Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Ehehe, but then you lose two kensai extra action boosts... and become closer to this build

I don't believe in heroic proc damage die. Sneak die, poison, bleeds, AA imbues, law die, etc. I just toss them all out. I think it has to do with proc damage being balanced for usage by average players in average content, and wanting to deal above-average damage in above-average content so needing to combo to produce higher damage amounts. Legendary procs like Scion of Ethereal work in legendary because they were designed to, but heroic proc die are designed to work in heroics, and if they do something in epics, its a bonus, but I've never found it that relevant.

Even in heroics, I'd rather have raw non-proc damage, even on what is traditionally a high proc class/build like this rogue staff build or on a bow.

When you look at how damage is actually dealt on builds, the heroic proc damage builds always fall apart compared to non-proc builds. Like the calculations for that staffy build here, or how that non-proc bow (shuriken) build is vastly better at AoE clearing groups here or here.

Heroic proc damage IMO is a way to prevent newer players from being totally useless, but I don't even bother calculating it or considering it under most cases. I always go for raw crit to the face. I know I'm at least partially wrong, but it makes build design easier.
    Law (which scales with ranged power IIRC) and sneak attack dmg scale differently in reaper. As a matter of fact in high skulls it will likely be your main source of damage. Check it out. Maybe that will change your mind. I think you are giving away a lot of damage neglecting SA especially on a mechanic rogue. And with the Inquisitor build especially.

Community Member

Updated gear based on sharn preview 2.

As to reaper scaling, not needing to abuse bugs. I'll just lower the difficulty. I don't need high reaper I have tons of RXp already so diminishing returns. They are going to look at reaper scaling shortly anyways. There was room so I put deception on 2nd slavers ring, but really just to confirm critical hits.

Sneak/procs kick in when you don't break DR, and DR reduces your base damage to 0 due to already being reduced by reaper. I'm not expecting too many problems with DR though, except on zombies.

What I do need though is to break 5 digit crits on red names on auto attacks in LD.

-------------

Edit: also updated AP by adding picture for LD layout.
    Edit: also updated items by adding nightshield clickies and lawful bypass clicky to LGS Enders, and dispel scrolls to ooze weapon, for reaper gameplay.
    Edit: also updated twist to grim precision/gird against demons removing sense weakness, which allows swapping beast mantle out for more ranged power in sentience.

==========================
    To test:
    I'm not sure if double filigree stack with single filigree of same type (ranged power). Will find out. If not, will use some Sharn ranged power rares.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 04-23-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Interesting thread. Thanks to all for the info.

Have the devs commented at all about GXB working with NHB?
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    Have the devs commented at all about GXB working with NHB?
    Steelstar did and I linked it in OP, and he said rates of fire were internally balanced and WAI. Its also in the in-game description of NHB.

Edit: Updated build to put Ooze debuff into sentience with new Sharn filigree, dropping LGS Ooze out of weapon swap rotation.

Edit2: Updated build to put LGS deathblock in non-goggles spot, moving something non-essential into goggles. This means we can start with Legendary Precision Goggles for 3 extra action boosts and manslayer, then swap them out and use Enders execute when we used up the boosts.

Edit3: Now that I've played in a bunch of R10s and know what Sharn gear looks like, I'm going to dump inquisitor. This was really fast moving and good to zerg level with, but lacks burst healing, CC, instant kills, attack speed, and defenses for R10. It just attacks 33% slower than TWF under fusillade, and even slower without. It's on vorpal trip is weaker than on vorpal helpless knockdown of balanced attacks for twf. It debuffs poorer than twf since TWF gets free vulnerability from aasimar fallen and free dust from offhand. It lacks CC since pin and whistler are inferior to dire charge. I tried to make up for some of this with using Volley instead and rotating weapons, but that's annoying and non-thematic.

Edit4: Updated gear to test on Lammania, and tried to test this on Lammania, but the +20 heart to change build didn't work and let me change first level of build I was on, then I couldn't do another heart because I was already flagged for reincarnation on the +20 that didn't work, then I deleted character to copy over again, but that failed because apparently you can only copy one time to Lammania. Ahh well, didn't like gameplay anyways.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 05-06-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Community Member

Default Critzilla

I think your not giving it enough credit. Ive now ran this 3 times since I found it from lvl 1 to 30. I never swapped gear as you did. When I was in raids there was at least 1 or 2 debuffing boss so I never had to worry about debuffing. As a straight lazy pewpew this build is awesome. Im still building one of my toons to end with this. The revamps/nerfs to the EDs I dont think will hurt it but actually make it better. The one thing that makes this difficult is the APs. The reason im now racial tring....I curse you for that. Here I was thinking no more hampster wheel and then I find your build. So yes I will ask you to pm me a copy of the original build. There are still a few things that would have me referring back to your build. I look forward to your next builds. Once I get my main where I want him Ill need another project.

Community Member

I'll put it up as a leveling build since it runs fast but say it isn't for endgame due to lacking prr and vulnerability debuffing and helpless debuffing and fort bypass for sharn.

Community Member

Updated OP for EPLs to come soon. Been looking at EPL builds, I think I like it exactly as it is now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12