Default Two-Hander for a Wolf?

I made an 8 Druid/11 Barb/1 FvS wolf and I'm wondering which two-hander you all would advise I use?

Here are my choices:

1. Torn, That Which Renders Despair

Pros: Metalline, Stacks of Vulnerable, Improved Destruction, Insightful Armor Piercing, Good crit multiplier (x3) and works with LD's Headsman's Chop for an extra crit multiplier on rolls of 19-20.

Cons: Comparatively low Base Damage Rating (85.25), very narrow (20) crit range.

2. Legendary Tail of the Scorpion

Pros: Metalline, 9d6 Poison Damage, Sovereign Vorpal, Outstanding crit range (15-20) because of Keen V, Good Base Damage Rating (107.25)

Cons: Low crit multiplier (x2), lose x1 crit multiplier because it's not an axe so it won't work with Headsman's Chop from LD.

3. Reflection of Blackrazor

Pros: Decent crit range (17-20) because of Keen V, 9d6 Untyped Damage, Excellent BDR (127.20), Overwhelming Stealer of Souls (works better vs. Trash but the Fortification reduction works against bosses).

Cons: Not Metalline, Low crit multiplier (x2), It's not an axe so it won't work with Headsman's Chop from LD, It's PITA to acquire.

I'm leaning heavily towards Torn but I could be convinced to use one of the other two.

What do you all think?
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

No one has any thoughts, opinions, or suggestions on this? Really??
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Seems kind of obvious... If you are doing content with enemies that takes more than 30 seconds to kill, then use torn.
    If you are doing content with enemies that don't take that long, use blackrazor.

Swap between them for bosses if you can *Shrugs* Unless you can apply vulnerability another way, and you don't need fortification bypass.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call

Community Member

Torn is good for raid bosses if you're pugging or if your standard raid group doesn't have people who can already stack vulnerability.

Reflection is good for everything else. 7W for extra damage over Torn at 5W. Stacking melee power buff if you're killing trash.

BTW, you should be disregarding the impact of keen on the crit ranges, as you should have already taken Improved Critical - Slashing to unlock Overwhelming Critical while leveling up. The only benefit of Keen on end game weapons is the extra 2W it gives.

I typically don't play my wolf druids as crit builds, so I'm not sure about how Torn + Headman's Chop + an extra x2 Crit Mult stacks up against Blackrazor + the extra x2 Crit Mult from the barbarian tree. The extra range on the vorpals may overtake the extra 2W, but that's really restricting your crit range, so probably better again for raid bosses and very long fights as fast, steady damage is best for trash kill speed (not having to rely on a crit for your kills).

Quote Originally Posted by Zretch View Post
    Torn is good for raid bosses if you're pugging or if your standard raid group doesn't have people who can already stack vulnerability.

Reflection is good for everything else. 7W for extra damage over Torn at 5W. Stacking melee power buff if you're killing trash.

BTW, you should be disregarding the impact of keen on the crit ranges, as you should have already taken Improved Critical - Slashing to unlock Overwhelming Critical while leveling up. The only benefit of Keen on end game weapons is the extra 2W it gives.

I typically don't play my wolf druids as crit builds, so I'm not sure about how Torn + Headman's Chop + an extra x2 Crit Mult stacks up against Blackrazor + the extra x2 Crit Mult from the barbarian tree. The extra range on the vorpals may overtake the extra 2W, but that's really restricting your crit range, so probably better again for raid bosses and very long fights as fast, steady damage is best for trash kill speed (not having to rely on a crit for your kills).
    Thanks for your answer. It jibes with what a friend told me - Razor for trash, Torn for bosses.

That +2W because of Keen V, btw, is not insignificant.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Howe View Post
    Thanks for your answer. It jibes with what a friend told me - Razor for trash, Torn for bosses.

That +2W because of Keen V, btw, is not insignificant.
    Agreed. And it's an advantage that you can't get from any other source. There's no augment, enhancement, or buff that gives the equivalent non-stacking addition to weapon die. It tends to create two tiers of raid weapons within the same raid, not because of the crit range which can be made up for simply by taking the appropriate feat, but by the extra weapon die which give weapons with keen an advantage over ones without, all else being equal.