Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Community Member Sparty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    24

    Default 3rd Life Pure Sorc

    Greetings Friends,

    Looking for a pure Sorcererererer build...
    I've got a Barb and Monk life under the belt.
    I have a few +2 tomes and limited gear (basically anything I could get off of AH).
    No Crafted gear whatsoever.
    Solo player, lvl 200 guild buffs
    Tomes Used -- +3 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis
    All lvl ups in Cha


    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 4.36.104
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    Carraig 
    Level 30 True Neutral Drow Male
    (20 Sorcerer \ 10 Epic) 
    
    
                      Starting            Ending          
    Abilities        Base Stats         Base Stats        
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)          (Level 30)        
    Strength              8                 11            
    Dexterity            15                 17            
    Constitution         13                 15            
    Intelligence         16                 16            
    Wisdom                8                 10            
    Charisma             19                 26            
    
    
    Level 1
    Feat: Two Weapon Fighting 
    Spell (1): Shocking Grasp, Sonic Blast 
    
    Level 2
    Spell (1): Shield 
    
    Level 3
    Feat: Toughness 
    Spell (1): Jump 
    
    Level 4
    Spell (2): Electric Loop 
    
    Level 5
    Spell (2): Flaming Sphere
     
    Level 6
    Feat: Extend Spell 
    Spell (3): Displacement 
    
    Level 7
    Spell (2): Knock
     
    Level 8
    Spell (4): Dimension Door 
    
    Level 9
    Feat: Spell Focus: Evocation 
    Spell (4): Ice Storm 
    
    Level 10
    Spell (5): Ball Lightning 
    
    Level 11
    Spell (3): Lightning Bolt 
    
    Level 12
    Feat: Greater Spell Focus: Evocation 
    Spell (6): Chain Lightning 
    
    Level 13
    Spell (6): Globe of Invulnerability 
    
    Level 14
    Spell (7): Prismatic Spray 
    
    Level 15
    Feat: Heighten Spell 
    Spell (5): Protection from Elements 
    
    Level 16
    Spell (8): Sunburst 
    
    Level 17
    Spell (8): Polar Ray 
    
    Level 18
    Feat: Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons 
    Spell (9): Meteor Swarm 
    
    Level 19
    Spell (8): Greater Shout 
    
    Level 20
    Spell (9): Power Word: Kill 
    
    Level 21
    Feat: Epic Spell Focus: Evocation 
    
    Level 24
    Epic Feat: Master of Air 
    
    Level 26
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Arcane Sphere: Epic Spell Power: Electricity 
    
    Level 27
    Feat: Epic: Master of Water 
    
    Level 28
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Arcane Sphere: Epic Spell Power: Fire 
    
    Level 29
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Arcane Sphere: Epic Spell Power: Sonic 
    
    Level 30
    Feat: Arcane Sphere: Arcane Pulse 
    Feat: Scion of the Plane of Fire
    Last edited by Sparty; 04-06-2019 at 08:18 AM.

  2. #2
    Community Member Swimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparty View Post
    Greetings Friends,

    Looking for a pure Sorcererererer build...
    I've got a Barb and Monk life under the belt.
    I have a few +2 tomes and limited gear (basically anything I could get off of AH).
    No Crafted gear whatsoever.
    Solo player, lvl 200 guild buffs
    Tomes Used -- +3 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis
    All lvl ups in Cha


    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 4.36.104
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    Carraig 
    Level 30 True Neutral Drow Male
    (20 Sorcerer \ 10 Epic) 
    
    
                      Starting            Ending          
    Abilities        Base Stats         Base Stats        
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)          (Level 30)        
    Strength              8                 11            
    Dexterity            15                 17            
    Constitution         13                 15            
    Intelligence         16                 16            
    Wisdom                8                 10            
    Charisma             19                 26            
    
    
    Level 1
    Feat: Two Weapon Fighting 
    Spell (1): Shocking Grasp, Sonic Blast 
    
    Level 2
    Spell (1): Shield 
    
    Level 3
    Feat: Toughness 
    Spell (1): Jump 
    
    Level 4
    Spell (2): Electric Loop 
    
    Level 5
    Spell (2): Flaming Sphere
     
    Level 6
    Feat: Extend Spell 
    Spell (3): Displacement 
    
    Level 7
    Spell (2): Knock
     
    Level 8
    Spell (4): Dimension Door 
    
    Level 9
    Feat: Spell Focus: Evocation 
    Spell (4): Ice Storm 
    
    Level 10
    Spell (5): Ball Lightning 
    
    Level 11
    Spell (3): Lightning Bolt 
    
    Level 12
    Feat: Greater Spell Focus: Evocation 
    Spell (6): Chain Lightning 
    
    Level 13
    Spell (6): Globe of Invulnerability 
    
    Level 14
    Spell (7): Prismatic Spray 
    
    Level 15
    Feat: Heighten Spell 
    Spell (5): Protection from Elements 
    
    Level 16
    Spell (8): Sunburst 
    
    Level 17
    Spell (8): Polar Ray 
    
    Level 18
    Feat: Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons 
    Spell (9): Meteor Swarm 
    
    Level 19
    Spell (8): Greater Shout 
    
    Level 20
    Spell (9): Power Word: Kill 
    
    Level 21
    Feat: Epic Spell Focus: Evocation 
    
    Level 24
    Epic Feat: Master of Air 
    
    Level 26
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Arcane Sphere: Epic Spell Power: Electricity 
    
    Level 27
    Feat: Epic: Master of Water 
    
    Level 28
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Arcane Sphere: Epic Spell Power: Fire 
    
    Level 29
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Arcane Sphere: Epic Spell Power: Sonic 
    
    Level 30
    Feat: Arcane Sphere: Arcane Pulse 
    Feat: Scion of the Plane of Fire

    What is the plan for taking IC Pierce? I would recommend a build along the lines of Selvera's pure sorc. finishing up my 4th racial life on it and its quite a bit of fun in heroics.

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-Sorcerer

  3. #3
    Community Member Sparty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    What is the plan for taking IC Pierce? I would recommend a build along the lines of Selvera's pure sorc. finishing up my 4th racial life on it and its quite a bit of fun in heroics.

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-Sorcerer
    Thanks for your reply Swimms,
    I took IC Pierce because of the Drow Rapier profiency.
    We shall see what I really do at lvl 18.
    I'm only level 3...
    I took TWF at lvl 1 and Evocation at lvl 3
    Concentrating in Air and Fire Savant. Not sure which I will finish in.
    Curretnly my spell power is 89 in electric and 75 in sonic
    I'm casting Sonic Blast, Shocking Bolt & shocking grasp

    Selvera's build is fine except I dont have all the PL's and crafted gear.

    I'm sort of following 'The Fusion Reactor' build by Sydril
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ry-Drow-Evoker

    -Sparty-

  4. #4
    Community Member Sparty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    24

    Default Sorc Update

    So... I took lvl 30 today.

    Here I am:
    Str - 20
    Dex - 28
    Con - 40
    Int - 18
    Wis - 13
    Cha - 57

    HP - 822
    SP - 4315
    Electric - 673
    Sonic - 610
    Fort 275%

    Love the damage. Doing upwards of 15k on one hit and most of the trash mobs are down in a couple of ticks doing 2-4k per hit.

    Sonic Blast to stun and then lightining bolt, shocking bolt, chain lightining.. repeat
    Electric loop and the SLA Electric Loop to finish them out.
    Staying in Draconic Incarnation.
    Fates are -- Evo specialist, endless faith, fast healing, rejuvination cocoon

    Need to fill out my gear at this point.

    Named gear:
    Outfit of the Celestial Guardian
    War Wizards Bracers
    Legendary Boundless
    Legendary Kindred Spirit
    Legendary Mantle of Fury
    Morningstar Sceptre

    So... how am i doing???

  5. #5
    The Hatchery GeneralDiomedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,356

    Default

    How much do you actually use TWF?

  6. #6
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,611

    Default

    Since he ended up Electrical/Sonic and/or has his Web DC's up, every time he needs to finish off a stunned/webbed target. +50% for helpless goes a long way to making up for "gimp" melee. It saves a few spell points, and it's a nice change from zapping.

  7. #7
    Forum witchdoctor Hobgoblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    hell.
    Posts
    6,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Since he ended up Electrical/Sonic and/or has his Web DC's up, every time he needs to finish off a stunned/webbed target. +50% for helpless goes a long way to making up for "gimp" melee. It saves a few spell points, and it's a nice change from zapping.
    does web actually make mobs helpless?


    or are u just meaning stuns from greater shout? (does that even work?)
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

  8. #8
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    does web actually make mobs helpless?
    Now that you mention it, not sure.

    But I have a build similar to this (and likewise spun off the same "Fusion Reactor" build) - I beat on webbed targets just fine, so all good either way.

  9. #9
    Community Member Sparty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Dont use TWF at all really.
    Orb in my off hand and a Morninglord Sceptre in the other.
    Stun with sonic blast
    Disco Ball - Enchantment focus is +12

    Gear of Note:
    Outfit of the Celestial Guardian
    War Wizard Bracers
    Legendary Mantle of Fury - Con +19
    Legendary Kindred Pendant - Cha +19
    Legendary Boundless

    I'm not very good at gearing and I know there's better stuff that'll improve this toon.
    I'm farming them...

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparty View Post
    Dont use TWF at all really.
    snip
    This seems a very awkward build TBH. You'd be much better off Farming:
    Madness of Crowds:
    -Giants Platter
    -Wild Flame
    Sunrise
    -Burnscar Sash

    Thats for a fire damage theres similar items for Electric

    If you have Keep you can get a nice level 20 Stave for whatever element you want.

    Use that till crystalline Scepter ML 24 or 25

    And going full caster-fire savant. With those 3 items
    When you hit 29 You can offhand the Wildflame and Sentient up your Nightmothers.

    if you spec properly even on a second or third life you can take out an entire pack with a 1-2 Meteor swarm pull. Delayed blast Fireball finisher.

    If your totally attached to EK style play, a Wiz offers a lot more utility by going undead and using Harpers/Vistani

    If your happy great, I am just critiquing.
    Sarlona: Thrundrack, Fizzix, Swyft______(alts x20)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload