Default Best LGS weapons for TWF melee

Can some of the more experienced players comment on LGS weapons?

I've only made two Tier 3 weapons over the past few years, and both were Affirmation weapons for 1000 temp hp for two of my characters

I have enough mats to make another one - and I'm curious which ones are considered the best for a TWF melee.

From ddowiki:

Salt - Attacks and offensive spells have a [100%] chance to greatly reduce enemy movement speed and attack speed [about -90% slowdown]. This inflicts 8 stacks, which fade overtime. Has a short internal cooldwon [1/4 seconds]. Doesn't affect bosses. [duration 11 seconds]

That one seems amazing. Should really help as an off-hand weapon to limit in-coming damage from trash mobs. Does it really slow them down that much?

Vacuum - Attacks and offensive spells have a [30%?] chance to inflict multiple [2-4] stacks of Vulnerable

I've heard people talk about Vacuum, but my current weapon inflicts stacks of Vulnerable already. Does Vacuum stack with Fetters of Unreality? Or is it the same effect, capped at 20% Vulnerability?

Dust - Attacks and offensive spells have a 50% chance to reduce enemy PRR and Positive Healing Amplification. This penalty stacks. [-7 PRR and -20 hamp per stack, maximum stack 5, hence -35 PRR and -100 hamp at full stack. 11 seconds duration each stack]

This doesn't seem that great, but I guess some bosses and most mobs have zero or low PRR and heal amp, and supposedly this effect can take a mob into the the negative territory where it actually acts like a damage buff? Not sure how that works. Can anyone explain?

Of those three, I'm leaning towards Salt, but can someone make a case for Vacuum or Dust as well?

Or maybe Radiance? As a TWF melee who uses sneak attack, the ability to blind opponents might be useful too (Although I have Exposing Strike, so I can make mobs vulnerable to sneak attack 4 out of every 6 seconds already)
    Last edited by Thrudh; 04-02-2019 at 12:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member

Dust offhand. The rest can be had on better named weapons anyways.

Edit: learn what Dust really does.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    Dust offhand. The rest can be had on better named weapons anyways.

Edit: learn what Dust really does.
    What's the equivalent of Salt on named weapons?

I'd like to know what Dust really does. Is it something we can't discuss here? Serious question.

Thanks!
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member

Fetters on weapons is a LGS Vacuum proc, Constricting Nightmare is a LGS Ooze proc (minus the ooze), and Identity Crisis is a LGS Salt proc.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Fetters_of_Unreality_items

https://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Identity_Crisis_items

https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Suffering,_the_Half_of_Whole

The -prr from Dust stacks insanely quick and on almost every mob makes them take a equal % of extra damage. It's very powerful but beware the extra damage it gives makes it much easier to pull aggro from bad tanks, especially if running on low difficulties.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Salt - Attacks and offensive spells have a [100%] chance to greatly reduce enemy movement speed and attack speed [about -90% slowdown]. This inflicts 8 stacks, which fade overtime. Has a short internal cooldwon [1/4 seconds]. Doesn't affect bosses. [duration 11 seconds]
    Salt is considered very good for ranged, but I don't know if the AS slowdown is the same as the movespeed one. Might be viable, but I'd go with Dust (explained later).

Vacuum - Attacks and offensive spells have a [30%?] chance to inflict multiple [2-4] stacks of Vulnerable

I've heard people talk about Vacuum, but my current weapon inflicts stacks of Vulnerable already. Does Vacuum stack with Fetters of Unreality? Or is it the same effect, capped at 20% Vulnerability?
    They are the same effect, including proc rate, to the best of my knowledge (and the testing below). I wouldn't use both.

Dust - Attacks and offensive spells have a 50% chance to reduce enemy PRR and Positive Healing Amplification. This penalty stacks. [-7 PRR and -20 hamp per stack, maximum stack 5, hence -35 PRR and -100 hamp at full stack. 11 seconds duration each stack]

This doesn't seem that great, but I guess some bosses and most mobs have zero or low PRR and heal amp, and supposedly this effect can take a mob into the the negative territory where it actually acts like a damage buff? Not sure how that works. Can anyone explain?
    Hands down the best option for you, negative PRR is huge. Negative PRR/MRR is directly a percentage buff, so with -35 PRR/MRR that's +35% incoming physical/magical damage (for the enemy). Even ignoring the -healamp part, buffing your whole party's damage by 35% is HUGE. Also I believe it stacks multiplicatively with Vulnerability, so with both fully stacked an enemy will be taking 62% extra damage.

Dust + Vacuum/Fetters is the TWF DPS king. Affirmation still a great swap to use once/minute though

Could also use Suffering or LGS Ooze as a swap item to apply the Melted Armor -10 PRR/MRR stacking debuff. Not as good as the other two, but worth having If you swapped that for your Dust item (which loses stacks every 12s) fully stacked would be 74% damage buff for your party. Yeah.

-----

Does that explain why Dust is so valuable?

Here's a very good thread about it.

Edited post to reflect accurate negative PRR calculations, thanks Shadow Jumper.
    Last edited by SpartanKiller13; 04-02-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

I'd like to know what Dust really does. Is it something we can't discuss here? Serious question.
    It does exactly what the description says it does.
    The Shadow Assassin, and all around Miserable Elitist

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Resistance Rating formula is 100/(100+Rating), so with -35 PRR/MRR that's 100/65 = 1.54x incoming physical/magical damage (for the enemy). Even ignoring the -healamp part, buffing your whole party's damage by 54% is HUGE. Also I believe it stacks multiplicatively with Vulnerability, so with both fully stacked an enemy will be taking 84.6% extra damage.
    Negative PRR is on a different formula/scale than positive PRR. Each point of -PRR is a direct 1% damage increase. So -35 PRR is only 35% instead of 54%
    The Shadow Assassin, and all around Miserable Elitist

Many thanks for the detailed explanations.

Looks like Dust is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Jumper View Post
    Negative PRR is on a different formula/scale than positive PRR. Each point of -PRR is a direct 1% damage increase. So -35 PRR is only 35% instead of 54%
    Edited my earlier post. Confirmation:

Many thanks for the detailed explanations.

Looks like Dust is the way to go.
    I agree
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Edited my earlier post. Confirmation:

So wait, what does it mean that that is on Sev's "changelist"? Does that mean Dust will be changed in the future?

Or does that "changelist" mean it's a log of things that have already been changed.
    Last edited by Thrudh; 04-02-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Community Member

So wait, what does it mean that that is on Sev's "changelist"? Does that mean Dust will be changed in the future?

Or does that "changelist" mean it's a log of things that have already been changed.
    That pic is old.

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-41-patch-3-release-notes

It's been changed already
    -Khysiria of Cannith