2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

Default What Epic Destiny for Artificers?

What Epic Destiny do people use for Artificers? I'd really like to use an Arcane tree for my Artificer, but there don't seem to be any that match well. I could pick Legendary Dreadnaught and sacrifice spellcasting benefits or take a tree like Magister and sacrifice the bonuses to my crossbow damage. Is there any chance on getting a new Epic Destiny specifically for Artificers and Eldtrich Knight-type characters? I have a feeling Steelstar would like something like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wise fwom ur gwave.

I think this depends on what you are after. You have to keep in mind that unlike the base classes the Artificer is a Hybrid class on its own so it would be rather difficult to create a single ED that would not be taking options from all of the existing EDs.

Possible Options

1. More Roguish - Shadowdancer for the evasion and other roguish abilities
    2. More Tankish - Unyielding for the HP and other defensive features and healing abilities
    3. More Buff/Support - Fatesinger, also access to adding lightning and sonic damage
    4. More DPS - Legendary Dreadnaught (nice for melee) or Fury of the Wild (melee/range). Fury also has abilities that can boost the roguish side
    5. Draconic - Elemental damage and evocation DCs
    6. Magistar - DCs and utility (Spell penetration is not as useful to Artificer as it is other caster classes)
    7. Primal - If you are going the two weapon fighting route or boost to pet/summons as well as Aura support
    8. Shiradi Champion - Obvious benefits for a bow user such as Stay Frosty (slow enemy approach) and Nerve venom (really shines with reaper and IPS)
    9. Divine Crusader - DR breaking options, Fire element with a healing option
    10. Exalted Angel - DCs, additional SP, Healing, reduced light damage, an ability to raise yourself if things go south

You may notice that in the above list I did not include Grandmaster of Flowers. My reason is that I truly feel that this is the one tree that without levels in Monk it does not make the option of being a primary tree. However, it does have several nice items that can be twisted. My reason behind that is due to the centered restraints.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    I think this depends on what you are after. You have to keep in mind that unlike the base classes the Artificer is a Hybrid class on its own so it would be rather difficult to create a single ED that would not be taking options from all of the existing EDs.

Possible Options

1. More Roguish - Shadowdancer for the evasion and other roguish abilities
    2. More Tankish - Unyielding for the HP and other defensive features and healing abilities
    3. More Buff/Support - Fatesinger, also access to adding lightning and sonic damage
    4. More DPS - Legendary Dreadnaught (nice for melee) or Fury of the Wild (melee/range). Fury also has abilities that can boost the roguish side
    5. Draconic - Elemental damage and evocation DCs
    6. Magistar - DCs and utility (Spell penetration is not as useful to Artificer as it is other caster classes)
    7. Primal - If you are going the two weapon fighting route or boost to pet/summons as well as Aura support
    8. Shiradi Champion - Obvious benefits for a bow user such as Stay Frosty (slow enemy approach) and Nerve venom (really shines with reaper and IPS)
    9. Divine Crusader - DR breaking options, Fire element with a healing option
    10. Exalted Angel - DCs, additional SP, Healing, reduced light damage, an ability to raise yourself if things go south

You may notice that in the above list I did not include Grandmaster of Flowers. My reason is that I truly feel that this is the one tree that without levels in Monk it does not make the option of being a primary tree. However, it does have several nice items that can be twisted. My reason behind that is due to the centered restraints.
    Thank you for making this list! I know how the destinies are used but just having them listed together like this helped me decide to use Fatesinger for my Artificer. Speaking of Fatesinger, it's sort of a strange destiny that seems perfect for a hybrid class. Perhaps when the Epic Destinies get boosted and balanced Fatesinger could have some Artificer bonuses added to it. Specifically I'm thinking adding INT to the ability multiselector and adding a DC bonus to runearms. Other things can be twisted in such as Technician from Shadowdancer and spell DCs from Magister/Draconic Incarnation.
    Last edited by Hipparan; 04-04-2019 at 12:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wise fwom ur gwave.

The best, and only pure DPS option, for both melee and ranged would be dreadnought. The amount of DPS it does is unbeatable for over all performance, and it comes with a bit of useful utility as well, for both damage mitigation and CC break.

That being said, furies ability to delete single monsters is unbeatable, but over all performance doesn't beat dreadnought.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call