Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,429

    Default Paladin DPS Build Help Please: 15-30, 1 level of Ranger

    Hello,

    I need to do a single life, 15-30, stuck with a level of Ranger, Scourge.

    Prioritising offence:

    Should I run with maces or use something with Knight's Training?

    THF, S&B, TWF? What's the best for dps on a pally?

    KOTC or Vanguard offers more dps?

    18 Paladin? 1 Ranger, 1??

    For:
    -levels 15-30 R1

    I don't need a build (although happy to look at one) - just need some direction on what works well with pally.


    Thank you in advance
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

  2. #2
    Community Member voxson5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoDaClown View Post
    Hello,

    I need to do a single life, 15-30, stuck with a level of Ranger, Scourge.

    Prioritising offence:

    Should I run with maces or use something with Knight's Training?

    THF, S&B, TWF? What's the best for dps on a pally?

    KOTC or Vanguard offers more dps?

    18 Paladin? 1 Ranger, 1??

    For:
    -levels 15-30 R1

    I don't need a build (although happy to look at one) - just need some direction on what works well with pally.


    Thank you in advance
    15p/5r, T5 tempest, t4 DoS, 2wf, heavy armour. Might as well use scourge mace crit for those sweet big numbers.

    This is a fairly old build though & I am sure ithers can do better.

  3. #3
    Community Member Grailhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    I would be thinking about adding more Ranger.

    15/5 (Tempest T5)
    14/6 (Tempest T5 + Feat)
    14/5/1 PLD/RNG/MNK (Tempest T5 + 100% Offhand pPoc)
    15/3/2 PLD/RNG/MNK (100% Offhand Proc and Evasion)

    Can use longswords and knights training to stay centers and use monk stance in place of Zeal if you want. Sadly 5 ranger 2 Monk won't work because of the lose of Holy Sword.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,429

    Default

    Thanks guys



    Thoughts on tier 4 Vistani to go with the pally, since KOTC seems lacklustre?


    So, perhaps

    15/5 Paladin Ranger


    Heavy Armour?
    TWF
    Tempest 40 points
    Stalwart 6, PRR
    Scourge: 10-17, depending if using maces

    17-24 points to spend in either Vistani
    or KOTC?

    Thank you for the help
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

  5. #5
    Community Member Grailhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoDaClown View Post
    Thoughts on tier 4 Vistani to go with the pally, since KOTC seems lacklustre?
    I would stick to Longswords or Khopesh and put the points KOTC and Defender, or maybe a few into Stalker for Sneak attack.

    You could talk me in to Heavy Maces, or Morningstar with Assimar Enhancements + Knights Training + Pulverize, but that seams like a lot of work to get it working, the DS, Offhand Proc, and ODS might make it worth it though, especially if there's a weapon that has a bit better crit profile you can use.

    I would avoid daggers on this kind of build just think your going backwards using a lesser weapon but I'm sure it would work well enough for a PL.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk View Post
    I would stick to Longswords or Khopesh and put the points KOTC and Defender, or maybe a few into Stalker for Sneak attack.

    You could talk me in to Heavy Maces, or Morningstar with Assimar Enhancements + Knights Training + Pulverize, but that seams like a lot of work to get it working, the DS, Offhand Proc, and ODS might make it worth it though, especially if there's a weapon that has a bit better crit profile you can use.

    I would avoid daggers on this kind of build just think your going backwards using a lesser weapon but I'm sure it would work well enough for a PL.
    Cool, thank you for the advice
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

  7. #7
    Community Member Palna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    60

    Default

    I'd go 15/5 or preferably 14/6 for T5 tempest and minimum 11 AP in DWS for exposing strike. DoD - > ES and trip you got sone decent CC, debatable if 10% doublestrike from Zeal is more dps but I doubt it beats the CC and sneak attacks. Maybe 23 in defender until you get Epic Defense for HP and Str. Weapon wise I guess depends on what you got in the bank and how much racial ap, should be more or less the same for leveling.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,077

    Default

    I'd go 14/6. One problem with this build that you kinda suck in heroics, because only at level 20 you get both DoD and Holy Sword. If you have any tasty heroic daggers, you could level with 21+ in Vistani for crit expansion and 33+ in Tempest for Dance.

    At 20 I'd switch to Light Armor (Silent Avenger) and run in Shadowdancer for Evasion and stuff.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,429

    Default

    Thank you for the responses.

    I went with the 15/5 option, blunt weapons.
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

  10. #10
    Community Member Ralmeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoDaClown View Post
    Thank you for the responses.

    I went with the 15/5 option, blunt weapons.
    Sounds like a good plan. The best way to get DPS on a Paladin at the moment is to...splash in something else and use their more modern enhancement tree. The Paladin enhancement trees haven't been updated in almost five years now. Looking back through Wiki, it looks like this was update 23, which was September of 2014. Yup...Paladins are the red-headed step-child of character classes for the developers.
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload