Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 56 of 56
  1. #41
    Community Member Swimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    Y

    Overall, I think your build would most certainly work. That damage is so ludicrously high that you can afford to sacrifice some of it and still end up with a rather solid build.
    considering that I am running a dwarf, 9 barbarian, 4 Arti now with only APs spend in Harper and Inquisitor and still pumping out the dps I am not even sure how much classes matter other than for BAB breakpoints, free feats, trapping, evasion or other QOL benefits. I did heroic sunrise and burned down the abbott on R1 in about 3 seconds with a ratcatcher and this suboptimal build.

  2. #42
    Community Member Swimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    You can start with improved precise shot right away if you go with either Shadea-kai or Aasimar Scourge.
    true, I already have 3x of each PL though so would only have Scoundrel as an iconic option

  3. #43
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    considering that I am running a dwarf, 9 barbarian, 4 Arti now with only APs spend in Harper and Inquisitor and still pumping out the dps I am not even sure how much classes matter other than for BAB breakpoints, free feats, trapping, evasion or other QOL benefits. I did heroic sunrise and burned down the abbott on R1 in about 3 seconds with a ratcatcher and this suboptimal build.
    Sniper's Shot was huge.
    So was the extra SA die, along with Sniper's making sure I was basically always dealing SA damage.

    I just finished an Arti 2/Wizard 18 life, an I can safely say things died in two attacks using the Wizard, and only one with the Ranger/Rogue/Arti build (which, admittedly, meant the SA damage happened less often, because dead things take no more SA damage, even while bluffed)

  4. #44
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    734

    Default looking for assistance

    I am about to finish my racial completionist (2nd) on my ranged toon. I have heroic completionist, 3x all heroic non-caster lives, about 25 epic lives, and 9 iconic and +8 tomes and by end of week Racial completionist, extra enhancement tomes (universal, RL, etc.). I have 45 reaper points.

    This toon used to be elf 14 Pali/6 monk monkcher, AA longbow build, so have all raid gear (up to newest raid) in dex/range based stuff.

    Looking to stay ranged dps, thinking about inquisitor heavy xbow but looking for ideas. I have heard rumors of bard xbow build with 325+ range power...though don't know anything about it and i know shuricannon still viable...would just need to buy shuriken from Strahd (have runes).

    I run mostly r10 end-game stuff, so need build for that.

    I ran my other racial completionist as pure 20 WF arti for a long time (sadly all my good raid rune arms, PL x3 caster (DC), druid, etc. on him) before changing to elf 20 Sorc CC/insta kills.
    Not too worried about leveling progression as will box to 18, level 400K xp, Epic Box to 28.5 and work to key for raids and run r10 for first time completions.

    any suggestions/build ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Seal
    Jadez - Completionist/epic completionist - 3 more racial lives // Jadex - heroic/epic/racial completionist - 30 Elf Sorc Installkill/cc //Sealfu Completionist/epic completionist PDK Monk // Sealls completionist/epic completionist 18 bard/2 Rogue PDK Swashbuckler
    Member of Synergia

  5. #45
    Community Member Pilgrim1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealsniper View Post
    I am about to finish my racial completionist (2nd) on my ranged toon. I have heroic completionist, 3x all heroic non-caster lives, about 25 epic lives, and 9 iconic and +8 tomes and by end of week Racial completionist, extra enhancement tomes (universal, RL, etc.). I have 45 reaper points.

    This toon used to be elf 14 Pali/6 monk monkcher, AA longbow build, so have all raid gear (up to newest raid) in dex/range based stuff.

    Looking to stay ranged dps, thinking about inquisitor heavy xbow but looking for ideas. I have heard rumors of bard xbow build with 325+ range power...though don't know anything about it and i know shuricannon still viable...would just need to buy shuriken from Strahd (have runes).

    I run mostly r10 end-game stuff, so need build for that.

    I ran my other racial completionist as pure 20 WF arti for a long time (sadly all my good raid rune arms, PL x3 caster (DC), druid, etc. on him) before changing to elf 20 Sorc CC/insta kills.
    Not too worried about leveling progression as will box to 18, level 400K xp, Epic Box to 28.5 and work to key for raids and run r10 for first time completions.

    any suggestions/build ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Seal
    I currently run 18 rogue/2 artificer swapping between great xbow and duel xbows. The range dps is quite strong. It tops off at just above 300 RP with NHB running.

    For the strongest range damage your looking for extra sources of doubleshot, ranged power, and add-on damage. I think the top 3 contenders are 18 rouge/2 arti (for SA), 18 fighter/2 arti (bonus feets for more ranged power and extra action boosts for more sustained), and 20 wizard (or 18) for EK imues.

    The advantage of the rogue split is you can invest 31 ap into mechanic and have very strong great xbow damage which is good because volley is the only source of legendary salt available. Both the wizard and fighter options have more ap to play with. I haven't sat down and done dps calculations for highest dps, other then knowing that duel xbows does ~5-10% more dos the great xbows.

    Ranger can get killer and has some other stuff so it might be worth taking a look there as well, tho i suspect a rogue with killer would do more dmg.

  6. #46
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    734

    Default Does runearm and dual xbow work together?

    I've only run 18-20 briefly on arti/rog mix, it seemed to me that when i charged and used runearm, i was only getting single heavy xbow use? Is this as intended or does dual xbow work with runearm charging?

    please confirm

    Thanks,
    Jadez - Completionist/epic completionist - 3 more racial lives // Jadex - heroic/epic/racial completionist - 30 Elf Sorc Installkill/cc //Sealfu Completionist/epic completionist PDK Monk // Sealls completionist/epic completionist 18 bard/2 Rogue PDK Swashbuckler
    Member of Synergia

  7. #47
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealsniper View Post
    I've only run 18-20 briefly on arti/rog mix, it seemed to me that when i charged and used runearm, i was only getting single heavy xbow use? Is this as intended or does dual xbow work with runearm charging?

    please confirm

    Thanks,
    It works fine.

    Looks stupid though. (Holds the left crossbow sideways).

  8. #48
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    It works fine.

    Looks stupid though. (Holds the left crossbow sideways).
    Yeah I'd love it if they made arti inqui with RA wield a double xbow instead of double xbows....like one single-hand xbow with two limbs and strings stacked vertically. Just take the current model and clone the limbs on top. That preserves the two-shot mechanic in a very arti-appropriate way while still allowing for plausible runearm animations. I just don't see how you could do dual wield with a runearm and not look wonky.

  9. #49
    Community Member xBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    97

    Default Favored weapon dmg

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrael View Post
    Favored Soul: great synergy, with the ability to use favored soul spells, diplomacy as a class skill, AND use CHA for attack and damage with the inquisitive ability that make crossbow a favored weapon, but you do not get extra damage from feats related to favored weapons, to verify but you don't seem to be getting extra damage either from the enhancment tree related to favored weapons
    Just wonder if this was fixed in the following patches. Damage from fav weapon and enchantments in case of xbow and some investment into the warpriest can be significant adding another +5/8 to dmg and hit.
    Last edited by xBunny; 03-29-2020 at 01:40 PM.

  10. #50
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    Having done this, I'll chime in.
    First thing: you won't get IPS until level 15. It's a huge power bump, but the build is already pretty powerful as-is.

    At level 15, your levels should look like Rogue 7/Arti 2/Ranger 6. It's a pretty good level to have Sniper's Shot enabled after getting T5s in Inqui too.

    As for ordering, it depends on whether you prioritize Evasion, Rogue 6, or Ranger 6. I strongly recommend starting with Arti 1, and using Repeaters until level 8 or so. Either way, all the feats you'll be taking will do just fine on a repeater.

    I *love* runearms, so I took Arti 2 right away. Then Rogue 2.
    This is where the real split happens. You can take Rogue 6 right away, to get more sneak attack die on your crossbow by freeing points from Harper and putting them in Mechanic, or go Ranger 6 right away and get the powerhouse that is Sniper's Shot enabled as soon as possible. I went Ranger, but either way's fine, really.

    The build is POWERFUL. Really powerful. Amazingly so.
    So, I know I'm asking a year later, but:

    I really want to try this build. How do you arrange stats and feats? Need Int as main stat, but need 19 Dex for IPS. What are your starting stats, assuming 36 points?

    Many thanks.

  11. #51
    Community Member Swimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordenfeldt View Post
    So, I know I'm asking a year later, but:

    I really want to try this build. How do you arrange stats and feats? Need Int as main stat, but need 19 Dex for IPS. What are your starting stats, assuming 36 points?

    Many thanks.
    The build in my signature is along the same concept except it gets IPS at 12, it was based in part from discussions in this thread.
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

  12. #52
    Community Member majorhavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordenfeldt View Post
    So, I know I'm asking a year later, but:

    I really want to try this build. How do you arrange stats and feats? Need Int as main stat, but need 19 Dex for IPS. What are your starting stats, assuming 36 points?

    Many thanks.
    I have played this for the last 10 racial lives and I can solo R3s all day long.

    New Build
    12/6/2 Rogue/Ranger/Artificer
    Chaotic Neutral Halfling




    Level Order


    1. Rogue. . . . . .6. Ranger. . . . .11. Rogue . . . . .16. Rogue
    2. Ranger. . . . . 7. Rogue . . . . .12. Ranger . . . . 17. Rogue
    3. Artificer . . . 8. Ranger . . . . 13. Rogue. . . . . 18. Rogue
    4. Ranger. . . . . 9. Rogue . . . . .14. Rogue . . . . .19. Rogue
    5. Artificer . . .10. Ranger . . . . 15. Rogue. . . . . 20. Rogue





    Stats
    . . . . . . . .36pt . . Tome . . Level Up
    . . . . . . . .---- . . ----. . .--------
    Strength. . . . .6. . . .+8. . . .4: INT
    Dexterity . . . 14. . . .+8. . . .8: INT
    Constitution. . 18. . . .+8. . . 12: INT
    Intelligence. . 18. . . .+8. . . 16: INT
    Wisdom. . . . . .8. . . .+8. . . 20: INT
    Charisma. . . . .8. . . .+8. . . 24: INT
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .28: INT



    Skills
    . . . . .Rg Rn Ar Rn Ar Rn Rg Rn Rg Rn Rg Rn Rg Rg Rg Rg Rg Rg Rg Rg
    . . . . . 1. 2 .3. 4 .5. 6 .7 .8. 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    Heal. . . . .5. . .2. . .2. . .2. . .2. . .2. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Disable . 4. . .2. . .2. . .2 . . 2. . .2 . . 2. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Open Lo . 4. . . . . .4. . .2 . . 2. . .2 . . 2. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Search. . 4. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1 .1. 1. 1 .1 .1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Spot. . . 4. . . . 3 . . 2 . . 2 .1 .1. 1. 1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .23
    Listen. . 4. . . . 1 . . 4 . . 2 . . 2 . . 2 . . 2. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Bluff . . 4. . . . . . . . .3 . . 5. . .2 . . 2. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Diplo . . 4. . . . . . . . . . . .2 . . 5. . .4 .2 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .23
    Jump. . . 4. . . . 3 . . 2 . . 2 . . 2 . . 2 . . 2. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Hide. . . 4. . . . . . . . . . 1 . . 1 . . 2 . . 1. 3. 3. 3. 3. 1. 1. 23
    Move Si . 4. . . . . . . . . . 1 . . 2 . . 2 . . 1. 2. 3. 3. 3. 1. 1. 23
    UMD . . . 4. . . . . . . . .6 . . 2. . .2 . . 2. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Concent . . .5. . .2. 1 .1. . .2. . .2. . .2. . . . . . . . . . . . . 15
    Balance . 4. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .4 .5 .13
    Spellcr . . . . 6 . . 2 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .8
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    . . . . .48 11. 9 12 10 12 14 13 15 13 15 14 16 16 16 17 17 17 17 18





    Feats


    .1. . . . : Least Dragonmark: Healing
    .3. . . . : Completionist
    .6. . . . : Point Blank Shot
    .9. . . . : Weapon Focus: Ranged
    12. . . . : Improved Critical: Ranged
    15. . . . : Improved Precise Shot
    18. . . . : Power Critical
    21 Epic . : Combat Archery
    24 Epic . : Overwhelming Critical
    26 Destiny: Holy Strike
    27 Epic . : Blinding Speed
    28 Destiny: Doubleshot
    29 Destiny: Harbinger of Chaos
    30 Epic . : Improved Sneak Attack
    30 Legend : Scion of: Ethereal Plane


    18 Rogue. : Improved Evasion


    .2 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Lawful Outsider
    10 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Undead




    Spells


    Ranger
    1. Jump (8), Entangle (12)


    Artificer
    1. . Conjure Bolts* (3),. .Enchant Weapons* (3), . Enchant Armor* (5)




    Enhancements (80+14 AP)


    Inquisitive (41 AP)
    • Inquisitive, Hit the Streets, Mind Like Iron, True Seeing, Undaunted, Master Inquisitive
      1. Dual Shooter, Eye for Accuracy III, Law on your Side
      2. Crossbow Adept, Wand and Scroll Mastery III, Improved Law
      3. Crossbow Adept, Shoot First, Intelligence
      4. Crossbow Adept, Martial Inquisition, Greater Law, Intelligence
      5. No Holds Barred, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Vigilante, Diplomatic Immunity


    Deepwood Stalker (23 AP)
    • Far Shot, Sneak Attack, Sniper Shot
      1. Favored Defense III, Stealthy III
      2. Survivalist, Melee/Range Power Boost II
      3. Survivalist, Thrill of the Hunt III, Favored Hunter II
      4. Killer III


    Halfling (18 AP)
    • Halfling Luck, Dexterity, Halfling Luck II, Dexterity II, Halfling Luck III
      1. Jorasco Dragonmark Focus III, Cunning I
      2. Lesser Dragonmark of Healing, Halfling Guile
      3. Greater Dragonmark of Healing, Halfling Guile
      4. Halfling Guile


    Harper Agent (12 AP)
    • Agent of Good I, Intelligence
      1. Traveler's Toughness II, Strategic Combat
      2. Know the Angles III
      3. Strategic Combat




    Destiny (24 AP)


    Legendary Dreadnought
    1. Extra Action Boost III, Constitution
    2. Damage Boost II, Constitution
    3. Critical Damage III, Constitution
    4. Constitution
    5. Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical
    6. Master's Blitz, Pulverizer


    Twists of Fate (31 fate points)
    1. Echoes of Martial (Tier 4 Fatesinger)
    2. Meld into Darkness (Tier 3 Shadowdancer)
    3. Stay Frosty (Tier 1 Shiradi)
    4. Purge the Wicked (Tier 1 Crusader)
    5. Intelligence (Tier 1 Draconic)
    It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt.... Mark Twain.

  13. #53
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majorhavoc View Post
    2 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Lawful Outsider
    I think you mean Evil Outsider?

    Both cover Reapers, but EO would also cover CE Outsiders (of which there are many, eg Demons), which is a lot more useful than covering LN or LG outsiders (which...are there even any?)

  14. #54
    Community Member Fedora1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I think you mean Evil Outsider?

    Both cover Reapers, but EO would also cover CE Outsiders (of which there are many, eg Demons), which is a lot more useful than covering LN or LG outsiders (which...are there even any?)
    There are in The Archons' Trial. Not sure if there are other quests with LN/LG outsiders though.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

    Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

  15. #55
    Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    412

    Default

    I'm trying out a Deep Gnome Inquisitive and I was wondering if it was worth the 17 racial action points to get the top tier Gnomish Weapon Training for the +1 Competence Bonus to Critical Threat Range... But I doubt that stacks with the stuff from Inquisitive tree right? So I would be wasting action points?

    Gnomish Weapon Training Tier IV
    +2 to hit and damage with light hammers, light maces, light picks, shortswords, shortbows, light crossbows, and light repeating crossbows.
    +1 Competence Bonus to Critical Threat Range with the same weapons.

    True Seeing
    True Seeing: You permanently gain the effects of the True Seeing spell. You gain +1 Competence Bonus to Critical Threat Range and Multiplier with Light and Heavy (non-repeating) Crossbows. In addition, you gain +2 Damage dice with Law on your Side.

  16. #56
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShifterThePirate View Post
    I'm trying out a Deep Gnome Inquisitive and I was wondering if it was worth the 17 racial action points to get the top tier Gnomish Weapon Training for the +1 Competence Bonus to Critical Threat Range... But I doubt that stacks with the stuff from Inquisitive tree right? So I would be wasting action points?

    Gnomish Weapon Training Tier IV
    +2 to hit and damage with light hammers, light maces, light picks, shortswords, shortbows, light crossbows, and light repeating crossbows.
    +1 Competence Bonus to Critical Threat Range with the same weapons.

    True Seeing
    True Seeing: You permanently gain the effects of the True Seeing spell. You gain +1 Competence Bonus to Critical Threat Range and Multiplier with Light and Heavy (non-repeating) Crossbows. In addition, you gain +2 Damage dice with Law on your Side.
    They are both Competence bonus so they dont stack. There are some other really nice adds from that tree though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload