Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North of Boston
    Posts
    408

    Default

    I may have missed it but I don't think the male halfling reload animation bug has been mentioned. This bug apparently reduces the dps noticably.
    The blinking Drooam "backpack" is NOT a party buff. But its fun to say it is.

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vms4ever View Post
    I may have missed it but I don't think the male halfling reload animation bug has been mentioned. This bug apparently reduces the dps noticably.
    Indeed, probably best to avoid at the moment!
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

  3. #23
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Are the only options for epic leveling Diplomancer and E-Star crossbows for sentience? I am very unfamilair with crossbows in general. I know I need to get a Ratcatcher.

  4. #24
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Are the only options for epic leveling Diplomancer and E-Star crossbows for sentience? I am very unfamilair with crossbows in general. I know I need to get a Ratcatcher.
    I'm not sure, but diplomancer and Thunderforged are really easy to acquire, so I'll probably make do!
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Are the only options for epic leveling Diplomancer and E-Star crossbows for sentience? I am very unfamilair with crossbows in general. I know I need to get a Ratcatcher.
    Do S/S/S Epics take sentience? Epic Storm from Sands is probably the BIS crossbow for early Epic leveling right now, if you can be bothered to grind it out....

  6. #26
    Hero LOOON375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Argo
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    Im planning on going 12/8 arti/rogue simply for the improved constrtuct essence for self healing in epic reaper.
    I find it hard to beat an artie's self healing in reaper
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo (Barbarian); LOOON (Rogue); Hobaggin (Druid); Pocohontus (Warlock); Buttscracher (Arty); Whoaa (Monk thrower); Fuglytincan (Tempest); Easilylaid (inquisitive); Eatuhdiq (Sorc)

  7. #27
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Do S/S/S Epics take sentience? Epic Storm from Sands is probably the BIS crossbow for early Epic leveling right now, if you can be bothered to grind it out....
    Yes Epic Storm is an option for sentience as far as I know, but I can't take the s/s/s grind. I appreciate the suggestion, but I won't go out of my way to grind it.
    Last edited by GramercyRiff; 04-09-2019 at 03:24 PM.

  8. #28
    Community Member Xyfiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,165

    Default

    A build I am working on but not sure I will play it. Partially because I am working on other things. Maybe someone else likes it.

    Warforged
    11 Racial aps gets 15 ranged power. Ability to use ranged sets with heavy armor. Immunities.

    16 Artificer
    Deadly Weapons, Recon, Traps, Int to damage, +3 boosts.

    3 Paladin
    Defender Stance for 25 prr, 25 mrr, 20% hps. Saves.

    1 Fighter
    Feat, +3 boosts.

    Alternative: 3Ftr/1Barb if you value run speed and another feat over saves.

    AP
    41 Inq
    6(7) Harper
    11 BE
    2 RM(amp)
    7 Kensai
    13 Defender
    11+ WF

    Of course the height of WF over say Gnome is a big issue for IPS.

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I've been trying this out to do an Epic life on my 20 Cleric.

    Currently running, at level 23:

    Human
    Luck Domain
    Aureon
    Two past Epic Lives (Power over Life/Death, Colors of the Queen)
    No Heroic, Racial or Iconic past lives as of yet

    • Falconry: Enough to get Wisdom to hit/damage
    • Inquisitive: Up to T4 Core and Divine Inquisition/Greater Law/Shoot Later
    • Warpriest: T5, getting Haste and Wrathful Weapons


    I've been bouncing back and forth between a bunch of lootgen light/heavy crossbows, but none are really sticking out as more effective than others. Feeding's really nice on stuff that can eat negative levels, but Vorpal seems worse than on repeaters (possibly because I've only used a Vorpal Repeater in lowbie heroics) and I've had no luck with finding anything that adds flat damage.

    I'm 99.9% sure there's a better way to do this, Enhancement-wise, but I literally came back to the game to be able to dual-wield crossbows on a Divine caster, so I'm reasonably content.

  10. #30
    Community Member Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,148

    Default Other crossbow options

    Epic Storm from DQ was mentioned as early epic option. What about Alchemical? With a group, I wonder what is faster to farm for:

    S/S/S for epic storm
    or
    The required ingredients for a lvl 20 crafted Alchemical Heavy/Light Crossbow

    Assuming grouping at least with 6 players and working together, I would think Alchemical would be worth going for. But this is only in comparing it to Epic Storm in DQ.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

  11. #31
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    21

    Default Arti levels/ Rune Arm use and the Dual Shooter enhancement

    So I see a lot of people talking about taking Arti and using Rune Arms. I would think that the Tier 1 Dual Shooter enhancement would not work with Rune Arm equipped.
    Maybe I am missing something but is Dual Shooter not worth taking?



    Also, I need PLs for Cleric and FvS and am trying to sort out a build for it any one has some suggestions. Would be a 32 pt build with +7 Supreme Tome equipped for stats. I have Falconry/Harper etc.
    I was thinking maybe Cleric/ Rog or FvS/Rog but not too sure. Id even 3 classes just ahve to main the Cleric and FvS to get the PLs. If they were viable trap monkey builds also that would be nice but I think id be too short on pts for that. Appreciate the help.

  12. #32
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knctrnl View Post
    So I see a lot of people talking about taking Arti and using Rune Arms. I would think that the Tier 1 Dual Shooter enhancement would not work with Rune Arm equipped.
    Maybe I am missing something but is Dual Shooter not worth taking?
    Cocomajobo confirmed that Dual Shooter works with runearm on 26th February:

    "Yes. It looks a little wonky, admittedly, but it functions."
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

  13. #33
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donblas View Post
    Cocomajobo confirmed that Dual Shooter works with runearm on 26th February:

    "Yes. It looks a little wonky, admittedly, but it functions."
    That is very interesting. I will take the additional dps though. Well that I guess means I need to sort out a triple class. Clr or FvS with Rog and Arti.

  14. #34
    Community Member Swimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FuryFlash View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm not sure how you're listing Ranger as merely average synergy (worse than how you rated Bard, Cleric and Druid). It has one of three crossbow-type class trees in the game. My preferred split that I've come up with so far uses 6 ranger levels:

    12 Rogue/6 Ranger/2 Artificer

    41 Inquisitive (Capstone, Tier 5's)
    23 Mechanic (Int to dmg, +3 SA die, +15 SA Range, Fletching)
    11 Deepwood Stalker (3 SA die, +15 SA Range, Sniper Shot)
    6 (7 with tome) Harper (Int to hit, Know the Angles)
    I like this idea, what levelling order do you use? I like to try and get IPS asap but it gets difficult to get enough BAB with all the arti and rog levels.

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    I like this idea, what levelling order do you use? I like to try and get IPS asap but it gets difficult to get enough BAB with all the arti and rog levels.
    Having done this, I'll chime in.
    First thing: you won't get IPS until level 15. It's a huge power bump, but the build is already pretty powerful as-is.

    At level 15, your levels should look like Rogue 7/Arti 2/Ranger 6. It's a pretty good level to have Sniper's Shot enabled after getting T5s in Inqui too.

    As for ordering, it depends on whether you prioritize Evasion, Rogue 6, or Ranger 6. I strongly recommend starting with Arti 1, and using Repeaters until level 8 or so. Either way, all the feats you'll be taking will do just fine on a repeater.

    I *love* runearms, so I took Arti 2 right away. Then Rogue 2.
    This is where the real split happens. You can take Rogue 6 right away, to get more sneak attack die on your crossbow by freeing points from Harper and putting them in Mechanic, or go Ranger 6 right away and get the powerhouse that is Sniper's Shot enabled as soon as possible. I went Ranger, but either way's fine, really.

    The build is POWERFUL. Really powerful. Amazingly so.

  16. #36
    Community Member Swimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    Having done this, I'll chime in.
    First thing: you won't get IPS until level 15. It's a huge power bump, but the build is already pretty powerful as-is.

    At level 15, your levels should look like Rogue 7/Arti 2/Ranger 6. It's a pretty good level to have Sniper's Shot enabled after getting T5s in Inqui too.

    As for ordering, it depends on whether you prioritize Evasion, Rogue 6, or Ranger 6. I strongly recommend starting with Arti 1, and using Repeaters until level 8 or so. Either way, all the feats you'll be taking will do just fine on a repeater.

    I *love* runearms, so I took Arti 2 right away. Then Rogue 2.
    This is where the real split happens. You can take Rogue 6 right away, to get more sneak attack die on your crossbow by freeing points from Harper and putting them in Mechanic, or go Ranger 6 right away and get the powerhouse that is Sniper's Shot enabled as soon as possible. I went Ranger, but either way's fine, really.

    The build is POWERFUL. Really powerful. Amazingly so.
    Perfect, thank you. I was hoping it was not the case of having to wait until 15 for IPS but I suppose there is no other way short of going heavy fighter or Ranger early on. I am with you on the rune arms too, I have a thing with not being able to leave barrels unbroken and its such a pain with a ranged character. Have an explosive rune arm shot is such a QOL improvement
    Last edited by Swimms; 05-08-2019 at 07:01 AM.

