necromancer weapons.

I thought the purpose of the shattered onyx ring was to bring the nullification to casters outside weapons or clothes. So far it is easier to get positive spell power than negative (thanks to "null, the Darkness Without" and the "legendary silverthread").

Myself I would leave it as it was (maybe make it both negative and positive) but with three stats to choose from as it it the case of the other rings.

Thanks for your work

(P.S. sorry if I missed some of your posts saying that the void lore and nullification is going to other item in the new loot)

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by WiseFreelancer View Post
    Is that Profane Spell DC +2? If so that's ace - it's always been annoying that basically the only way to slot Profane Spell DC is shadow dragon armour. Something unique.

Having Insightful Int/Wis/Cha on a ring is SUPER useful - one of the most frustrating things when considering this loot is finding a slot for it other than goggles, and this is a very welcome option. Insightful Wisdom has been a real problem since the lack of an option in Ravensloft, so my FvS is super happy.
    Yep, Profane +2 DCs! Glad you like it.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Onyx goes from very niche to must slot lol.

(INSIGHTFUL INT WIS CHA)
    Insightful Dodge
    Insightful Resistance

So this is no longer a Pale Master item at all?

The Shattered Onyx Ring
    Minimum Level: 15/29

• Intelligence +8/+21
    • Nullification +94/+214
    • Void Lore +14%/+31%
    • Negative Healing Amplification +30/+85

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Onyx goes from very niche to must slot lol.
    There's a time and a place for niche Palemaster items, and the time and place might be somewhere very soon. Who knows. Unrelated, but I've gotta get back to working on some other stuff... some other very fun stuff...
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Suggestion for ethereal gaze.

Ghostly
    Lesser displacement
    Stat choice
    Quelling strike (since you took it off somewhere else, and I think it's thematic. Unless it is deemed too strong on a non weapon)

Community Member

So any chance of replacing the ash proc on the crossbow with dust?

Community Member

There's a time and a place for niche Palemaster items, and the time and place might be somewhere very soon. Who knows. Unrelated, but I've gotta get back to working on some other stuff... some other very fun stuff...
    It's a good change overall for this gear. It just really threw me off, such a nice swerve!

Conduit of the Soul Necklace
    • Divine Augmentation IX This item increases your caster level when casting first through ninth level Divine spells by one/two
    • Wizardry +154/+440
    • Healing Lore +14%/+31%
    • Quality Devotion +23/+53

There is any chance to put back Quality Healing Lore +3%/+7% from preview 2? just thinking on...
    - The Healing Lore its already in the Bracers from Flamecleansed Fury Set.
    - Druids can't use this item because break their set.
    - IF a Ranger want give some heals, can use the Braces from Flamecleansed Fury Set + this Necklace.

Edit: PD: Love the new Onix Ring ^^

Community Member

(INSIGHTFUL INT WIS CHA)
    Insightful Dodge
    Insightful Resistance

Though the +2 profane dc's is quite nice, its does not fit a little better. Sad face. Must redo all of the planning ive done.
    Peregrynne of Sarlona

[deleted]
    Last edited by Ovrad; 05-06-2019 at 08:05 PM. Reason: my bad, I was wrong. Move along
    We want more Monster Manuals.

One last plug to have sharn caster set bonuses at least match slavers caster set bonus. Slavers set bonus is +4 cha/wis/int and +4 dc and was update 32! All the caster set bonuses in sharn are only 4 stat 3 dc (or 3 stat 4 dc). Surely after all these updates since slavers and 2 expansions as well, you can at least match it on the 4 sharn caster sets
    Day 1 Founder
    Main characters: Usually on Rhyes, Miniryse or Legolass
    I'm rich! filthy rich! /runs off to AH
    /cry! I'm poor! flat broke!

Lava Divers - Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much if I were you, there's a minor artifact ring with better enhancement int on it, and a potential for a lot more.
    Only correcting that the caster Intelligence Artifact is a Necklace now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    if it's good for the rest of ppl... then it's a double win?
    ^^^
    This.

Yep, Profane +2 DCs! Glad you like it.
    Sure, you do BiS item again. Now, after we both celebrate it, can we return to issue with ML15 Collective Sight incorrect +5 attribute? 8)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Helm of the Final Watcher Raid Helmet
    Minimum Level: 29
    • Seeker +21
    • Distant Diversion +34% >> Spell Focus
    • Accuracy +34
    • Insightful Doubleshot +7%
    Ranger AA could use enchant, ranger DWS and monk could use transmutation (frog + ensnare/entangle), artificer/cleric/fvs could use evocation + conjuration, and ranged arcane could use enchant. Gnome ranged could use color spray illusion, and elf ranged could use transmutation (entangle) so make this universal spell focus.

Or, preferably insightful seeker, to crit things in the face with, but that won't happen so universal spell focus.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 05-06-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Default Removing this item as a necromancy item is a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by KhellendrosUK View Post
    So this is no longer a Pale Master item at all?

The Shattered Onyx Ring

• Intelligence +8/+21
    • Nullification +94/+214
    • Void Lore +14%/+31%
    • Negative Healing Amplification +30/+85
    Unfortunately, this breaks my build entirely..... sure the cloak is still nice but unless this ring comes into existence........... the cloak just isn't worth it as there would be less of a power loss keeping to using the curse necromancy set along with the Legendary Festering Mummy Wrappings in which in combination cover too many of the effects offered on the new cloak. In short..... without this ring, the new loot doesn't really effectively replace anything for a necromancer. Sure I suppose they could put the nullification on the cloak as to replace the intelligence stat but that will only go so far in remedying the problem. They could also design the cloak to be a companion to the Null raid weapon (Meaning there to be nothing non stacking on the cloak when paired with Null). Then there's the matter of the Orb........ if the new palemaster orb Stygian Wrath, Black Velvet Capelet, and Null The Darkness without can all be equipped without there being any problems with Nonstacking effects, this would be something to overlook......

There are certain must have attributes on gear to make a pale master build work, this requires no less than two items worth in pale master specific attributes in order to even function.

Nullification
    Greater Boon Of Undeath
    Negative Healing Amplification
    Insightful Negative Healing Amplification

DC Bonus to necromancy skills
    Insightful Nullification
    Insightful DC Bonus To Necromancy Skills
    Light Resistance

One could then argue three items

Light Resistance
    Insightful Light Resistance
    Discount To Spellpoint Cost Of Necromancy Spells
    __________________________________________________ ______________________

Anyhow, due to item slot displacement, I no longer feel so compelled to farm Sharn........ older gear has more to offer for pale master builds, sure the effects are a little bit behind in terms of strength but at those effects are still there.

I really wanted Sharn loot to excite me, all that remains are some hopes for the filigrees and the next adventure pack released.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast