Community Member

Default Looking for a good no tome solo EK build.

Hello, I just hit lvl 20 and I am really excited to TR and I wanted to play an Eldritch Knight now that they are good. However, I don't know anything about wizards, I don't have any caster pastlives (only 2x aasimar 1x dragonborn), nor do I have any tomes. And I was hoping someone here would know of a decent build. I don't care what race or anything although I would prefer either twf or swf (no 2 handed)

Thank you to anyone that helps! (And sorry for this basically being a beggar post).

Quote Originally Posted by charlieman View Post
    Hello, I just hit lvl 20 and I am really excited to TR and I wanted to play an Eldritch Knight now that they are good. However, I don't know anything about wizards, I don't have any caster pastlives (only 2x aasimar 1x dragonborn), nor do I have any tomes. And I was hoping someone here would know of a decent build. I don't care what race or anything although I would prefer either twf or swf (no 2 handed)

Thank you to anyone that helps! (And sorry for this basically being a beggar post).
    I imagine that you don't have any gear either. Yknow how a build gets good right? Work is put forward.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    I imagine that you don't have any gear either. Yknow how a build gets good right? Work is put forward.
    Actually looks like you imagined wrong. I've got plenty of the gear I need. I just don't know anything about EK's so I figured I'd ask because as I imagine you dont believe. People in this world have more knowledge than you can imagine about many different things. And usually people are willing to share that knowledge so others don't have to keep making stupid mistakes. Its how we progress.

I've found that WF is very handy for the self-repair, Knights Training gives a lot of weapon flexibility, and Shield Mastery likewise works out very nicely.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I've found that WF is very handy for the self-repair, Knights Training gives a lot of weapon flexibility, and Shield Mastery likewise works out very nicely.

I was thinking WF might be good for that but wouldn't going ek for vamp and eventually wraith be more beneficial and allow self heals aswell? - although I haven't looked at the ap. Would be costly.

I was thinking WF might be good for that but wouldn't going ek for vamp and eventually wraith be more beneficial and allow self heals aswell? - although I haven't looked at the ap. Would be costly.
    I'll be honest, I didn't really look into an EK/PM mix. I went more EK/Harper.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Do you want to go pure wizard, or would you prefer a 2 rogue splash for traps and evasion? Pure can now be quite powerful, but as far as soloing, being able to do traps and open all those extra doors and chests can sometimes be good.

What difficulty do you play? PM for self healing is certainly great on the standard difficulties, but my understanding is that Reaper will heavily nerf it, so it's less viable.

Finally, do you want a build just to level 20, or an epic build up to 30?
    Last edited by Katalissa; 04-03-2019 at 01:39 AM.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...view?p=6186137

I took just took that one to 20 without any problems, I have a few more pl's than you but I was mostly geared with odds and sods

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katalissa View Post
    Do you want to go pure wizard, or would you prefer a 2 rogue splash for traps and evasion? Pure can now be quite powerful, but as far as soloing, being able to do traps and open all those extra doors and chests can sometimes be good.

What difficulty do you play? PM for self healing is certainly great on the standard difficulties, but my understanding is that Reaper will heavily nerf it, so it's less viable.

Finally, do you want a build just to level 20, or an epic build up to 30?
    Honestly I was looking at the rogue splash because the +30% trap exp sounds nice... I also usually play monk so I forgot traps are usually an issue lol. Honestly I usually just play r1 or 2 2 above. On some occasions I'll do r3 at level (I only have 15 reaper points). As for the epic thing I'm more focused on heroics but it depends on how much I enjoy the build. I'd like to knock out some epls but I dont really like builds that are gimp till epics...