Thread: DDO Bonus Days!

Community Manager

Default DDO Bonus Days!

DDO Bonus Days bring you the Festival of the Traveler, now through April 17th!

Coupon Code: Get a Token of the Traveler x3 with the Coupon Code TRAVELERTOKENS, now through April 18th! 1/Account
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

how about a free blessing as well? *nudge*

Default What a joke!

What a joke of an event! I used the 3 free runs that Cordovan gave us. Granted it took me a minute to learn where all the eggs were. My First 2 runs ended in Greater Auras, my Third run ending in a Major aura... The rewards I got were these.

Seriously...? You expect people to do this event? This is **** loot that you could get by just running dungeons that give you experience.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call

Were the drops ever updated or does it still only give trash loot?

EDIT: Nevermind, just ran it, 3 ultimate auras, 3 pieces of junk loot. Seems the only way to get something decent is to buy blessings. At 200 DDO pts a piece, I'll pass... I don't even think it's in the store right now.
    Last edited by Ovrad; 04-11-2019 at 01:33 PM.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DDO Bonus Days bring you the Festival of the Traveler, now through April 17th!

Coupon Code: Get a Token of the Traveler x3 with the Coupon Code TRAVELERTOKENS, now through April 18th! 1/Account
    I have never run this event, am I correct in reading the Wiki that to have a chance at anything better than random loot you need to spend 200 DDO points on a blessing of the traveler? If that is correct I think I will probably pass on the event.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    I have never run this event, am I correct in reading the Wiki that to have a chance at anything better than random loot you need to spend 200 DDO points on a blessing of the traveler? If that is correct I think I will probably pass on the event.
    One free blessing per account seems like it would be a bit more reasonable. As it stands I'm hesitating on whether to even use the three free tokens, it seems like almost anything I could do in game would be a better use of my time.

Community Member

Pass. Why devs waste time to put up this event - i just don't understand.

Community Member

In the past we used to be given one free Blessing. I don't recall any of the loot being exceptionally valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho-sa View Post
    In the past we used to be given one free Blessing. I don't recall any of the loot being exceptionally valuable.
    It's not.

I don't know if it was changed at any point, but back in 2012 it was (for the ultimate aura+blessing):

Common reward (90% of the time):
    -2 Potions of Supreme Ability (BtC, +2 all stats)
    Rare rewards:
    -2 Medium XP Elixir (BtA, +10% 6 hours duration)
    -1 Greater Siberys Spirit Cakes (BtA, True Resurrection)
    Very rare:
    -5 Greater Siberys Spirit Cakes (BtA, True Resurrection)

...which if you compare, they are worth:
    -~78 DP
    -190 DP
    -195 DP
    -795 DP

Which means, you are very likely losing money by getting a blessing instead of buying the item straight from the store.

This event is more than due for an update. It makes no sense that your big win for completing the event is less than just buying stuff from the store. I'd suggest always giving the "blessing" rewards, without the need to buy them, but it's probably unlikely to happen.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Default Silver Cloud

I still have Characters with blessings from the very first time this came out, now seems to be the time to use them.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Blessings should be in the dice roll tables. Just sayin.