Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Epic Gear List for 20-30 Epic Pastlife (Inquisitive Rogue)

With the Inquisitive tree coming Soon™, I am planning to TR into my native class (Rogue) and go for some Epic PLs. The problem is, it has been 2 years (and a Server Swap) since I've ran Epics. This leaves me with no gear. I am currently running through as a Warlock, to make it a bit easier and to be able to farm gear. So, what gear should I be using right from 20? I'd rather not be stuck on the boat I am currently, using Heroic RL gear for the most part. I found, when doing r5+ level 26 quests with Heroic/Level 20 gear, I've not been much help and dying more than I'd like. Going rogue is going to drop the defenses that I am getting from WL, so I want to be prepared for the road ahead.

I'd like to compile a list of gear I would be using. Having a base set at level 20, so I am able to come straight out of the gate every life. I'm not asking to have a new piece of gear, for each slot, every level. Looking for what to get me through stages of Epics. If there is a particular items, lets say at 22, I'll add a note that I swapped to it at 22.

The build is going to be an Inquisitive Int based Mech Rogue. So, think Mech Rogue for purpose of gearing. Heavy/Light Crossbow as weapon.

Level 20-24:

• Goggle - Cannith Crafted Level 20 Seeker 9/Deadly 8/Insightful Seeker 4
    ? Head -
    ? Neck -
    ? Cloak -
    • Armour - Epic Duelist's Leathers (Level 20) - Tier 3 Slotted with Heavy Fortification
    ? Belt -
    • Wrist - Epic Bracers of the Hunter
    ? Hand -
    ? Boot -
    ? Ring 1 -
    ? Ring 2 -
    • Trinket - Epic Treasure Hunter's Spyglass (Level 20) - Tier 3 Slotted with Master's Gift
    • Weapon - Epic Storm Slotted with Crushing Wave

Level Swaps:

-At 23: Whisperchain (Level 23)
    -At 23: Bracers of Twisting Shade (Level 23) until I get Spyglass
    -At 24: Bracers of Twisting Shade (Level 24) until I get Spyglass
    -At 24: Epic Treasure Hunter's Spyglass (Level 24) - Tier 3 Slotted with Master's Gift

Notes:

- Epic Treasure Hunter's Spyglass will have to wait until Crystal Cove comes back around. Will use Symbol of the Slave Lords Slotted with Master's Gift until then.
    - Epic Duelist's Leathers (Level 20) - Tier 3 will have to wait until Crystal Cove comes back around. Will use Epic Utility Vest Slotted with Heavy Fortification until then.
    - Epic Storm will have to Farm the Raid. Will be using crafted/looted Crossbows until then.

Level 25-28:

? Goggle -
    ? Head -
    ? Neck -
    ? Cloak -
    ? Armour -
    ? Belt -
    ? Wrist -
    ? Hand -
    ? Boot -
    ? Ring 1 -
    ? Ring 2 -
    ? Trinket -
    ? Weapon -

Notes:
    -

Level 29-30:

[? Goggle -
    ? Head -
    ? Neck -
    ? Cloak -
    ? Armour -
    ? Belt -
    ? Wrist -
    ? Hand -
    ? Boot -
    ? Ring 1 -
    ? Ring 2 -
    ? Trinket -
    ? Weapon -

Notes:
    -
    Last edited by Rogue_Trapper; 03-28-2019 at 10:40 AM.

may I start by suggesting one level 20 gearset for 20-28 with some weapon upgrades here & there and then changeup with legendary?
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4 soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    may I start by suggesting one level 20 gearset for 20-28 with some weapon upgrades here & there
    I was looking for a 2 level increment at least. Perhaps a 20-24, 25-28, and 29-30 would be the better question. I just seem to get washed around with level 20 gear at 25+. I'm going to revise the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    then changeup with legendary?
    The only problem with this, I won't be legendary for long. But, that is a minor issue. The level 29 gear is still wonderful.
    Last edited by Rogue_Trapper; 03-27-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Community Member

If you have Ravenloft heroic Silent Avenger till 29.

Weapon if you don't already have an Epic Storm roll up a good looking Cormyrian crossbow or you might have to sit on Ratcatcher until we get some decent new crossbows in Sharn (assuming there are any).

I personally hold onto a heroic Slave Lord's Symbol with Master's Gift, bracer is a Con/Resistance/Parry CC that I swap at levels with good bumps in power.

Everything else is really filling holes for your damage mod (in this case int), deadly and accuracy, along with handy things like feather fall and wizardry if you're not using a blue bar class especially, KTA dries up quick.

28 onwards would really depend on your access to raid loot and otherwise build preferences, but currently your best weapon is still a ML/NM heavy cross. Besides the weapon I don't expect any huge deviations from a GXB mechanic either.
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.
    Thelanis - Striving to be your Swiss Army Knife for DPS, traps and tanking
    Eushully/Centered LS Tempest | Nantekottai/Arti tank | Ponoka - Inquis

Quote Originally Posted by askrj1 View Post

Weapon if you don't already have an Epic Storm roll up a good looking Cormyrian crossbow or you might have to sit on Ratcatcher until we get some decent new crossbows in Sharn (assuming there are any).

I personally hold onto a heroic Slave Lord's Symbol with Master's Gift, bracer is a Con/Resistance/Parry CC that I swap at levels with good bumps in power.

Everything else is really filling holes for your damage mod (in this case int), deadly and accuracy, along with handy things like feather fall and wizardry if you're not using a blue bar class especially, KTA dries up quick.

28 onwards would really depend on your access to raid loot and otherwise build preferences, but currently your best weapon is still a ML/NM heavy cross. Besides the weapon I don't expect any huge deviations from a GXB mechanic either.
    This is exactly what I am trying to avoid. Point Blank.

It's hard to find anyone to raid with on my server, so getting Epic Storm might be a bit hard for me. I've excepted the fact I'll have to craft a Crossbow. I do have a couple Keen/Vorpal Crossbows I pulled, I'll probably use these to 29 and hope Sharn brings something.

I personally hold onto a heroic Slave Lord's Symbol with Master's Gift.
    I've never ran Slavelords, would be a great time to learn. That Trinket looks nice, probably beats the hell out of my Pale Green Ioun Stone

Yeah, I'll probably won't have much Raid loot until further down the EPLs. but that isn't to worrying. The gear I get at 25 should be able to hold be to 29 or until I tr again, with a few swaps perhaps.

With all this said, I am looking for specifics in the gear. I'll do a bit of research on the wiki while the game is down.

Rog/trap:

You didn't mention if you cannith craft, but that is what you should be using mostly until you get to lvl 28 plus. I have lvl 10, 15, and 21 gearsets that I use on my rogue. A good lvl 21 gearset will carry you to slavers/ raid gear.

Anyway I cannith craft gear to work around named items that I use. There are some good posts on cannith gearsets in crafting I think. Good day