Community Member

Default Pet focused universal tree and new feats.

Pets mechanics are very fun but pets and summons in ddo are very under powered. They are great tools for carrying stones and turning levers but not that helpful in combat after the first few levels. The reason for that is clear as they dont pile up PL, dont have EDs and have a limited amount of gear .

My suggestions are:

-In form of a feat or a enhancement in the suggested tree allow multi-classing druids, artificers or wizard to have their pets to keep growing. They are already very weak on pureclass builds and wont be that terrible in multiclassing. That would allow more build options based on pets such as artificer/wizard/warlock enhancments being applied to a stronger pet from a multiclassing pet user. That could be considered for summons too.

- One of the reasons for pets being pretty weak is that they dont evolve nearly close to what characters do. Let it change in form of different enhancements that a % of the bonus applied to the summoner/pet wielder can be applied to the pets/summons so they keep evolving as the character does and it have a price for it not leaving that much of points to build up overpowered pet masters.

- Enhancment for a increased atk speed. Thats another thing that make than very weak.

- plain stats bonus on the suggested enhancement tree for the pets.

For the name of this tree, it could be alot of things. From beast master ( or pokemon trainer XD) to a very dark but lore based slavemaster.

Community Member

While they're at it, maybe they could fix the AI? It's been a long time since I played a pure arti but I seem to recall the dog was stupider than a rock, constantly getting stuck, etc.

I agree it'd be great to make the summons less useless on multi-class. I pay a lot of arti-splashes and don't ever bother to summon the dog because they are so under-powered.

I'm not even sure pure arties can use them in epics. I know they can still be summoned, but doesn't the dog stop improving at 20?

This would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by systemshaker1941 View Post
    While they're at it, maybe they could fix the AI? It's been a long time since I played a pure arti but I seem to recall the dog was stupider than a rock, constantly getting stuck, etc.

I agree it'd be great to make the summons less useless on multi-class. I pay a lot of arti-splashes and don't ever bother to summon the dog because they are so under-powered.

I'm not even sure pure arties can use them in epics. I know they can still be summoned, but doesn't the dog stop improving at 20?
    They do keep getting better in epics, only problem is that the bug out, mainly on ladders and they will just float and follow you but dont attack or interact with anything and need to be resummoned which blows away guild buffs.

Stat wise they are not that awful but you need to babysit/resummon them so often for a below average ally.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by apocaladle View Post
    They do keep getting better in epics, only problem is that the bug out, mainly on ladders and they will just float and follow you but dont attack or interact with anything and need to be resummoned which blows away guild buffs.

Stat wise they are not that awful but you need to babysit/resummon them so often for a below average ally.
    Yeah, that much babysitting makes them less than optimal. And that's assuming it's even a pure arti where the dog has decent stats.

Obviously making the dogs from splashes viable in combat would be too much, but what else could they do to help? Aside from the occasional switch-pull I mean.

Perfect name for the enhancement tree..... Babysitters Anonymous.... BA for short! Haha

But seriously, you should be babysitting/resummoning, because if you want this tree then that is what your job should be....
    This tree SHOULD. NOT. be summon bunch of awesome allies and pike.... CORES of the tree should be.....

Minus 10,20,30,40,50% personal melee, ranged, spell power. To make sure you are giving your power to you minions and not keeping it for yourself

“ you suffer -10,20,30,40,50 melee, ranged,spell power and critical profiles while giving the same bonuses to you summons/hires “.

I can only imagine the huge lag 12 summoners in a raid would cause.... so sadly this probably won’t happen. It would be a lot of fun to see
    Last edited by awar1234; 04-24-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

If there were such a tree, it would be good to have it as a pets+charmed minions+summons tree.

...which would actually be really powerful in high level reaper.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    If there were such a tree, it would be good to have it as a pets+charmed minions+summons tree.

...which would actually be really powerful in high level reaper.
    Wont happen. They have stated that charms are currently OP in high reaper at the moment so they will likely nerf all the buffs like augment summons to charmed monsters, so you can still charm they just wont have +20 to all stats compared to anything else you are fighting.

I imagine thats why summoning has not really seen much love since reaper (aside from summoning filigree and legendary ooze)

Either way charms are not in a bad spot aside from "kill all the things to continue" but even then charm pile then finger the last one standing.

Summons themselves are in an awful spot

Summon monster/natures ally I-IX only useful in heroics up to 16ish.
    Homunculis/wolf bug out and are bad to use all the time
    Pale master skelly caps out at low epics
    Xoriat hound cr 35 caps out at low epics
    Avatar of vulkoor cr 10 caps out at mid heroics
    Hirelings cap out at mid epics
    Legendary ooze works in Legendary reaper but still not great
    Summon epic monster caps at low epics

So that just leaves LGS ooze wep means it has to be an off hand for main to be sentient, and it can be at most a fun gimmick for a caster but not a solid build and to make the ooze work ok you have to dump a ton of resources which would be better spent on pure caster.