Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

Lightbulb We Need Cosmetic Wearables Storage - It's time to sell a Valise in the store

With all the cosmetics that come with purchases of the four Expansions, or can be purchased from vendors during the festivals, or even the Remnant and Reaper wearables, add to that the glamoured weapons and other items, some considerable storage space is taken up with excess cosmetics. Players need to have a way to store these items safely, and with relatively little impact upon their standard backpack or bank space. Most of these items are not Bound to Account, but Bound to Character and can't even be placed in the Shared Bank to help alleviate the problem.

That is why I'm suggesting a new type of Storage Bag, for sale at the DDO Store, called the Valise. To begin with, it should come in three different sizes, Small with the ability to store 10 different items for 395 DP, Medium with the ability to store 20 different items for 495 DP, and Large with the ability to store 40 different items for 595 DP. Larger sizes can be added either due to increased demand or perhaps with subsequent expansions.

I'd love to hear what everyone thinks of this idea, especially you Devs out there. I can say that, personally, I hate deleting the items even though I rarely use them as I'm a bit of a pack-rat, or Loot-Hordo as may be more accurate, but I believe that there is a significant population out there that enjoys the customizable fun that these items give us visually and have way too much stuff in their already over-worked inventories.

Ever yours,
    Hordo
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Last edited by Hordo; 04-15-2019 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Grammar and Spelling
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Community Member

Yep.

Here we are again.

So a thread like this gets posted here at least once a week, sometimes more often. The game treats cosmetics like like equipment items, and there are serious problems with the inventory system limiting the number of items the game can handle.

Creating a "Valise" or "closet" or "tab" or whatever other solution is proposed would require a complete re-write of the cosmetics system and along with it a large chunk of the existing inventory system. Inventory needs a huge overhaul anyway, but the short answer is that "fixing" this will be a project on a level with creating a new expansion. Given the limited resources, we should not expect any real answer to the inventory headache anytime soon.

Community Member

My bad, looks like its been almost two weeks:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...cosmetic-items

And the one before that:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ips-Cloak-Room

You get the idea.

In my imaginary world, there was a Cosmetic Storage Hold sold with the Sharn Expansion pack that was usable on airships. It let you store all your glamored cosmetics and etc there. But I must've woke up too soon. Now I am sad. Going back to sleep soon...

Community Member

Whats funny is the wide-ranging different ideas everyone has about how the problem should be solved. Some want a bag, some want a shared bank tab, some a room on the airship, some a tab in the inventory panel(a-la pets), and some want an even more convoluted system.

All of them ignore the underlying problem that is eating away at DDO like a cancer. I do hope the devs get the game in for some chemo soon.

Can pack hundreds of hirelings in a folder (imagine the smell) but no way to store clothing together.

Also: Would gladly trade the ability to put hireling in folders for cosmetic storage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PuppiesAndRainbows View Post
    Can pack hundreds of hirelings in a folder (imagine the smell) but no way to store clothing together.

Also: Would gladly trade the ability to put hireling in folders for cosmetic storage.
    Not that simple.

All has to do with the way the game engine treats the object. DDO treats cosmetics like weapons/armor/etc. Hirelings are obviously treated differently.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

What is a Valise ?
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    What is a Valise ?
    valise noun
    va·?lise

Definition of valise
    : suitcase

Examples of valise in a Sentence
    Here, the exact contents of each valise, for your shopping pleasure.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

"Aren't you the kid who used to bring his gym shorts to school in an attache case?"
    "...it was a valise."