  17. #37
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    Perfect, thank you. I was hoping it was not the case of having to wait until 15 for IPS but I suppose there is no other way short of going heavy fighter or Ranger early on. I am with you on the rune arms too, I have a thing with not being able to leave barrels unbroken and its such a pain with a ranged character. Have an explosive rune arm shot is such a QOL improvement
    You'd have to earn a feat right as you get 11 BaB. Going by the Arti 2/Rogue 2/Ranger 6/Rogue 10 approach, you get it by level 14. The only way to get it any earlier than that would be heading deeper into Ranger.
    To take it as a 12th level feat, you have to take at most 4 levels of either Rogue or Arti (and no levels of the other class), and 8 levels of a full BaB class. So either starting off with Rogue 4 (a much harder low level start), not getting runearms until level 14 by going Ranger 8, and losing out on a Rogue special ability.
    Alternatively, taking Ranger levels first would give you some use out of Arcane Archery, which is awful in epics, but quite remarkable in heroics.

    Getting IPS 3 levels earlier is NOT worth having to wait that long for runearms, at the very least. Nor is it worth trading the rather easy first Arti levels for the much harsher first Rogue or Ranger ones. You'd also have to pick a feat you want later but could get at a lower level because you'll need Rapid Reload before 13th level when Arti would grant it for free.

    I don't see myself attempting that.
    Last edited by Xgya; 05-08-2019 at 05:18 PM.

  18. #38
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    I like this idea, what levelling order do you use? I like to try and get IPS asap but it gets difficult to get enough BAB with all the arti and rog levels.
    You can start with improved precise shot right away if you go with either Shadea-kai or Aasimar Scourge.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

  19. #39
    Community Member Swimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    You'd have to earn a feat right as you get 11 BaB. Going by the Arti 2/Rogue 2/Ranger 6/Rogue 10 approach, you get it by level 14. The only way to get it any earlier than that would be heading deeper into Ranger.
    To take it as a 12th level feat, you have to take at most 4 levels of either Rogue or Arti (and no levels of the other class), and 8 levels of a full BaB class. So either starting off with Rogue 4 (a much harder low level start), not getting runearms until level 14 by going Ranger 8, and losing out on a Rogue special ability.
    Alternatively, taking Ranger levels first would give you some use out of Arcane Archery, which is awful in epics, but quite remarkable in heroics.

    Getting IPS 3 levels earlier is NOT worth having to wait that long for runearms, at the very least. Nor is it worth trading the rather easy first Arti levels for the much harsher first Rogue or Ranger ones. You'd also have to pick a feat you want later but could get at a lower level because you'll need Rapid Reload before 13th level when Arti would grant it for free.

    I don't see myself attempting that.
    Thank you, I really appreciate you fleshing this out with me. I just hit 12 on my current build which was originally going to be a pure barb running T5 Ravager with Inquis and so I had the BAB to pick up IPS at 12 (ended up going 8 barb/4 arti) and the killing speed and clear with IPS is just insane, I think I need to get IPS at 12 going forward :P. What about putting off Rogue and going something like 2 arti 8 ranger 2 arti to get to 11 BAB for my level 12 feat? Or even 4 arti/8 ranger. I think I could live without evasion until late heroics if I means I get IPS 3 levels sooner, I value it that much. The Arti levels would give me runearm and trapping from the get go. Besides evasion what are the other crucial things I am missing by delaying rogue that long, cheap int to damage, more SA and PBS range?
    Last edited by Swimms; 05-09-2019 at 05:49 AM.

  20. #40
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    Thank you, I really appreciate you fleshing this out with me. I just hit 12 on my current build which was originally going to be a pure barb running T5 Ravager with Inquis and so I had the BAB to pick up IPS at 12 (ended up going 8 barb/4 arti) and the killing speed and clear with IPS is just insane, I think I need to get IPS at 12 going forward :P. What about putting off Rogue and going something like 2 arti 8 ranger 2 arti to get to 11 BAB for my level 12 feat? Or even 4 arti/8 ranger. I think I could live without evasion until late heroics if I means I get IPS 3 levels sooner, I value it that much. The Arti levels would give me runearm and trapping from the get go. Besides evasion what are the other crucial things I am missing by delaying rogue that long, cheap int to damage, more SA and PBS range?
    You've got the gist of it.
    You lose out on a rogue special ability on the end build (so, 10% fort bypass, unless you want Improved Evasion), as well as two sneak attack die, but it'll work.
    You'll also lose some more sneak attack damage in heroics, where it's most relevant, since you're losing out any time you put points in Mechanic before level 18 (where you'll hit Rogue 6)

    Overall, I think your build would most certainly work. That damage is so ludicrously high that you can afford to sacrifice some of it and still end up with a rather solid build.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload