Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Question What is the advantage of "pre-ordering" the basic Sharn expansion before 30th April?

Am I missing something?

Do you get to play it first before anyone else who did not "pre-order" it or something?

Thanks.

the advantage is that they get the money before they deliver the product

Access to the Tiefling race so you can start working on those past lives right now instead of a month from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanee View Post
    Am I missing something?

Do you get to play it first before anyone else who did not "pre-order" it or something?

Thanks.
    You get the content that is ready, which is the bundle extras, not the quest content.

Community Member

Inqui+Tief alone would make for a pretty hefty update, so that's definitely enough to keep you busy over the next month before you can do the Sharn quests themselves. Not a miniscule amount of new content by any means.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    Access to the Tiefling race so you can start working on those past lives right now instead of a month from now.
    I think that hits the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryhn View Post
    the advantage is that they get the money before they deliver the product
    Yup. So are all expansion going to be pay-to-play now? VIP etc subscriptions don't mean squat anymore? [walks away mumbling to herself]

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cybersquirt View Post
    Yup. So are all expansion going to be pay-to-play now? VIP etc subscriptions don't mean squat anymore? [walks away mumbling to herself]
    What do you mean now? It's been that way since the first expansion back in 2012.

Default Hahaha

I called it when I said they were going to sell racial tomes when the blood tome scam failed, and I'm calling this one out now. They will sell the +1/2 tomes
    as soon as the cash grab runs out of funds again. If you want to pay 130 bucks in advance for a tree-restricted AP point, and some junk cosmetics, go for it.

Expansions have always been Buy to Play. You might be thinking of the smaller Adventure Packs that are included with a Sub.
    Aias Iceforge. Barbarian Ice Dwarf - Khyber

Yes, you should expect a yearly pay to play expansion, as that is how they plan to deliver the majority of new content.

Anything good nerfed (think Amber here) to make way for the next power/money grab. Early access to the latest FOTM overpowered build, etc.

Exploit early, exploit often.

If you are enjoying the game, spend the money.
    It's much easier to demonize those providing feedback (whining, childish, bringing the forums down, etc) or minimize their voice (small number, vocal, etc) than to accept the fact that the agro/stealth system just missed the mark.
    A good company learns to listen to their customers.

Community Member

Mostly this really, so you can get back on your preferred race/class/build when Sharn actually hits, but I guess it's not a real deal if you're not on the completionist train.

Took the 130, Inquisitive and the Uni AP all available for use now too, so I guess if you're going to pay the same amount anyway (for UFB and CE) getting those early is always nice.
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.
    Thelanis - Striving to be your Swiss Army Knife for DPS, traps and tanking
    Eushully/Centered LS Tempest | Nantekottai/Arti tank | Ponoka - Inquis

Quote Originally Posted by DRoark View Post
    I called it when I said they were going to sell racial tomes when the blood tome scam failed, and I'm calling this one out now. They will sell the +1/2 tomes
    as soon as the cash grab runs out of funds again. If you want to pay 130 bucks in advance for a tree-restricted AP point, and some junk cosmetics, go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    What do you mean now? It's been that way since the first expansion back in 2012.
    They capitulated on Mists. For some reason they think players that have been paying them $99 a year, for 13+ years should entitle those players to something - what with having spent 100 bucks a year and all.

Quote Originally Posted by nokowi View Post
    Yes, you should expect a yearly pay to play expansion, as that is how they plan to deliver the majority of new content.

Anything good nerfed (think Amber here) to make way for the next power/money grab. Early access to the latest FOTM overpowered build, etc.

Exploit early, exploit often.

If you are enjoying the game, spend the money.
    I get it but, dammmm...... I've spent the money! see my creation date! I've paid since then mofu!
    Last edited by Cybersquirt; 03-29-2019 at 01:48 AM.

Community Member

I get it but, dammmm...... I've spent the money! see my creation date! I've paid since then mofu!
    If you only buy the expansions (barring getting VIP, something I don't recommend for anyone wishing to seriously play), you're spending about 5 dollars a month (an expansion every 2 years sounds reasonable) by getting the biggest, baddest package available. A third of that if you only buy the expansion. Even less if you wait for it to be available with DDO points and buy those during double (or, *egads*, the legendary TRIPLE) point promotions.

Given the amount of hours of gameplay Ravenloft gave me, I'll most certainly get Sharn. If nothing else, the quality of Ravenloft made me hopeful for the next SSG content.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DRoark View Post
    Collectors editions are mostly about permanent gold seal hirelings. If you value those then the collector's editions are worth it and if you don't they are not.

Uhm, like everyone is automatically mass TRing.

Community Member

Default right

true, i want to start sharn with my sorcerer at 30 , it's seem to me that tiefling is a fine race for that. As i need 3 weeks at least for a life (i know more are quicker) , i buy the cheapest pack to access at tiefling race (no need to pay more for me) and be at 30 for the 30/04.
    valdomir

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    Uhm, like everyone is automatically mass TRing.
    Not everyone I guess, but it is one of the perks for people who will.
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.
    Thelanis - Striving to be your Swiss Army Knife for DPS, traps and tanking
    Eushully/Centered LS Tempest | Nantekottai/Arti tank | Ponoka - Inquis

Community Member

Tiefling appears to be free for VIP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast