Community Member Astral_Dominae's Avatar

Default Looking for a good solo build 20->30 for a first-life drow wizard

Hello all,

I have a 20 first-life drow wizard (not played for like 10 years..?) that I eventually would like to bring to 30.

Equipment-wise, I have decent stuff from back then (some shroud items, torc etc), but nothing new. Stat-wise/feats/skills, I would use a wooden heart, so I could reconfigure it to whatever seems best (that would be needed anyway as I have 0 spellcraft).

Might you have some links/insight on what would be a good idea? The goal would be a char that can solo well, ideally up to elite. Efficiency/Reaper is not so much of a concern, but quests should be finishable without using pots etc.

Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Astral_Dominae View Post
    Hello all,

I have a 20 first-life drow wizard (not played for like 10 years..?) that I eventually would like to bring to 30.

Equipment-wise, I have decent stuff from back then (some shroud items, torc etc), but nothing new. Stat-wise/feats/skills, I would use a wooden heart, so I could reconfigure it to whatever seems best (that would be needed anyway as I have 0 spellcraft).

Might you have some links/insight on what would be a good idea? The goal would be a char that can solo well, ideally up to elite. Efficiency/Reaper is not so much of a concern, but quests should be finishable without using pots etc.

Many thanks!
    Wizard EK should be OK if you don't want to burn a +20 heart.
    I think Strimtom did a sorta guide on this fairly recently:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...trimtom-Review

Quote Originally Posted by Arctigis View Post
    Wizard EK should be OK if you don't want to burn a +20 heart.
    I think Strimtom did a sorta guide on this fairly recently:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...trimtom-Review
    Thank you for the link! Would healing be an issue (or rather, how do I handle healing)? The author suggests WF, but I cannot change the race from Drow.
    Last edited by Astral_Dominae; 04-04-2019 at 03:38 AM.

Community Member

Leveling a solo first life wizard without modern gear in epic elites might be a bit too ambitious - particularly if you are also starting to level up epic destinies.

EK would probably give you decent DPS, but survivability is a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Leveling a solo first life wizard without modern gear in epic elites might be a bit too ambitious - particularly if you are also starting to level up epic destinies.
    I see, probably - yes. I'm fine with getting to 30 as well on the slower "normal" path - as long as I could get to elites eventually, after some farming.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    EK would probably give you decent DPS, but survivability is a concern.
    Yes, that worries me a bit. Should have done WF back then..but when Drow first came out, I got excited and rolled one :-)