Default Racial Variants I'd like to see

Just a short list:

Kalashtar (Human)
    Gold Dwarf (rename current dwarves to Shield Dwarf)
    Warforged Scout
    Underdark Drow
    Stout Halfling (rename current version to Lightfoot)
    Aquatic Elf

I don't really have suggestions for Dragonborn or Half-Orc or Half-elf.

If SSG ever got permission to dabble in Krynn, we could get varients like Dragonborn: Draconians, and Halfling: Kender.

Not saying I think it's likely - or even desirable - but Draconians were the only DB variant I could come up with, and Kender just kinda fit in as well.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    If SSG ever got permission to dabble in Krynn, we could get varients like Dragonborn: Draconians, and Halfling: Kender.

Not saying I think it's likely - or even desirable - but Draconians were the only DB variant I could come up with, and Kender just kinda fit in as well.
    i like krynn.... but it seems such a low magic realm that i couldn't see it being used alongside ebberon. i mean there are not a lot of magic items that i remember and with the exception of raistilion not a lot of powerful magic users.

even the bbeg the red dragon highlord mostly used wands not casting spells
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Let me play as Malicia please devs
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    i like krynn.... but it seems such a low magic realm that i couldn't see it being used alongside ebberon.
    Yeah, I like Krynn as well. I got the Dragonlance trilogy box set at a 5th grade book sale - and I was hooked. Bought Time of the Twins when it was first published, and it was an agonizing wait for War to come out because of that cliffhanger. Bought the 2e Dragonlance source book, and pretty much forced my group to play there because I was the DM.

But I very much agree about the settings not meshing well, which is why I said it wasn't likely or desirable.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Underdark Drow
    NO

The rest of your suggestions are all between "alright" and "good", but Underdark Drow? No. For one, they shouldn't be able to see in daylight. Two, they're pretty much always chaotic evil and we don't get evil alignments as players in DDO. Three, they're a FR race and I'm opposed to that setting for a variety of reasons, and you should be, too. Four, Eilistraee and her followers are nudists, and that won't fly in a family-friendly game like DDO. Five, and most importantly, we wouldn't be able to properly roleplay them like 19th century eastern European immigrants to the USA.

I don't really have suggestions for Dragonborn or Half-Orc or Half-elf.
    For Horcs, maybe a "Tribal Half-Orc", a Horc's Horc. Extra tough, extra strong (dare I suggest +4?), but w/ some non-melee penalties to (dare I say) "balance" it all.

Just a pre-coffee thought.

half Drow
    Moon elf (Wis bonus)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
    NO

The rest of your suggestions are all between "alright" and "good", but Underdark Drow? No. For one, they shouldn't be able to see in daylight. Two, they're pretty much always chaotic evil and we don't get evil alignments as players in DDO. Three, they're a FR race and I'm opposed to that setting for a variety of reasons, and you should be, too. Four, Eilistraee and her followers are nudists, and that won't fly in a family-friendly game like DDO. Five, and most importantly, we wouldn't be able to properly roleplay them like 19th century eastern European immigrants to the USA.
    Normally Neutral Evil, but there are variations.. FR is Iconics.. and whats more iconic then drizzt… (...groan...)

Just a short list:
    Kalashtar (Human)
    Not a human variant..
    The kalashtar are a compound race: a merging of risen quori from the plane of Dal Quor, the Region of Dreams and the human bodies and spirits of Adar to form a distinct species.

human variants...
    Werewolf
    Vampire
    Zombie
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Let me play as Malicia please devs
    Normally i would hav said no but sinds dragonborn (would have been killed by agents of argonessen) assimar& thiefling (would have been kept out by several factions, especially by the city watch after all the invasions they were involved in) and not the least all the wherewolves in the orchard (that would have sparked a silverflame inquisition, eberron has 12! Moons).

Lore is out the door by now anyway.

It's weird to see that ssg isn't selling templates by now, since they are trying to emmulate EA.
    Imagine half celestials, half fiend, half dragons and lycantropes running around, balance would be screwed up even worse XD
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Community Member

I don't really have suggestions for Dragonborn
    I do! Metallic Dragonborn -- Brass, Bronze, Copper, Gold, Silver. Also maybe a poison variant which could open up a new neon yellow/green palette during character creation?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
    Three, they're a FR race and I'm opposed to that setting for a variety of reasons, and you should be, too.
    Why should someone be opposed to that setting beside just personal preference?
    Last edited by Sorcerio; 04-26-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Community Member

Duergar Dwarves + Battlerager Iconic Barbarian

I'm kinda against just FR-izing the existing races as racial variants. Though I would like to see a non-iconic FR race so those deities are available for more builds.