Default Make Epics TRs more fun: Epic TRing should reset epic quest conpletions

So in my previous life, I ran to cap primarily running quests once and done on R1 or elite, with a limited amount of grinding dailies. I ended up going for an Epic TR and I’m about halfway back up to cap, finished running sagas end really find the thought of running dailies over and over on EH boring.

What if when you do an Epic TR, any quest that has an epic version to it would have the completion status reset. This way you could run a variety of quests on an interesting difficulty setting (instead of a lower difficulty because the XP/min is better) for bravery bonus. This way you could also run the newest, fun quests both in heroics and epics and get bravery bonus for both.

This would not impact quest completions of heroic only quests, but only quests with an epic version. This just seems like it would be more fun to do an epic TR, instead of grinding out dailies yet again.
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

Community Member

Are you also suggesting re-setting raid flags? One of the biggest draws of ETR is not needing to re-flag for raids. I would definitely be against that.

As per your thoughts - have you actually run EVERY quest on the way to cap the first time? I think the idea behind not resetting the completions is to encourage you to run more varied content. Between the wide array of quests, explorer areas, and raids, you should still be able to do at least 2 ETRs without grinding a ton of "dailies".

I'm in the same boat, coming up on cap and planing to do at least an ETR this life. But there's also so much content I've never even seen the inside of, so that's my side-project: run EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by systemshaker1941 View Post
    Are you also suggesting re-setting raid flags? One of the biggest draws of ETR is not needing to re-flag for raids. I would definitely be against that.

As per your thoughts - have you actually run EVERY quest on the way to cap the first time? I think the idea behind not resetting the completions is to encourage you to run more varied content. Between the wide array of quests, explorer areas, and raids, you should still be able to do at least 2 ETRs without grinding a ton of "dailies".

I'm in the same boat, coming up on cap and planing to do at least an ETR this life. But there's also so much content I've never even seen the inside of, so that's my side-project: run EVERYTHING.
    No, I didn’t say anything about raids. In any event, when I leveled up from 1 I did a huge majority of quests in the game on elite or R1. I wanted to maximize favor, so in heroics I skipped most quests that had an epic level, with the exception of Ravenloft and Gianthold. In epics I ran most of the ones I missed and I ended up only a few hundred favor away from 5,000. The main issue I have is that most of the quests I haven’t run while doing my Epic TR are legendary, or close to it and I would prefer to have my uber legendary gear to run those. The fact is that it’s faster to run dailies, then running those on hard, or repeating other quests on hard (ex. Gianthold).
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,

I'm not a fan of 'resetting' on Epic Reincarnation. But the idea that the First Time bonus is broken out to Heroic First Time and then an Epic First Time per life is something that I think would be a nice feature.

Doing this would remove the need to decide do I run this for max Heroic XP, or do I skip this and run it later for max Epic XP.

Default Simply not needed

I just recently did a project. Just to see how many times I can comfortably go from 20-30 in a single life. My end conclusion was that I could comfortably go 20-30 Five times, without having to farm any dailies at all. There is a ton of experience available in epic levels, and there is only more to come with the talk of the borderlands adventure coming out at the end of the year. Further more, each of those times, I was able to go 20-30 in 1-2 days. Just learn how to efficiently level through multiple epic reincarnations.

Granted I was very methodical with how I went about doing it, not running any epic content in heroic levels, and only running the epic content that I needed to get the job done. Anyone can do this, not just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Doing this would remove the need to decide do I run this for max Heroic XP, or do I skip this and run it later for max Epic XP.
    I am totally biased when it comes to stuff like this. I see every attempt to make the game **Easier**, as the devs trying to appeal to the whiners who don't actually care about the game. I still remember a long time ago... Them removing the need to turn in 20 of each rune in gianthold to be flagged for the raid... Slowly... They halved the cost, removed the cost, then removed crucible as a requirement.
    Last edited by banjo174; 04-16-2019 at 12:58 AM.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call

Thumbs down Not Signed

Any TR is tedious enough for me, without having quest flags reset to boot.

ETR at least doesn't do that. Keep it that way, please.

I'd not sign this idea 100x if I could.

Suggestion for the suggestion: Retitle the Opening Post to:

"Epic Reincarnation First Time Experience Bonus Reset."

In this meaning +1, alias "yes please".

If this was to happen, I just "might" Epic Reincarnate an ALT character here and there, mostly for the "respec" aspect than anything.

Grinding dailies and slayers should be optional, can remain best for filling out off-destinies.

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    Suggestion for the suggestion: Retitle the Opening Post to:

"Epic Reincarnation First Time Experience Bonus Reset."

In this meaning +1, alias "yes please".

If this was to happen, I just "might" Epic Reincarnate an ALT character here and there, mostly for the "respec" aspect than anything.

Grinding dailies and slayers should be optional, can remain best for filling out off-destinies.
    I agree. That would be better. Even better than that would be that you could get first time run bonuses during the same life if you run a quest on both the heroic and epic versions, so you wouldn't have to decide whether you want to run a quest on heroic or epic. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the first time run bonus was tied to quest completion & favor, and it would be a lot of work to make this change. Though that's just a guess on my part. As such, this is why I suggested what I did, as a way to be easier to implement. However based on some people already saying they wouldn't like this idea, my idea probably shouldn't be implemented.

The fact remains that once you've run a quest the first time, due to the more limited number of epic level quests, compared to heroics, you run out of quests to run for first time bonuses when you do an epic TR. This results in it taking longer to level up, and also makes it more attractive to run the same best XP/min quests and explorers over and over. It would be nice if the developers looked at this, to see how the game play experience in epics during an epic TR could be improved. Resetting the first time run bonuses upon epic TR (but not including raids), and nothing else, would probably get us there.

Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    I just recently did a project. Just to see how many times I can comfortably go from 20-30 in a single life. My end conclusion was that I could comfortably go 20-30 Five times, without having to farm any dailies at all. There is a ton of experience available in epic levels, and there is only more to come with the talk of the borderlands adventure coming out at the end of the year. Further more, each of those times, I was able to go 20-30 in 1-2 days. Just learn how to efficiently level through multiple epic reincarnations.

Granted I was very methodical with how I went about doing it, not running any epic content in heroic levels, and only running the epic content that I needed to get the job done. Anyone can do this, not just me.
    I am curious, what XP bonuses did you have running? (ex. VIP, XP pots, etc).

I am totally biased when it comes to stuff like this. I see every attempt to make the game **Easier**, as the devs trying to appeal to the whiners who don't actually care about the game. I still remember a long time ago... Them removing the need to turn in 20 of each rune in gianthold to be flagged for the raid... Slowly... They halved the cost, removed the cost, then removed crucible as a requirement.
    My suggestion is not to make the game "easier". If anything, I want it to be more challenging. If first time run bonuses were reset, then the incentive would be to run quests on elite or reaper, not farming the same quests every day on normal or hard (though that should still be a viable option). As an example, if quest completions or first time run bonuses were reset on an epic TR, I would have run the Forgotten Realms sagas on elite or reaper, but instead I ended up zerging through on hard and I was able to get a much better XP/min.

Community Member

Could you post a guide or at least some notes on this? It's the sort of information that would be infinitely helpful!