Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Community Member

Default Day Six - This Didn't Work for Me

Hello again,

Tried this, didn't work. How long will folks have to mess around with the Beta before we can just download the program and play?

Thanks,
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    For MacOS users who are continuing to experience issues getting the DDO client to run, we are now offering a Beta Wine client which may resolve your issues. The client can be downloaded here: http://download.ddo.akamai.turbine.c...olive-wine.dmg

Couple of known issues:

- Screenshots are not working correctly.
    - The launcher is unable to correctly open logs.
    - Keyboard input is respected as a Windows key input rather than Mac.
    - The app bundle is not yet correctly signed, so launching it will require extra action (right click then open).

Quote Originally Posted by Emptea1 View Post
    Hello again,

Tried this, didn't work. How long will folks have to mess around with the Beta before we can just download the program and play?

Thanks,
    Wayne
    It's a DNS issue. Just need to wait for propagation.
    Sarlona Server - High Lords of Malkier :
    Kluege Fixer - Superkluege

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    It's a DNS issue. Just need to wait for propagation.
    same for me- have installed ddo 3 times now always with the newest ddolive.exe. Always dns flushed and always deinstalled first.
    Everytime during install the akamay software is telling about installing and the german client is loaded first. Always it ask me if I want to install the high res version
    and the text in this window is barely readable.

And after doing wizard king the second time I get a disconnect after leaving quest. Not at first time but second time. And also not after the loading
    screens to come in the desert.
    Mostly its the teleport to the marketplace and leaving some quests?
    Please change the setting back to 3 weeks ago- never had any issues with loading screens and with exiting quests.

Best regards
    Tarinia

Community Member

Default Frozen Death

Not sure how many times since all this started Ive frozen only to come back dead. Lately Ive taken to instantly closing ddo to reopen it as quickly as I can. Sometimes Im quick enough to get logged back in with my ranger having a few hps left, some times im not fast enough. My computer is strong enough to run almost anything on ultra graphics so its not my side. It never happened before until I couldnt log in due to the log in screen freezing and saying A breaking point has been reached, once I hard shut down my computer. Only way to exit ddo log in screen. It is an internet based problem. The exact same thing occurs when I lose connection. Which is very very unlikely. I pay a lot to have 1 gigabyte download speed just because my sons also use the net for gaming. It is not my internet. I get you have Sharn right around the corner. You also have A LOT of unhappy members and these members are going to be even more heated when it releases and they cant play what theyve spent lots of money for. Please fix the problem.

Community Member

Default Hash Code For Patch Problem, Same error.

Quote Originally Posted by firstprotector View Post
    i am getting a update error occurred : there was a error generating the hash code for a patch file
    Ditto,
    First issue I've had in a very long time, Any fix before I read 70 more posts?

Community Member

hello all. i havnt been able to log in at all lately. direct x version error window, i tried yes and no. nothing happens at all. tried re-installing few times.. etc. Do I want to read around on the forums for hours looking for a solution? no..i do not. can we get an official posting or email sent out something?? clearly there is an issue here. Thank you

Community Member

Default direct x issue

Hello, ...still having issues. keeps prompting direct x 11 detected: yes or no window. then nothing, no loading screen nothing. ive tried reinstall game a few times and nothing. I am on direct x 12 so i dont seem to think I should have to downgrade to version 9 thru 11 just to play one game out of my library. Seems this has happened right after the sharn update. thanks, hope there will be some patch or instructions.
    Last edited by Zaymin; 05-26-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Community Member

Zaymin
    direct x issue
    Hello, ...still having issues. keeps prompting direct x 11 detected: yes or no window. then nothing, no loading screen nothing. ive tried reinstall game a few times and nothing. I am on direct x 12 so i dont seem to think I should have to downgrade to version 9 thru 11 just to play one game out of my library. Seems this has happened right after the sharn update. thanks, hope there will be some patch or instructions.
    dx12 does not cover all of them and you won't be downgrading by using dx 9, 10 , or 11. DDO is an old game and it needs dx9, 10 , or 11 to run properly. Adding the dx9-11 libraries is not going to hurt your pc, if anything it will allow for other older games to be run.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunning View Post
    dx12 does not cover all of them and you won't be downgrading by using dx 9, 10 , or 11. DDO is an old game and it needs dx9, 10 , or 11 to run properly. Adding the dx9-11 libraries is not going to hurt your pc, if anything it will allow for other older games to be run.
    thanks for the reply. I am really baffled how to install that on win 10. every time i look it says windows 10 automatically Installs the "newest" version. I go on microsoft's site and i see no place to manually download older versions. Ive never had such problems with DDO ever

Community Member

hmm, welp. i tried downloading "direct x 11 technology update" which was just a BS power point presentation. The only other direct x link i see on official Microsoft website is direct x 9c. Try downloading that and says nope...you need to be running win 98, win 7..etc. and will not allow install. i mean ive dne some above average things on PC but this is just mind mindbogglingly stupid situation. Played ddo for over almost a decade and now cant log in after this sharn update . any help would be appreciated thanks..im supper bummed

Community Member

Zaymin, here are links:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109

This should be the package you need, you may want to open it as administrator.

This link: https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-direc...on-windows-10/ is for if the runtime package doesn't want to install on windows 10.

I hope this helps out.

For MacOS users who are continuing to experience issues getting the DDO client to run, we are now offering a Beta Wine client which may resolve your issues. The client can be downloaded here: http://download.ddo.akamai.turbine.c...olive-wine.dmg

Couple of known issues:

- The app bundle is not yet correctly signed, so launching it will require extra action (right click then open).
    So this looks an awful lot like you're just running the windows version via WINE here.
    "Sorry Elminster, it was really dark, and I'd drank a LOT of coffee..."

Community Member

Couple of known issues:

this new version doesn't seem to preserve key mapping, and it fails to recognize any input from my gaming mouse unlike the native version. guess it's back to waiting for DDO to just start working again...of course now i have to reinstall the native client again...guess i'm not playing for 24 hours.

...oh, and now i can't reinstall because the app crashes when installing forward iterations...
    Last edited by Daarsurra; 08-01-2019 at 10:52 PM.

Community Member

Default How do you change a DNS swerver?

This sounds more like a DNS issue, so it may be that your ISP (or somewhere along the line between you and us) will need to update its DNS information. This is typically done automatically, but may take some time. There are more technical workarounds, but that is a bit beyond the scope of something I can easily recommend and troubleshoot.

Specifically on the "odd grid load screens": What is happening is the game client is trying to pull a file from an outdated DNS, and since there is nothing there, it is defaulting to its raw state (that is what these screens mostly look like until we add an image to them. A reinstallation will probably not resolve this issue, but having consistent DNS information will. The unfortunately reality for many is to wait until this DNS information gets fully propagated.

I have been experiencing this issue since last Thursday. I have changed my DNS to Google DNS and that didn't work either.
    Last edited by onnatar; 10-14-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910