Default Bard Enlightenment

I am working to define my bard for best DPS (as possible) and my playstyle. I do know going into this that my play style or preferences is not the maximum DPS build but I want to get as close as possible.

Playstyle Requirement: Race = Halfling (I like playing halflings), Class = Bard, Pure, Swashbuckler = sword & buckler
    -- Note: I am spending enhancement points in swashbuckler, warchanter and some in spellsinger (Spellsinger is for the fascinate up to undead mainly)

To hit/damage: Currently I use dexterity as my to hit and charisma as my damage.

My Questions:

1. What are the pros/cons to using strength or dexterity to hit? (one thought for dexterity I have to use a feat for weapon finesse)
    2. My bard currently uses a Ravenloft rapier for his main weapon for 15-20 crit range. Thoughts?
    3. I have seen suggestions for using hand axe or pick but I find that I have to take a martial feat for that. am I wrong?

On my next ER or TR I plan to track where my feats, enhancements and ED enhancements are being spent. But any advance thoughts are welcome.
    Last edited by shores11; 03-27-2019 at 02:23 PM.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

Community Member

In general, what are your goals? Are you looking to HTR/RTR, or go all the way up to 30?

1. Dex is more useful for a swashbuckler: Van Richten's Cane uses it for damage, Reflex/AC are based on it. Str is another attribute you'll have to worry about, but it doesn't require a feat. This discrepancy really only exists at endgame, AFAIK

2. Depends on your level split. If you have fewer than 6 levels in fighter, all swash weapons are gonna be reasonably similar and you can go with the best weapon you have access to. If you're a PDK, you'll want to use Short Swords because you can get Cha to hit with CKT. If you have 6 levels in fighter, go for Handaxes (or Light Picks) because of the stacking +1 to crit mult from Kensai Core #3 and Legendary Dreadnought's Headman's Chop

3. Again, weapon choice is going to depend on your level split and what gear you've got access to. You could take the feat, but I'd recommend a few levels of Fighter (which auto-grants proficiency) as you'll be feat-starved anyway. With 3, you can get Stalwart Defender for heroics

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shores11 View Post

My Questions:

1. What are the pros/cons to using strength or dexterity to hit? (one thought for dexterity I have to use a feat for weapon finesse)
    2. My bard currently uses a Ravenloft rapier for his main weapon for 15-20 crit range. Thoughts?
    3. I have seen suggestions for using hand axe or pick but I find that I have to take a martial feat for that. am I wrong?

On my next ER or TR I plan to track where my feats, enhancements and ED enhancements are being spent. But any advance thoughts are welcome.

1. Strength has the highest possible max value with all the different gear and bonuses in the game. Or at least it used to. Plus Strength adds to your combat tactics DCs if you use them at all. You could also do Dexterity for attack and damage via Weapon Finesse and Different Tack. For this it would raise your reflex save. I'd only go this route if you plan on having Evasion, either through the Swashbukler capstone or from Shadowdancer. Either way, it only applies to epics.

2. Rapier isn't bad, however, Tiefling Assassin's Blade will put you at 14-20 range. Once you get the Improved Critical feat, I'd take either Treason or Razorend over any Rapier. This is all for heroic weapons. In epics light mace/light hammer or hand axe will be your best bet if you are using Legendary Dreadnaught.

3. Master's Touch is a level 1 bard spell, you can use any martial weapon you want. Also, somewhere in the Warchanter cores you get proficiency with all martial weapons.

Generally any weapon with an improved critical profile will be better than anything without. Forgotten Axe and Axe of the Unseen Blow are both nice, so are Treason, Tharkuul's Bane, Skullsmasher, Assassin's Kiss, Nightforge Stiletto. I'm sure there are more too, but those are some of the special ones.

For ED, if you are actually doing bardy stuff like casting spells with DCs or lots of songs/fascinate, Fatesinger is a solid destiny. If you do less bardy stuff and just want DPS, Legendary Dreadnaught is the best, but Shadowdancer isn't bad either.

As for undead, I used to be like you. I played a pure bard and struggled with fighting undead. I looked all over the wiki for the best weapons for killing undead, posted on the forums, etc. So here is what I've learned that should help you out considerably. If you are ONLY putting points in Spellsinger to fascinate undead, skip it and use other tactics.

1. A heroic triple positive greensteel weapon is hands down the best heroic undead killer. It instakills them when you roll a 20.
    2. Take precision as a feat and toggle it on whenever fighting undead/constructs.
    3. Make sure you have armor piercing on your gear and Destruction on your weapons from the swashbuckler tree.
    4. Freezing undead via warchanter is better than singing to them via spellsinger. Spinning Ice is king.

Edit: For weapons in epics, any of the drow weapons of the weaponmaster are nice, so is Balizarde and Epic Assassin's Kiss. At endgame they are pretty much all the same in terms of crit profiles unless you are in Legendary Dreadnaught, then bludgeoning weapons and hand axes are best.
    Last edited by Fivetigers33; 03-27-2019 at 02:45 PM.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    In general, what are your goals? Are you looking to HTR/RTR, or go all the way up to 30?
    Pure Bard

More details. I have several past lives already in fact 4 short of a completionism paladin, cleric, favored soul & monk. I am not sure I will do the completionism but that is another chapter. Currently I have ER'd 2 times and plan to do several more to get the features I want there (20-30 several times). Once I do that I will TR for most likely the last time on this character.

One question I forgot to ask in my OP.
    4. I have been using the Bard ED as my main ED and it is nice but what do you think is the best one for a DPS focused Bard? What are the best twists to take in relation to the chosen ED?
    Last edited by shores11; 03-27-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Pure Bard

More details. I have several past lives already in fact 4 short of a completionism paladin, cleric, favored soul & monk. I am not sure I will do the completionism but that is another chapter. Currently I have ER'd 2 times and plan to do several more to get the features I want there (20-30 several times). Once I do that I will TR for most likely the last time on this character.

One question I forgot to ask in my OP.
    4. I have been using the Bard ED as my main ED and it is nice but what do you think is the best one for a DPS focused Bard? What are the best twists to take in relation to the chosen ED?
    i really like dreadnought as a melee
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Most of what you ask is answered in the Count of Monte Cristo thread, which is about as close to a definite thread on pure CHA Swashbucklers as we got.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-swashbuckler

Also some discussion of DPS options for pure bards in this thread:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-DPS-Pure-Bard

As for your specific questions:
    1. STR pros: more ways of boosting it than other stats (e.g., Skaldic Rage song + Rage spell for an easy +6), melee-centric gear sets tend to come with STR bonuses (not always tho), saves a feat (no Weapon Finesse req'd). DEX pros: halfling racial bonuses, higher AC & Reflex saves. If you're going with a race like halfling I'd say go the DEX route to take advantage of their bonuses; plus it feels more...Swashbuckle-y to me.
    2. All standard Finesseable weapons have a 15-20/x3 critical threat range with Swashbuckling bonuses applied, so it's about picking weapons with specific bonuses. If you own Vistani Knife Fighter then daggers are an obvious choice for all the doublestrike etc. bonuses it provides. If not, look for weapons with special properties and/or better than average crit threat range.
    3. Handaxes and light picks are recommended for Swashbuckler / fighter splits. The +1 crit multiplier bonus from Kensei's Strike with No Thought will stack with the crit range bonus from Swashbuckling. The downside is you need 6 fighter levels to take SwNT but you also gain 4 bonus feats plus access to the Vanguard and Stalwart Defender trees. [You will also see some bard / barbarian builds floating around, as Focused Wrath's +2 crit multiplier will stack; downside is it's a lot more expensive than SwNT.] But as a pure bard build, this won't apply to you.

This page might need updating but: https://ddowiki.com/page/List_of_Swa...d_crit_profile
    Last edited by unbongwah; 03-27-2019 at 08:45 PM.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Best pure bard dps.. My guess would be swashbuckling int to hit with know the angles from harper. Tier5 and capstone in vistani knife fighter tree. swf with guard breaking buckler or cane. In heroics 3 single weapon fighting feats 2 shield mastery shield bashing and imp crit pierce. 42 vistani 8+ harper rest in swashie

My second guess for pure bard best dps is int based inquisitive crossbow shooter. Heroic feats of point blank shot, rapid shot, rapid reload, precision, precise shot, Imp crit ranged, improved precise shot. 21 dex to get combat archery in epics. 41 ap in inquisitive 12 in harper scout rest in warchanter and tiefling for dashing weapon bonuses and sneak attacks or elf/sunelf for accuracy.

My third guess for best pure bard dps is int based vistani knife fighter dual wielding with 42 vistani 12 harper rest in warchanter, Two weapon fighting line with imp crit pierce and some spell casting feats like quicken.
    Last edited by Jetrule; 03-27-2019 at 09:18 PM.
    Percivaul Dusol, BadRandall and Shortpact--The Silver Legion

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jetrule View Post
    Best pure bard dps..
    It's sad that bards have to rely on universal trees so much.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jetrule View Post
    Best pure bard dps.. My guess would be swashbuckling int to hit with know the angles from harper. Tier5 and capstone in vistani knife fighter tree. swf with guard breaking buckler or cane. In heroics 3 single weapon fighting feats 2 shield mastery shield bashing and imp crit pierce. 42 vistani 8+ harper rest in swashie

My second guess for pure bard best dps is int based inquisitive crossbow shooter. Heroic feats of point blank shot, rapid shot, rapid reload, precision, precise shot, Imp crit ranged, improved precise shot. 21 dex to get combat archery in epics. 41 ap in inquisitive 12 in harper scout rest in warchanter and tiefling for dashing weapon bonuses and sneak attacks or elf/sunelf for accuracy.

My third guess for best pure bard dps is int based vistani knife fighter dual wielding with 42 vistani 12 harper rest in warchanter, Two weapon fighting line with imp crit pierce and some spell casting feats like quicken.
    Scourge/Light Mace is almost certainly the best pure Bard dps if you can manage to find a competitive Light Mace.

For an arbitrary race, Vistani Knight Fighter runs afoul of the doublestrike cap. While it's still a strong choice, the compromises inherent in going to cap will normally mean that you've got a less effective overall build for a fairly minor (if that) upgrade in dps.

Going Int-based is also problematic because Strategic Combat doesn't affect shield bashing. Since neither Dexterity nor Int would be your primary stat for any reasonable pure Bard build, you can simply swap gear every 2 minutes to activate Know the Angles. Int also penalizes Scion of the Ethereal, which will normally be your highest dps option of the Legendary feats (if you can Sneak Attack).

Inquisitive (and Crossbows in general) are the highest dps ranged builds right now. However, ranged still takes a backseat to melee except when you're hitting multiple targets via IPS. A fairly conventional pure Swashbuckler with melee weapons would out-perform an Inquisitive build in dps terms.

TWF is also problematic for Bards. Your TWF Vistani would have a worse critical profile (and, in LD, a far worse one) while receiving about half the stat benefit while not attacking appreciably faster in endgame.

In any case, even if these problems didn't crop up, the goal of a Bard build isn't to eek out as much raw dps as possible but to get the best dps while retaining the reason you choose Bard as a class in the first place. That's why Bard builds are invariably Charisma-based even when it might be possible to get slightly more dps from some other stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjarki View Post
    In any case, even if these problems didn't crop up, the goal of a Bard build isn't to eek out as much raw dps as possible but to get the best dps while retaining the reason you choose Bard as a class in the first place. That's why Bard builds are invariably Charisma-based even when it might be possible to get slightly more dps from some other stat.
    I couldn't agree more. I always intended to max and use level ups for Charisma as I like the bonuses you get from that and it is working well for me now for damage. I think that dexterity is also the best rout for to hit for a halfling bard plus all of the other bonuses you get from that.

I definitely want to stay pure bard and be bardy' because I enjoy the class. I do like the swashbuckler melee aspect and want to eck' out the best DPS from that perspective. I already see one aspect I will have to take cuts on is some of my bard songs and or fascinate ability but that is OK. Again when I ER or TR next I will track my level selections for constructive feedback.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hjarki View Post
    Oh so much this!

For leveling purposes bard gets enough dps and tricks to be pretty quick about it yet for endgame they're not very competitive but are definitely above some of the other classes like paladin, cleric, and artificer. But for lower reapers at level cap they're fantastic if well built as they have a good chunk of crowd control, decent dps, and a ton of utility for a party.

OP I wouldn't purposely limit myself to being pure though. I run a 18bard/1fvs/1rog that is actually pretty amazing all said and done. The 1 rogue is just for traps (quest bonuses and raids like Strahd) but can just as easily go 1 barbarian for another 10% run speed (already sitting at 163% without it) or 1 fighter to pick up another feat such as improved shield bashing or whatever. The FvS level gives easy access (4ap) for half cha mod to dmg/tactics and nightshield as a spell to avoid swaps and all that. If you're looking to run a bard life or 3 you really don't need to optimize the build for endgame - but if you plan on staying at 30 for any amount of time then absolutely make sure you take a 'trance' ability and equip a good stunning item (van richten's cane) so that your dire charge and ice attacks land consistently. I see way too many bard builds on my server that have garbage crowd control at 30 when they should be top notch.

Default AN Update - 04/15/19

Since this original post I have ER'd my Bard 4 times and TR'd him once more. The TR was to return him from a Wood Elf back to a Halfling mainly but it did add a Bard past life (he now has 11 past lives).

This process has mostly helped me refine the options I want for this character. I have posted some of those below for your review and feedback as needed. This may not be the final pass but it is what I have for now.

The Halfling Bard "The Ice Bard"
    Halfling bard 20
    Nuetral Good
    36 point build
    In-game name: Fizmite on Khyber

This is a charisma based Halfling Swashbuckler Bard 20 that uses a buckler in the offhand. It has excellent melee dps, very well rounded defenses, and average self-healing. Breakdowns on everything can be found below. I'd appreciate any feedback about the build. Thanks in advance.

Build Features:
    Excellent offense:
    TBA
    Excellent defense:
    TBA
    Average Self healing:
    TBA
    Crowd Control:
    Other than freezing, stunning and fascinate I am not really polanning this Bard for major crowd control.

Ability Score(s): Level 1
    STR: 8
    DEX: 17
    CON: 16
    INT: 8
    WIS: 8
    CHA: 18
    All level points in charisma.
    This build has +8 tomes in all abilitities.

Feats:
    01 Single Weapon Fighting
    03 Precision
    06 Weapon Finesse
    09 Shield Mastery
    12 Improved Single Weapon Fighting
    15 Improved Critical: Piercing
    18 Greater Single Weapon Fighting
    21 Improved Shield Mastery
    24 Overwhelming Critical
    26 Perfect Single Weapon Fighting
    27 Extend Spell
    28 Adamantine
    29 Dire Charge
    30 ?????
    30 Scion of Feywild
    Note: comments TBA.

Skills:
    Maximize: UMD, Perform, Balance
    Partial: Tumble 1, Jump 8, Diplomacy 2, Haggle 2, Bluff 1, Heal 6

Spell List:
    1st: Master's Touch, Feather Fall, Detect Secret Doors, Grease, Remove Fear, Enchant Weapon
    2nd: Cure Moderate Wounds, Blur, Invisibility, Rage, Soundburst
    3rd: Cure Serious Wounds, Displacement, Haste, Good Hope, See Invisibility
    4th: Cure Critical Wounds, Freedm of Movement, Dimension Door, Break Enhancement, Neautralize Poison
    5th: Cure Light Wounds, Mass, Greater Heroism, Shadow Walk, Summon Monster V, Greater DIspel Magic
    6th: Cure Moderate Wounds, Mass, Otto's Irresistable Dance, Heroes Feast, Greater Shout

Enhancements:
    Swashbuckler: 46 total
    Core: 6 total
    Confidence 1 (1 dodge, reflex, and max dex bonus per core)
    Swashbuckling 1 (1 doublestrike, 1 enhancement bonus to weapon, swashbuckling stance)
    Uncanny dodge 1 (gain uncanny dodge feat, 1 doublestrike, 1 attack, 1 damage)
    Panache 1 (1 doublestrike, 1 attack, 1 damage, 1 enhancement bonus to weapon)
    Roll with the punches 1 (5 dodge cap, slippery mind, 1 doublestrike, 1 attack, 1 damage)
    Evasive maneuvers 1 (2 dex, 2 cha, evasion, 1 doublestrike, 1 attack, 1 damage, 1 enhancement bonus to weapon)
    Tier 1: 6 total
    On Yyour Toes 3 (3 dodge)
    Blow by Blow 1 (+3 critical threat range + 3d6 sonic damage, reduces threat by 300)
    Tier 2: 5 total
    Fast Movement 2 (run 1% faster per bard level = +30% movement speed)
    En Pointe 3 (2 attacks w/+2[W] +12 critical threat range, -1 critical multiplier)
    Tier 3: 11 total
    Skirmisher 1 > Swashbuckling Style > Buckler 1 (10% dodge, can be used w/single weapon fighting)
    Resonant Arms 6 (6d6 sonic damage on critical hits)
    Smooth Flourishes 2 > Charisma (charisma to damage)
    Charisma 2
    Tier 4: 13 total
    On the Mark 6 (+3 on attack to confirm criticals)
    Swashbuckling style II - low blow 1 (shield bash knockdown with perform dc)
    Battering Barrage 4 (damage w/weapons inflicts improved destruction)
    Charisma 2
    Tier 5: 5 total
    Thread the Needle 2 (5 damage with precision)
    Exploit weakness 2 (stacking +1 crit range on non-crit hits until crit hit)
    Coup de grace 1 (perform + d20 instakill under certain conditions)

Warchanter: 34 total
    Core: 5 total
    Skaldic constitution 1 (1 con)
    Weapon Training 1 (martial weapon proficiency, +10 max HP, +1 additional damage)
    Ballad Melody: Song of Heroism 1 (+1 to damage, greater heroism)
    Fighting Spirit 1 (+10 HP, +1 damage, uses charisma for temporary HP & x2 in epics)
    Victory Song 1 (+20 HP, attack bonus equal to character level, Bardic aria doubled)
    Tier 1: total 5
    Enchant Weapon 2 (+1 to damage, spell like ability)
    Rough and Ready 3 (+6 AC, +6 PRR)
    Tier 2: total 7
    Words of Encouragement 1 (+10 HP for 1 minute, +5 spellposwer)
    Ballad Melody: Arcane Shield 3 (+6 bonus resist to acid, cold, electric, fire, sonic damage)
    Iced Edges 3 (+1d6 cold damage w/attacks)
    Tier 3: total 8
    Ballad Melody: Ironskin 3 (DR 6/-, +6 bonus music to PRR)
    Frozen Fury 3 (melee attack +3(w) damage, enemies make fortitude save (10 + charisma modifier + 1/2 bard level + stunning modifiers) or become frozen for seconds equal to bard levels)
    Charisma 2 (+1 charisma)
    Tier 4: total 9
    Ballad Melody: Recklessness 3 (+6 music bonus to doublestrike & doubleshot, +9 universal spell power)
    Northwind 6 (on a vorpal hit enemy is frozen briefly)

Halfling: 1 total
    Core: 1 total
    Halfling Luck 1 (+1 to all saving throws)

Inquisitive: 1 total
    Core: 1 total
    Inquisitive 1 (+1 attack w/all wepaons, +1 diplomacy, +1 intimidate, +1 bluff)

Epic destiny:
    TBD
    Alternatively, you could drop 1-3 charisma and pick up any or all of castigation, heavenly presence, and strike down.
    Note: Fatesinger is also a good option that allows you to maintain the CC potential of the build. Fury of the wild and legendary dreadnaught could work as well, but you'd lose 3 DCs in either destiny.
    Last edited by shores11; 04-15-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Community Member

I have posted some of those below for your review and feedback as needed.
    You might eek out a little more boss DPS with T5 swashbuckler, but you will absolutely mow through trash and still have basically the same boss DPS if you go T5 warchanter. You can still get the Swash capstone if you really want it. It only takes 39 AP to get all the goodies from Warchanter T5/cores.

For ED feats, I'd drop Adamantine and take Perfect Two Weapon Fighting if you can. 5% doublestrike is 5% doublestrike. At cap where DR breaking matters most, you can put a Deconstructor in your weapon.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    You might eek out a little more boss DPS with T5 swashbuckler, but you will absolutely mow through trash and still have basically the same boss DPS if you go T5 warchanter. You can still get the Swash capstone if you really want it. It only takes 39 AP to get all the goodies from Warchanter T5/cores.

For ED feats, I'd drop Adamantine and take Perfect Two Weapon Fighting if you can. 5% doublestrike is 5% doublestrike. At cap where DR breaking matters most, you can put a Deconstructor in your weapon.
    Are you saying take both PTWF & PSWF even though I am a single weapon fighter?

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it. I re-pasted my feat selections below and Perfect Single Weapon Fighting was taken at level 26. I do take a lot of Warchanter in this build just not T5 and you're not the first person to suggest this, which means you're in good company. The debate ended as you stated the T5 Swashbuckler with Precision enhancement is a bit better for DPS.

I took or am thinking of taking adamantine for the DR when I freeze monsters, it helps. I am not 100% sold on this as I did take a Bard feat there once, I forget which one. I am torn on the level feat to take at level 30 thought which is why I have ???? there. Any suggestions.

Feats:
    01 Single Weapon Fighting
    03 Precision
    06 Weapon Finesse
    09 Shield Mastery
    12 Improved Single Weapon Fighting
    15 Improved Critical: Piercing
    18 Greater Single Weapon Fighting
    21 Improved Shield Mastery
    24 Overwhelming Critical
    26 Perfect Single Weapon Fighting
    27 Extend Spell
    28 Adamantine
    29 Dire Charge
    30 ?????
    30 Scion of Feywild
    Note: comments TBA.
    Last edited by shores11; 04-15-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Community Member

The DPS difference between T5 Warchanter and T5 Swashbuckler is negligible. What isn't is the AOE freeze that freezes everything under the sun. When you freeze 5 enemies, you are pretty much doing double damage to all of them. You will get through quests faster and you will be able to handle higher difficulties because you have more CC.

Also, warchanter freezing only gives enemies 5 DR. You are probably thinking of Legendary Ice from the Legendary Greensteel weapons that adds 100 DR.

And yes, even if you are single weapon fighting, perfect two weapon fighting will still give you 5% more doublestrike. You can take it and Perfect Single Weapon fighting, they are not mutually exclusive. It's worth noting though, that unless you use a weapon that does something special on a 20, PSWF can end up being a wasted feat. I take it some lives and skip it others based on what weapons I'm using.

For the level 30 feat you could take Weapon Focus: x for some melee power. You could also take Power Attack for +5 damage. I usually have both Precision and Power Attack and switch which is active based on what I'm fighting. You could also take Force Personality if you needed it, or Quicken Spell so your heals won't get interrupted in combat.
    Last edited by Fivetigers33; 04-16-2019 at 10:01 AM.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    Also, warchanter freezing doesn't give the enemy any type of DR. You are thinking of Legendary Ice from the Legendary Greensteel weapons.
    While I agree with most of your post, you've got this part wrong. Warchanter freezes DO give their targets some DR. I never bothered to change weapons to bypass it during my last life because the number is negligible on R1, which is what I was testing my first Bard since the changes on, but it could matter at some point.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    While I agree with most of your post, you've got this part wrong. Warchanter freezes DO give their targets some DR. I never bothered to change weapons to bypass it during my last life because the number is negligible on R1, which is what I was testing my first Bard since the changes on, but it could matter at some point.
    I had to test this because I didn't believe it. You are correct though. However, it appears to only add 5 Adamantine DR regardless of difficulty. I tested both Heroic Normal and Legendary Reaper. I guess I never noticed it since it was such a small number.

I'd still take PTWF over Adamantine DR. If breaking adamantine DR is that big of an issue, get an augment from the Twelve.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?