Default Inquisitive + Falconry : Does it work well?

I was thinking about a build with 41 points in Inquisitive and 31 points in Falconry.

Inquisitive will be main tree with most of the damage coming from this tree.
    Falconry will be for the bird attacks that causes helplessness and wisdom for attack/damage.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with using these trees together and can tell me how well they work at cap, especially in reapers.

I've tried Falconry in heroic levels but the target usually dies before the bird attack lands.
    I haven't been able to try coordinated shot yet.

There seem to be a 1 - 2 second lag when bird attack is initiated and when the bird attack lands.
    I was wondering how hard is it to land coordinated shot that will hit a group of moving mobs. If the target mob dies before the coordinated shot lands, does the skill still trigger the AOE blindness effect?

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
    I was thinking about a build with 41 points in Inquisitive and 31 points in Falconry.

Inquisitive will be main tree with most of the damage coming from this tree.
    Falconry will be for the bird attacks that causes helplessness and wisdom for attack/damage.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with using these trees together and can tell me how well they work at cap, especially in reapers.

I've tried Falconry in heroic levels but the target usually dies before the bird attack lands.
    I haven't been able to try coordinated shot yet.

There seem to be a 1 - 2 second lag when bird attack is initiated and when the bird attack lands.
    I was wondering how hard is it to land coordinated shot that will hit a group of moving mobs. If the target mob dies before the coordinated shot lands, does the skill still trigger the AOE blindness effect?

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    It's not that it couldn't work...it can. It's just that doesn't have much synergy. The really good stuff from those trees comes in the tier 5 and you can't take them both. In order to get it to really work well, you'll need at least 4 levels of Arti. That will allow you to take endless fusillade and then the tier 5 Death from Above. Points will be *very* tight and you'll definitely want to take one of the Universal trees to the top core ability

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
    This is how you'd build a Cleric/Inquisitive. However, the value in it would be that you're a pure caster with full casting stat who can also engage in ranged combat - not that you'd be a top notch ranged combatant.

The bird attacks work really well with melee since it gives you ranged control and time to close. With ranged combat, it just seems less effective.

You could also do a 41 DWS/31 Falconry/3+ Inquisitive with a pure Ranger. Such a build tends to be exceptional against trash (due to Killer) but less effective against bosses than a more conventional Inquisitive build.