Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Community Member Shados_Draconioas's Avatar

ok, so I can get in, but when I go to teleport from one place to another, ex- main deck on guildship to cargo hold or any other deck, it locks up. but going into ravenloft and teleporting to the quests from the taverns, no problem.
    do I need to reinstall? Is this one of the "signs"?
    "Dumazz!! OPEN THE DOOR!" ~famous last words before the wraiths killed him when Dumazz accidently locked him out of the shrine~
    Master Kylanos, Second in Command of Humorous Dumazz Deaths

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Shados_Draconioas View Post
    ok, so I can get in, but when I go to teleport from one place to another, ex- main deck on guildship to cargo hold or any other deck, it locks up. but going into ravenloft and teleporting to the quests from the taverns, no problem.
    do I need to reinstall? Is this one of the "signs"?
    Your problem as it has been described looks like the one that is specifically resolved by opening up your UserPreferences.ini file, found in My Documents -> Dungeons and Dragons Online, and then deleting the block of text found under [DownloadFileTimes].

Make sure to make a backup of your preferences file before changing anything just in case this doesn't solve your problem.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

Default Suggestions for mac user ??

Hello to all,

Can anyone explain to me why after signin/password, choose world, a folder pops up titled Resources. No matter which choice I make from the folder I get: Failed to start client
    [gameClientPath: /Applications/dndLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/TurbineLauncher.exe.config/Contents/MacOS/TurbineLauncher.exe.config]
    [strArgs: ]

I have uninstalled and re-installed the download offered by Cordovan five times without any difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wayne

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Emptea1 View Post
    Hello to all,

Can anyone explain to me why after signin/password, choose world, a folder pops up titled Resources. No matter which choice I make from the folder I get: Failed to start client
    [gameClientPath: /Applications/dndLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/TurbineLauncher.exe.config/Contents/MacOS/TurbineLauncher.exe.config]
    [strArgs: ]

I have uninstalled and re-installed the download offered by Cordovan five times without any difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wayne
    It sounds like perhaps where the game is being reinstalled isn't where you are launching the game from? Your modern install should be using Lotrolauncher.exe rather than TurbineLauncher.exe, so check to make sure you aren't going back to an old client install maybe?
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I got the download from the link you provided earlier. Tried it 5 times. I do find Turbine Launcher. It is date modified June 2014 when I first joined. So I guess it is going back to an old client install. How can I fix this?

Thanks,
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It sounds like perhaps where the game is being reinstalled isn't where you are launching the game from? Your modern install should be using Lotrolauncher.exe rather than TurbineLauncher.exe, so check to make sure you aren't going back to an old client install maybe?

Community Member

Default Probably Should Mention

Hello,

Forgot to mention that I am on a MAC.

Wayne

You mean DnDLauncher.exe, do you not? I have no problems and no LotROLauncher.exe. I do have a DnDLauncher.exe and everything is working just fine.

Community Member

This is a problem that has been raised in the Mac forums. At least for some people, myself included, the DDO launcher will not work at all in macOS 10.14.4. It will update fine, but it is doing something wrong when it tries to launch the client, resulting in a weird file selection window. Even if you select the right file (and almost no one is going to know how to do that unless they are a Mac developer), it will fail because it loses all the required launch parameters in the process.

You can use the Terminal script provided in the Mac forum to launch, but this is not something people should have to do. It requires creating a file, setting permissions, editing and launching from the Terminal. It's unfair to ask customers to do that.

It's kind of a serious problem really.
    Last edited by Kaytis; 05-06-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Community Member

Default Serious Problem . . . Yes

Hello to all,

Serious issue. I've tried 6 times downloading from the link given by Cordovan without success. I have no idea how to get whoever is in charge to actually fix this instead of relying on the great folks in the forums to help.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytis View Post
    This is a problem that has been raised in the Mac forums. At least for some people, myself included, the DDO launcher will not work at all in macOS 10.14.4. It will update fine, but it is doing something wrong when it tries to launch the client, resulting in a weird file selection window. Even if you select the right file (and almost no one is going to know how to do that unless they are a Mac developer), it will fail because it loses all the required launch parameters in the process.

You can use the Terminal script provided in the Mac forum to launch, but this is not something people should have to do. It requires creating a file, setting permissions, editing and launching from the Terminal. It's unfair to ask customers to do that.

It's kind of a serious problem really.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Emptea1 View Post
    Hello to all,

Serious issue. I've tried 6 times downloading from the link given by Cordovan without success. I have no idea how to get whoever is in charge to actually fix this instead of relying on the great folks in the forums to help.

Wayne
    Try making a backup of your UserPreferences.ini file by default located in My Documents - Dungeons & Dragons Online, then delete it from the folder. Re-launch the game client and it'll recreate it.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Default Who is in charge of this?

Cordovan,

While I appreciate the suggestions don't you find it odd that, as customers, the ddo folks are expecting us to fix their issue. All I want is to be able to reload the program for MAC and have it work again. It worked fine. Logged off. Logged back on. Didn't work. This was four days ago now and it seems that the ddo folks are not going to repair this.

I am uncomfortable with messing around with my computer when the issue is firmly in the MAC download. I find it interesting that no one has commented on the folder that keeps popping up: Resources, every time I try to log into the game.

Yes, you supplied a link to a "good" download. After six times now I can assure you that it doesn't work.

My strident message to the ddo folks is Fix This Now. Let us know when a working download for MAC is ready. Hopefully it'll be before my next payment is due.

Thanks,
    Wayne

Try making a backup of your UserPreferences.ini file by default located in My Documents - Dungeons & Dragons Online, then delete it from the folder. Re-launch the game client and it'll recreate it.

Thumbs down

Here is the issue I had. I was informed, via reading the various posts of SSG representatives, that there was a new downloader, DDOlive, that I should be using and the Akamai Netsession tool was no longer used. If I did see the Akamai product, I was using the wrong downloader. So, after a number of attempts of uninstalling and installing the game client over 2-3 days, and continuously being prompted by the DDOlive downloader to use Akamai and me quitting the process at that point (since I was told that it was wrong), I finally decided to let it run despite the Akamai software license prompting and the downloading telling me it is using Akamai Netsession. Of course that worked and I was not only relieved, but extremely upset on how this was handled. Akamai did in fact handle the download and it worked no problem. I felt like I wasted more than 2 days deleting every last vestige of DDO from my PC, only to install it, multiple times over 2 - 3 days mind you, and run into Akamai Netsession license agreement prompt.

If better, more accurate instructions were given, I am sure folks like myself would not have been banging our heads against the wall trying to figure out what we did wrong (beside following SSG's instructions). This was a disaster plain and simple as it was not the result of an update (more understandable) but the result of internal changes that we had no idea were happening and was not caused by us customers. However, the majority of the solutions that I saw came from the user base. Plus, we were expected to fix the issue on our own. If I owned more than 2 thumbs, it would be that many thumbs down on this one.
    Sarlona Server - High Lords of Malkier :
    Kluege Fixer - Superkluege

Community Member

Would it make sense to add an option to backup/reset the INI file from the launcher itself like how we can reset video settings?

Community Member

Default Day five and i still can't play

Hello again,

Well, it is day five of waiting for the ddo folks to get this fixed. I am starting to think that because I run a MAC that it is low priority. Hopefully, eventually someone from the ddo folks will read the forums, realize there are some extremely unsatisfied CUSTOMERS (not yelling just want them to remember this fact) that they are not responding appropriately to.

How much longer will we have to wait? Is there anyone in charge who will answer this question?

Thanks,
    Wayne

Yesterday afternoon (Thursday, May 2nd) we experienced a DNS issue that needed to be corrected, and that process has caused technical issues for some users. In particular, some players are reporting an inability to log in, and others are reporting patching problems. Here's what you need to do if you are experiencing an issue:

(Short Version)

If your issue is that you cannot log into the game, or your game client cannot patch, Click here and re-download a new game client using a brand new installation of the ddolive.exe Application. The URL is: https://www.ddo.com/en/game/download

(Longer Version)

As part of a DNS issue involving a content server, that DNS information has changed. Additionally, in recent weeks, we shifted to a version of the base installation that no longer utilizes Akamai Netsession for initial installation. This has been a seamless change for most users. However, if you did/are run(ing) into a patching issue, one of the first things to do is to make sure you are not using an old installation download. Quite a few folks do this once they get comfortable with the game client, so make sure you are using a fresh version of it. Get the new base installation package here: https://www.ddo.com/en/game/download

Finally, for those who perhaps have adjusted their hosts file to work around any local, regional, or otherwise DNS propagation issues, make sure to remove that information in a few days or a week or whatever when that DNS information is propagated. I typically still see a tech support ticket a week related to ddo.com DNS information not being removed or excluded from a hosts file.

so I decided to sit this out a couple days and play other games meanwhile. Today lookin to reinstall... your 45MB install launcher is trickling over with a whooping 34-55 Kb/s which amounts to 10-15mins just for the installer download.

