Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Default Lynnabel Asked For Raid Weapon Suggestions, Let's Get Creative And Have Some Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post

Real talk - I am least happy with the Raid Weapons. I want them to be more rad. Throw me raid weapon suggestions.

Here's my go at it, think Constellation, but with an aesthetic that doesn't look so boxxy and jagged......

Anyhow, I had to add a form of vampirism as everything else is bordering on being a little OP

Theme: Curses your enemies to bolster your own prowess in combat (My favorite theme)

Cursed Puzzle Dagger/Longsword/Bastard Sword
    Minimum Level: 29
    Damage Dice: ???
    Critical Profile: ???
    • Sovereign Vorpal Passive: +0.5[W] damage dice.
      On Vorpal Hit: If your target has fewer than 3000 Hit Points, it is instantly slain. If the target has above 3000 Hit Points, it takes 300 damage.
    • Legendary Soul Eating: On a Vorpal strike, the dark energy that inhabits this weapon will tear at the soul of your foe, inflicting 2d6 negative levels to your target. The Soul Eating weapon will feed this stolen life back to you in the form of 1000 temporary hit points that last for one minute or until depleted by incoming damage. (This temporary hitpoint effect does not stack with Bloodfeast or Legendary Affirmation)
    • Insatiable Vampirism 4: This weapon is so bloodthirsty that it not only drains life on hit, but it does so at a little extra cost to the target (Vampirism 4 effect and Constitution damage equal to what you heal when you heal. Additionally, while in reaper mode this form of vampirism receives less of a penalty.
    • Legendary Cursespewing: On a natural 20 attack roll, this weapon lashes out with a vengeful curse that confers a -10 morale penalty on attack rolls, damage rolls, saving throws, and skill checks. This agonizing curse also causes the victim to take 25 to 65 damage every two seconds for a duration of twelve seconds. Additional vorpal strikes while the curse is still active will extend the duration by another twelve seconds.
    • Orange Augment Slot
    • Red Augment Slot

Okay now that I kicked this off with an idea from my brainmeats.......... your turn, but first some rules!

1-If two effects on your weapon are close to being considered overpowered, tone it down on the next couple effects, try to keep your weapon from being too powerful.

2-No negativity, be civil or avoid posting as negativity derails!

3-Constructive criticism is allowed and encouraged, if it is actually constructive. There is nothing constructive about about trying to impose your playstyle onto others so saying something like "That's a lame effect I would never want or use" or something that amounts to such, it's especially revolting if you not only do that but also claim to speak for everyone. Acceptable constructive criticisms come in the form of "That might be difficult to program", "That's a tad bit overpowered", "Seems a bit over-complicated, perhaps (Insert suggestion) might simplify it a bit", and "Perhaps that is a little underpowered". Constructive criticisms help improve something, destructive criticisms just aim to tear someone or something down while not even so much as offering an alternative, be constructive only.

4-Stick to a theme, make your theme known

5-Try to have fun, and stay civil!

i want a "joke" weapon.

one that deals tons and tons of damage to red names, but nothing to orange or normal mobs
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

If vampirism was company I would have to assume that you're a major stockholder by now.

What about weapon that has a chance to dance enemies some kind of Auto's weapon Warhammer or maybe a mace.

What about base weapons that bypass both piercing and bludgeoning like a flail or mace.
    Or ax that bypasses both slashing and bludgeoning like the axe that Thor wields Infinity Wars.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    i want a "joke" weapon.

one that deals tons and tons of damage to red names, but nothing to orange or normal mobs
    Make it a greatclub. Has to have some kind of balloon look and sound.
    Also, corrupt-a-wish style, tons and tons of damage on red names, but orange, normal *or purple* mobs remain unfazed.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

Lets make things extra strange!

Handwraps similar to Locked and Loaded except useful.

Effects:
    • Legendary Scaled "Elemental Manipulation"
    • Spellcraft/Insightful Spellcraft bonus
    • Handwraps Proficiency
    • Universal Spell Focus

These could be useful for a Monk using Eldritch Knight to boost the power of Spellsword or any caster who uses Fire/Cold/Electricity/Acid spells. I'm imagining caster Druids using these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wise fwom ur gwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    Make it a greatclub. Has to have some kind of balloon look and sound.
    Also, corrupt-a-wish style, tons and tons of damage on red names, but orange, normal *or purple* mobs remain unfazed.
    No, it should if anything dissapear after 15 minutes of being equipped and heal anything that isn't red named if anything..........

A weapon like that could still be considered a little OP, so if really a joke weapon, that 15 minute timer should be hidden, and perhaps shorter than 15 minutes, better yet the timer should be randomly generated and hidden!

If a joke weapon is to be made, it needs to frustrate, have some situational convenience, and evoke a "*** is this?!!!" kind of reaction for as long as people take to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipparan View Post
    Lets make things extra strange!

Handwraps similar to Locked and Loaded except useful.

Effects:
    • Legendary Scaled "Elemental Manipulation"
    • Handwraps Proficiency
    • Universal Spell Focus

These could be useful for a Monk using Eldritch Knight to boost the power of Spellsword or any caster who uses Fire/Cold/Electricity/Acid spells. I'm imagining caster Druids using these.
    I'd argue this to not be powerful enough........

Effects:
    • Sovereign Elemental Spellpower (+550 to each elemental spellpower, this does not stack with equipment, insightful, quality, or profane spellpower enhancements)
    • Handwraps Proficiency
    • Fetters Of Unreality

Further more, I'd say making this change your hands cosmetic appearance to appear as if equipped with clawed gauntlets would be awesome.

Flowin' through my mind... Being here, dreaming there...

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh
    put Dust on the raid two-handed weapons.

I like this idea. It's on the Greatsword (and Throwing Dagger) now.

If the greatswd have it, the bswd must have it too. Basically the same swd, including the glancing blows.
    Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    ...Raiding is pointless because gear will eventually be replaced by better gear. Past lives are forever and thus are the only character improvement that is worth the trouble of acquiring...
    Endgame is TR!

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

ML 10 weapon that does 100 damage per swing - but ONLY does 100 damage per swing and that damage can't be modified by crits, strength bonuses, feats, destinies, etc. Also isn't modified by DR.

Yes, I said ML 10 on purpose. Yes, it's only obtainable in the Legendary raid. Use it on your next life if you want.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    ML 10 weapon that does 100 damage per swing - but ONLY does 100 damage per swing
    We have something like this internally. I believe it's called the "reliable shortsword" and does exactly 10 damage.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Default Falchion

How about a raid Falchion? That would aid the THF style.

Falchion: Radiance - Keen V, Sovereign Vorpal, Coruscating 10 (10d6 Light damage), Metalline, - Upgrade to add a better version of Brazen Brilliance (chance of Sunburst that does lots of additional Light damage (40d6?) in an area and forces a DC 90 Will save or be blinded)

Also add: Red Slot & Purple Slot

The visual effect of the weapon (what it looks like) could be similar to the Sunsword but it would be bigger and falchion-shaped.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Hi Welcome

Community Member

Default Weapon

I'd like to see another weapon like the one from Legendary Shroud that gives the slow motion procs. Except while they are in slow motion they should also dance, slow mo dance would be good for a laugh.

Maybe also useful to have a weapon that has longer than standard reach for the weapon type. So axe/sword/hammer/dagger/whatever on a chain.

Also weapon proc that pulls monsters towards the wielder vortex style, something a tank could use to draw mobs in en mass lazy mode.

Community Member

Once again AA bow users get short changed IMO.

Twisted Willow long bow is the only bow.

Sharn Wallwatch:
    Set Bonus: +1/3 Sneak Dice, +15/25% Fortification Bypass, +10/20% Doubleshot, +10/20 Ranged Power

Wildwood Mail Light Armor
    Minimum Level: 15/29

• Fortification +94%/+214%
    • Physical Sheltering +19/+54
    • Healing Amplification +30/+85
    • False Life +29/+81

Wildwood Outfit Outfit

• Healing Amplification +30/+85
    • False Life +29/+81

Wildwood Heart Docent

• Repair Amplification +30/+85
    • False Life +29/+81

Wildwood Gauntlets Gloves

• Blurry +20%/+35%
    • Dodge +8%/+21%
    • Natural Armor +8/+21
    • Distant Diversion +25%/+62%

Wallwatch Captain's Mask Helmet

• Tendon Slice
    • Accuracy +12/+33
    • Reflex Saves +6/+17
    • Doubleshot +9%/+23%

Crown of Bitter Thorns Raid Helmet

• Seeker +21
    • Deadly +17
    • Accuracy +34
    • Insightful Doubleshot +12%

3 piece sets. Ranger AA Bow users are stretched real thin for effective items, giving a set bonus for lvl 15 is fine. for lvl 29 not so much.

I would recommend incorporating these set bonuses and the Twisted Willow bow attributes with the AA & DS trees.

The acid dmge on Twisted Willow needs to have spellpower added

Or should ranger AA bow users wait another year for a quality of life update?

So far what i saw and used on Lamma-Land is marginal considering all the power creep you've given X-Bow users and other class paths.
    Last edited by Lagin; 04-19-2019 at 11:56 PM.

Dazzling Crook

It would be a lot like Shining Crescents from The Titan Awakes raid, but it would be bug-free and it wouldn't be wonky.

Community Member

I would like to see more things like Celestia, non physical damage. Especially on bows, Void from ravenloft was a good opportunity for this, Inferno Sniper could have been a fire one.
    They should be a little lower DPS since they bypass most DR, but the vulnerability brings them back up? Give them a unique flavor that works with its elemental or alignment damage.

A chaos based shuriken would be cool.

Twisted Star - Damage Type: Chaos
    -15% chance to confuse on hit
    -9d6 Chaos damage on hit
    -Improved Destruction
    -On crit, procs something similar to Colors of the Queen

Might need a negative level to lawful characters?

Edit: probably not possible but randomized damage dice would be fun, high rolls on attack, 19-20 would be 1d2, 14-18 = 1d3 8-13 = 1d4 1-8 = 1d6
    reverse it so that crits don't get out of control
    Last edited by red_kain; 04-19-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by red_kain View Post
    I would like to see more things like Celestia, non physical damage. Especially on bows, Void from ravenloft was a good opportunity for this,
    For a period of time, Void was exactly that. Unfortunately, DDO gets very confused when Damage Flags contain relatively conflicting omissions, and it tended to break. I changed it from Cold, Magic to Pierce, Magic roughly a year ago to fix its problems. If we ever fix the entire system, I do not mind making more, but as-is they break often and work even less.

-Wildwood-Wrists- Legendary Meatbag's Champion Bracers Bracers
    • (INSIGHT INT, DEX, WIS +10)
    • Doubleshot
    • Insightful Accuracy +17
    • Insightful Deadly +8
    • Renegade Champion

(It'd be nice to have a non-Warforged-centric version of the set, and as it is, Lynn's going to have a hard time coming up with loot (rxb + rune arm) that competes with the Renegade Champion set already.)

Community Member

I changed it from Cold, Magic to Pierce, Magic roughly a year ago to fix its problems.
    I remember that, I also remember thinking when it was still cold+magic, that the magic tag wasn't supposed to be on it. If I remember correctly, stuff like enchant weapons messes up celestia by adding the magic tag.
    Looking at the celestia wiki, it just has light, no magic. Doubt it helps but doesn't hurt to try.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by red_kain View Post
    I remember that, I also remember thinking when it was still cold+magic, that the magic tag wasn't supposed to be on it. If I remember correctly, stuff like enchant weapons messes up celestia by adding the magic tag.
    Looking at the celestia wiki, it just has light, no magic. Doubt it helps but doesn't hurt to try.
    Magic type is an implied type that post-hoc things in DDO append to the Damage Flags field - so, for example, turning on that one Arcane Past life will push Magic into that block, breaking it. I didn't put Magic in per se, the ghost of DDO did.

Club(simple weapon, one handed)
    Damage dice: 1d2 metalline aligned
    Effects:
    Improved destruction
    Strength sapping
    Solipsism
    Improved deception
    Enervation
    Legendary paralyzing
    Some kind of mp/rp/sp debuff
    tendon slice
    weaken construct/undead
    etc
    Cursed somehow too

Just an insane debuffer with horrendous damage. Some offhand effects might work on mainhand too
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4 soon)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast