Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    TOONETEER Brutuscass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In Zulu time
    Posts
    309

    Default Combat report too messy

    Today I ran a quest in which I was killed, ok it happens, though as it was in instant kill I opened the up the combat tab to see what killed me and could not see any report of my death, I did have the effect choice checked at the time so that made it a little confusing, but could scroll up to where I was still alive and causing damage, in fact, I could see no report of me suffering damage???

    I unchecked the Effects and error from the combat tab, for future ease of use and then gave up trying to work out what had killed me, released went back to my guild ship and hit the buff bar, then thought I'd have another look at the combat report, the list now consisted of nothing but the buffs I had received, surely these are effects?? and should not be shown when the option has been deselected??

    I know that there is a rather heavy flow down the restricted pipeline of content and development, and a backlog of things to do, but it would be nice if this could be looked into, maybe creating check options for Damage done by you, Damage Received by you, what you have killed, and what killed you. this would allow players the choice of have individual tabs for these.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    The downside to sycophancy is that you never get the best deal.
    Free spirits are always condemned. Only sycophants are tolerated.
    Even negative feed back can have a positive side if used to improve.

  2. #2
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscass View Post
    Today I ran a quest in which I was killed, ok it happens, though as it was in instant kill I opened the up the combat tab to see what killed me and could not see any report of my death, I did have the effect choice checked at the time so that made it a little confusing, but could scroll up to where I was still alive and causing damage, in fact, I could see no report of me suffering damage???

    I unchecked the Effects and error from the combat tab, for future ease of use and then gave up trying to work out what had killed me, released went back to my guild ship and hit the buff bar, then thought I'd have another look at the combat report, the list now consisted of nothing but the buffs I had received, surely these are effects?? and should not be shown when the option has been deselected??

    I know that there is a rather heavy flow down the restricted pipeline of content and development, and a backlog of things to do, but it would be nice if this could be looked into, maybe creating check options for Damage done by you, Damage Received by you, what you have killed, and what killed you. this would allow players the choice of have individual tabs for these.
    It would be awesome, if it was possible to log all the data somewhere. All you can do is, tape your tests somehow ...
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

  3. #3
    Community Member banjo174's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In my room
    Posts
    788

    Default

    A lot of it, is the game telling you that since you died, you lost all of those buffs as well :P . . . Which means you have to scroll all the way up to the very first buff that the game says you lost since you died. I would certainly appreciate them doing some combat log reworks. I mean you can technically make different chat boxes for different combat log aspects... But it isn't as precise as someone who cares about seeing combat log text would prefer it. Theres so many ways they could make DDO better though... Honestly, they don't have the staff to fix the game, add to the game, and improve the game.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~

  4. #4
    TOONETEER Brutuscass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In Zulu time
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    . Theres so many ways they could make DDO better though... Honestly, they don't have the staff to fix the game, add to the game, and improve the game.
    sadly this is true, but there's always hope, and no harm in asking maybe one day
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    The downside to sycophancy is that you never get the best deal.
    Free spirits are always condemned. Only sycophants are tolerated.
    Even negative feed back can have a positive side if used to improve.

  5. #5
    Forum witchdoctor Hobgoblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    hell.
    Posts
    6,653

    Default

    one of the issues here is that it tries to cram too much stuff in there. I mean could it hurt to say guild buffs removed? instead of each line? lol

    i personally dont want to see any of what is removed of what i put on me. what im interested in is what i did to mobs and what they did to me
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

  6. #6
    Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,925

    Default

    Logging fights onto the HD would be nice.
    But .. on the other side, don't be surprised if several months later your HD is suddenly full ...
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

  7. #7
    TOONETEER Brutuscass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In Zulu time
    Posts
    309

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    one of the issues here is that it tries to cram too much stuff in there. I mean could it hurt to say guild buffs removed? instead of each line? lol

    i personally dont want to see any of what is removed of what i put on me. what im interested in is what i did to mobs and what they did to me
    I totally agree with you.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    The downside to sycophancy is that you never get the best deal.
    Free spirits are always condemned. Only sycophants are tolerated.
    Even negative feed back can have a positive side if used to improve.

  8. #8
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,360

    Default

    Maybe have a possibility to chose between "mine" and "theirs".
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

  9. #9
    TOONETEER Brutuscass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In Zulu time
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    Maybe have a possibility to chose between "mine" and "theirs".
    yup certainly, an incoming damage and deaths and a separate out going one would be good.
    Last edited by Brutuscass; 04-30-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    The downside to sycophancy is that you never get the best deal.
    Free spirits are always condemned. Only sycophants are tolerated.
    Even negative feed back can have a positive side if used to improve.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    217

    Default That extra legacy text garbage in the combat log can just go away.

    I never understood, and have always found it annoying and not useful, the logging of which buffs were lost on death. Arguably, I guess it could be useful for new players who may not know which buffs are lost when they die. On the other hand, how many new players are going to be looking at the combat log to understand the under-the-hood mechanics of what just happened in combat? Even experienced players have trouble deciphering everything in the log, so any perspective that the content is for new players is weak at best. I suppose there might be a position of needing to verify some bug like the potential loss of a buff that shouldn't have gone away on death, but that belongs in a testing environment, not the released version of a game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload