Hit Points: 202
    Spell Points: 784 
    BAB: 12\12\17\22
    Fortitude: 9
    Reflex: 9
    Will: 20

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 18)
    Strength              8                    13
    Dexterity            10                    15
    Constitution         12                    17
    Intelligence         18                    23
    Wisdom                8                    13
    Charisma             20                    28

Tomes Used
    +5 Tome of Strength used at level 1 \par +5 Tome of Dexterity used at level 1 \par +5 Tome of Constitution used at level 1 \par +5 Tome of Intelligence used at level 1 \par +5 Tome of Wisdom used at level 1 \par +5 Tome of Charisma used at level 1 \par 
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 18)
    Balance               4                     6
    Bluff                 0                     9
    Concentration         2                     5
    Diplomacy             0                     9
    Disable Device        4                    27
    Haggle                4                    13
    Heal                  2                     3
    Hide                  0                     2
    Intimidate            0                     9
    Jump                  4                     5
    Listen                2                     3
    Move Silently         0                     2
    Open Lock             4                     6
    Perform               2                    11
    Repair                0                     6
    Search                6                    29
    Spellcraft            2                    26
    Spot                  6                    21
    Swim                  0                     1
    Tumble                n/a                   n/a
    Use Magic Device      4                    40

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Force of Personality
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Bard
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Cleric
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Druid
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Favored Soul
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Fighter
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Monk
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Ranger
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Wizard
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Wizard

Level 2 (Warlock)

Level 3 (Warlock)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell

Level 4 (Warlock)

Level 5 (Warlock)

Level 6 (Warlock)
    Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell

Level 7 (Warlock)

Level 8 (Warlock)

Level 9 (Warlock)
    Feat: (Selected) Past Life: Arcane Initiate

Level 10 (Warlock)

Level 11 (Warlock)

Level 12 (Warlock)
    Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell

Level 13 (Warlock)

Level 14 (Warlock)

Level 15 (Warlock)
    Feat: (Selected) Heighten Spell

Level 16 (Warlock)

Level 17 (Warlock)

Level 18 (Warlock)
    Feat: (Selected) Enlarge Spell
    Last edited by supot2; 03-20-2019 at 09:12 PM.

Community Member

What enhancement split are you thinking?

Heighten and Enlarge point to a SE DC casting lock. I generally don't take Heighten on my warlocks, as most of the heavy DC requirement spells I throw are either already level 5 or 6 (FoD, Mass Hold, Wail, Flesh to Stone, etc), or they go against a stat check rather than a save (Evards and Web) so they have functional DCs anyway. You could certainly drop heighten, move enlarge up to 15, and take something like Insightful Reflexes given your focus on Int for trapping to help your reflex save.

I think the build is incomplete, why did you stop at 18, why not stop building at 20 or 30?

I don't understand why you are taking enlarge? I haven't known any serious spell casters to take enlarge.

I personally like to take quicken at level 1, just because of web and tentacles at level 10. Nothing more annoying than trying to throw down a web, and getting interrupted.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    I think the build is incomplete, why did you stop at 18, why not stop building at 20 or 30?

I don't understand why you are taking enlarge? I haven't known any serious spell casters to take enlarge.

I personally like to take quicken at level 1, just because of web and tentacles at level 10. Nothing more annoying than trying to throw down a web, and getting interrupted.
    If it's a heroic TR build, you TR as soon as you hit 20, so you spend far more time in your level 18 build than you do in your level 20 build, especially if you're sitting on plenty of tokens of the twelve.

You don't know any serious casters who take enlarge? Really? Enlarge is extremely effective for DC casters. The ability to throw a mass hold or a charm from double range can enhance your CC ability in many situations, and the ability to do things like stone or Insta-kill a beholder from outside its anti-magic aura trivializes them to a large degree.

Put points in concentration and you won't get interrupted as much in lower levels. That lets you grab Maximize at 1 and Empower at 3 for use with Stricken and Consume. You can still take quicken at 6 in plenty of time for Evard's and then hit wizard past life or completionist or spell focus feats from there. I normally end up grabbing force of personality at 9 or 12 because my DCs at lower levels are generally good enough that I can hold off on those feats until 12, 15, and 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Zretch View Post
    If it's a heroic TR build, you TR as soon as you hit 20, so you spend far more time in your level 18 build than you do in your level 20 build, especially if you're sitting on plenty of tokens of the twelve.

You don't know any serious casters who take enlarge? Really? Enlarge is extremely effective for DC casters. The ability to throw a mass hold or a charm from double range can enhance your CC ability in many situations, and the ability to do things like stone or Insta-kill a beholder from outside its anti-magic aura trivializes them to a large degree.

Put points in concentration and you won't get interrupted as much in lower levels. That lets you grab Maximize at 1 and Empower at 3 for use with Stricken and Consume. You can still take quicken at 6 in plenty of time for Evard's and then hit wizard past life or completionist or spell focus feats from there. I normally end up grabbing force of personality at 9 or 12 because my DCs at lower levels are generally good enough that I can hold off on those feats until 12, 15, and 18.
    1. I have no problem insta killing beholders without enlarge.

2. Concentration isn't 100%.

3. No serious warlock will get stricken or consume until about level 6 or 7, because most of your points will be put into tainted scholar, not only for chain, but for scroll mastery, and all of the pact damage. Cone is better, but only if you can get the pact damage from tainted scholar to go with it. Which, I usually have enough action points by level 6 or 7 to do this.

4. Back onto the topic of enlarge, I can see it being useful for high skull content, but honestly... No warlock should be getting killed on r1, and enemies usually arent grouped up for a perfect mass hold until they get clustered on you. The typical warlock wont mass hold from a distance, they will mass hold when everything is grouped up. Which again, this is speaking on an R1-R3 perspective. If you are talking R4++ Then I could understand taking enlarge. But, seeing as this is a level 18 max build, and it isn't a pure warlock, I highly doubt that this is a high skull build.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call