Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    Y

Overall, I think your build would most certainly work. That damage is so ludicrously high that you can afford to sacrifice some of it and still end up with a rather solid build.
    considering that I am running a dwarf, 9 barbarian, 4 Arti now with only APs spend in Harper and Inquisitor and still pumping out the dps I am not even sure how much classes matter other than for BAB breakpoints, free feats, trapping, evasion or other QOL benefits. I did heroic sunrise and burned down the abbott on R1 in about 3 seconds with a ratcatcher and this suboptimal build.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    You can start with improved precise shot right away if you go with either Shadea-kai or Aasimar Scourge.
    true, I already have 3x of each PL though so would only have Scoundrel as an iconic option

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    considering that I am running a dwarf, 9 barbarian, 4 Arti now with only APs spend in Harper and Inquisitor and still pumping out the dps I am not even sure how much classes matter other than for BAB breakpoints, free feats, trapping, evasion or other QOL benefits. I did heroic sunrise and burned down the abbott on R1 in about 3 seconds with a ratcatcher and this suboptimal build.
    Sniper's Shot was huge.
    So was the extra SA die, along with Sniper's making sure I was basically always dealing SA damage.

I just finished an Arti 2/Wizard 18 life, an I can safely say things died in two attacks using the Wizard, and only one with the Ranger/Rogue/Arti build (which, admittedly, meant the SA damage happened less often, because dead things take no more SA damage, even while bluffed)

Community Member

Default looking for assistance

I am about to finish my racial completionist (2nd) on my ranged toon. I have heroic completionist, 3x all heroic non-caster lives, about 25 epic lives, and 9 iconic and +8 tomes and by end of week Racial completionist, extra enhancement tomes (universal, RL, etc.). I have 45 reaper points.

This toon used to be elf 14 Pali/6 monk monkcher, AA longbow build, so have all raid gear (up to newest raid) in dex/range based stuff.

Looking to stay ranged dps, thinking about inquisitor heavy xbow but looking for ideas. I have heard rumors of bard xbow build with 325+ range power...though don't know anything about it and i know shuricannon still viable...would just need to buy shuriken from Strahd (have runes).

I run mostly r10 end-game stuff, so need build for that.

I ran my other racial completionist as pure 20 WF arti for a long time (sadly all my good raid rune arms, PL x3 caster (DC), druid, etc. on him) before changing to elf 20 Sorc CC/insta kills.
    Not too worried about leveling progression as will box to 18, level 400K xp, Epic Box to 28.5 and work to key for raids and run r10 for first time completions.

any suggestions/build ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Seal
    Jadez - Completionist/epic completionist - 3 more racial lives // Jadex - heroic/epic/racial completionist - 30 Elf Sorc Installkill/cc //Sealfu Completionist/epic completionist PDK Monk // Sealls completionist/epic completionist 18 bard/2 Rogue PDK Swashbuckler
    Member of Synergia

Quote Originally Posted by Sealsniper View Post
    I am about to finish my racial completionist (2nd) on my ranged toon. I have heroic completionist, 3x all heroic non-caster lives, about 25 epic lives, and 9 iconic and +8 tomes and by end of week Racial completionist, extra enhancement tomes (universal, RL, etc.). I have 45 reaper points.

This toon used to be elf 14 Pali/6 monk monkcher, AA longbow build, so have all raid gear (up to newest raid) in dex/range based stuff.

Looking to stay ranged dps, thinking about inquisitor heavy xbow but looking for ideas. I have heard rumors of bard xbow build with 325+ range power...though don't know anything about it and i know shuricannon still viable...would just need to buy shuriken from Strahd (have runes).

I run mostly r10 end-game stuff, so need build for that.

I ran my other racial completionist as pure 20 WF arti for a long time (sadly all my good raid rune arms, PL x3 caster (DC), druid, etc. on him) before changing to elf 20 Sorc CC/insta kills.
    Not too worried about leveling progression as will box to 18, level 400K xp, Epic Box to 28.5 and work to key for raids and run r10 for first time completions.

any suggestions/build ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Seal
    I currently run 18 rogue/2 artificer swapping between great xbow and duel xbows. The range dps is quite strong. It tops off at just above 300 RP with NHB running.

For the strongest range damage your looking for extra sources of doubleshot, ranged power, and add-on damage. I think the top 3 contenders are 18 rouge/2 arti (for SA), 18 fighter/2 arti (bonus feets for more ranged power and extra action boosts for more sustained), and 20 wizard (or 18) for EK imues.

The advantage of the rogue split is you can invest 31 ap into mechanic and have very strong great xbow damage which is good because volley is the only source of legendary salt available. Both the wizard and fighter options have more ap to play with. I haven't sat down and done dps calculations for highest dps, other then knowing that duel xbows does ~5-10% more dos the great xbows.

Ranger can get killer and has some other stuff so it might be worth taking a look there as well, tho i suspect a rogue with killer would do more dmg.

Community Member

Default Does runearm and dual xbow work together?

I've only run 18-20 briefly on arti/rog mix, it seemed to me that when i charged and used runearm, i was only getting single heavy xbow use? Is this as intended or does dual xbow work with runearm charging?

please confirm

Thanks,
    Jadez - Completionist/epic completionist - 3 more racial lives // Jadex - heroic/epic/racial completionist - 30 Elf Sorc Installkill/cc //Sealfu Completionist/epic completionist PDK Monk // Sealls completionist/epic completionist 18 bard/2 Rogue PDK Swashbuckler
    Member of Synergia

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sealsniper View Post
    I've only run 18-20 briefly on arti/rog mix, it seemed to me that when i charged and used runearm, i was only getting single heavy xbow use? Is this as intended or does dual xbow work with runearm charging?

please confirm

Thanks,
    It works fine.

Looks stupid though. (Holds the left crossbow sideways).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    It works fine.

Looks stupid though. (Holds the left crossbow sideways).
    Yeah I'd love it if they made arti inqui with RA wield a double xbow instead of double xbows....like one single-hand xbow with two limbs and strings stacked vertically. Just take the current model and clone the limbs on top. That preserves the two-shot mechanic in a very arti-appropriate way while still allowing for plausible runearm animations. I just don't see how you could do dual wield with a runearm and not look wonky.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123