Are you sure your free hosting bandwith for the month isn't used up yet?

edit: well at least once it gets to work the installer itself grabs stuff at normal dl speed ...

bit confused though, it's STILL running on akamai despite what was said in first post? 0.o

edit2: flushed DNS, AGAIN, used Jing's installer from google doc instead, STILL brings up akamai during installation 0.o

gonna let it run this time and see what happens when i come back l8rs

sceptical
    Last edited by Eryhn; 05-08-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Is it possible that this DNS thing is internet-wide ?
    I wonder because I see that in the SWTOR forums that there is a similar problem. One recent reply muses on redirecting the internet streams.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Eryhn View Post
    so I decided to sit this out a couple days and play other games meanwhile. Today lookin to reinstall... your 45MB install launcher is trickling over with a whooping 34-55 Kb/s which amounts to 10-15mins just for the installer download.

Are you sure your free hosting bandwith for the month isn't used up yet?

edit: well at least once it gets to work the installer itself grabs stuff at normal dl speed ...

bit confused though, it's STILL running on akamai despite what was said in first post? 0.o

edit2: flushed DNS, AGAIN, used Jing's installer from google doc instead, STILL brings up akamai during installation 0.o

gonna let it run this time and see what happens when i come back l8rs

sceptical
    Also happened to me. I posted here a few posts earlier than yours here... I wasted 2 days of installing and uninstalling as I continuously got the akamai deal as well. Finally I decided to just let it run and see; assuming it would error out. But it wound up working. I was both relieved and quite upset at being mislead. Anyway, the handling of this was terrible and obviously unmanaged as all sorts of folks, both SSG and users, were posting fixes. No one at SSG took control of the situation and we wound up with people trying to fix their issues. Colossal failure in my book.
    Sarlona Server - High Lords of Malkier :
    Kluege Fixer - Superkluege

Community Manager

For MacOS users who are continuing to experience issues getting the DDO client to run, we are now offering a Beta Wine client which may resolve your issues. The client can be downloaded here: http://download.ddo.akamai.turbine.c...olive-wine.dmg

Note: This is an older post made immediately during the transition. The current download link is here: http://live.ddo.com/sites/clientdl/ddo/ddolive.dmg

Couple of known issues:

- Screenshots are not working correctly.
    - The launcher is unable to correctly open logs.
    - Keyboard input is respected as a Windows key input rather than Mac.
    - The app bundle is not yet correctly signed, so launching it will require extra action (right click then open).
    Last edited by Cordovan; 08-12-2019 at 12:30 PM.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    Also happened to me. I posted here a few posts earlier than yours here... I wasted 2 days of installing and uninstalling as I continuously got the akamai deal as well. Finally I decided to just let it run and see; assuming it would error out. But it wound up working. I was both relieved and quite upset at being mislead. Anyway, the handling of this was terrible and obviously unmanaged as all sorts of folks, both SSG and users, were posting fixes. No one at SSG took control of the situation and we wound up with people trying to fix their issues. Colossal failure in my book.

well it seems to be working for me now, too. just came back home, it had finished full dl & install, I had to acknowledge the akamai **** once then it loaded in. have to redo some settings though. even though i chose english install it defaulted to german, ill blame that on windows stubbornly overriding region settings or some such maybe. now fixing gfx settings then hopefully it works. don't dare to re-import the old userpref.ini for fear of fubar ...

edit: yeah, tis workin.
    Last edited by Eryhn; 05-08-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by XodousRoC View Post
    I have the same issue. Also randomly freezes on zoning. Locked up on a ddoor. Locks up every single time I click on my cargo hold to get my legacy buffs. Yet another guild that will not get buffs renewed until SSG fixes things.
    I loaded on to another computer all ok now 0n May 7th old computer problems fixed now except freezes up when I go to store.
    Guild leader Thelanis - Rexit, Guild leader Gallanda -Rextexx, Guild leader Khyber - Rexwar, and former guild leader Argonnessen - Rexonater

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast