Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Best Item to Get With Raider's Reward Box

What's the best item to get with the Raider's Reward Box?

I was planning on getting Nightmare, the Fallen Moon but it looks like it was nerfed?
    -Life Steeling is now a chance on crit (+ you no longer auto crit vs. helpless)
    -Nightmares only works on vorpal (It used to cast PK on crit, not on vorpal)

Nightmare may still may be good if the PK works though. Anybody know how well the Nightmare PK DC work's on R1 on lv23ish content?

Or are there other good items to get?

Thanks.

Best such discussion happening here: LINK.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post

I was planning on getting Nightmare, the Fallen Moon but it looks like it was nerfed?

Nightmare may still may be good if the PK works though. Anybody know how well the Nightmare PK DC work's on R1 on lv23ish content?

Thanks.
    Depending on your build...making assumptions since you spoke of Nightmare....I'm guessing sword and board. Nightmare is still probably the best S&B weapon in the box. Maybe Tinah would be good paired with Knights Training.

For Swashbuckler Balizarde is probably Tops.
    Vistani or Assassin go with Agony.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Thanks.
    The Nightmare effect on this weapon has a DC of ~36 this means plain and simple you have to expect that it only works when the monster is VERY unlucky and rolls two times a 1 on the save against it.
    And because it's a vorpal effect it should work on average after 8000 hits so you cannot even expect one kill in a whole quest from this effect.
    Therefore you can basically forget this effect

The newer policy is at last that they now give new weapons a DC that is at least sufficient when the monster is weak against the save.
    But it's still unknown for me how high the proc chance on this new weapons is.
    It would be better if you could work for your DC on such a proc and get it high enough so it is really useful.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

Drow Machine Gunner Vasandralov's Avatar

The items drop with regularity having mythic boosts for use.

I'd get the comms to use to upgrade one that has said boost. (Or if you get lucky enough for a reaper boost one. I don't have/haven't seen yet)

That's just me though

Sireth, Pinion, Needle and Mornh all have better crits (either range or multiplier) than the standard weapon of their type does. So any of these, if you wanted to fit them with a sentient jewel and maybe 3 (or 4) filigrees would make nice weapons until upper epics. The other weapons either don't have expanded crits or do so using keen, which does not stack with the improved crit feat.

Oh and Agony has double damage dice, making it one of the better dps daggers.

Celestia is okay for an off-hand by throwers.
    Last edited by Fedora1; 03-20-2019 at 02:03 PM.
    Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Community Member

Thanks.

Sentient xp from feeding the box "reward"
    Heroic - Triple All
    Racial - Triple All
    Iconic - Triple All
    Epic - Triple All

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Celestia is okay for an off-hand by throwers.
    Celestia is a must have for high skull raiding (or quests) where mobs have flat DR. Otherwise its practically impossible to kill those things. This provided your build doesn't break the light damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerize View Post
    Celestia is a must have for high skull raiding (or quests) where mobs have flat DR. Otherwise its practically impossible to kill those things. This provided your build doesn't break the light damage.
    Celestia was great until someone buffed you or you have a enhancement that breaks Celestia's DR profile..

The fix has been ignored for years making it seem unlikely it will ever be fix and as a result making Celestia more of a Pita then useful..

box rewards are outdated BTC items

Its all sentient food.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

This provided your build doesn't break the light damage.
    Which builds (that are likely to use Celestia) don't break it?
    Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.

Not a build perse, but I have them on my main account on a Shintao/Ninja Spy/GMOF that can Dodge well (and trap, and shoot... and dance too now I think about it; Deep Gnome). So she wades into battle, sits in the middle of everyone. Used to Ki Shout to drag mobs to her too (before the Devs busted it). Then cleave/great cleave/WWA, and watch the lag as multiple Bursts, Blasts, Blindness triggers.

Swapped in one for a Sunsword so there's more procs AOE procs to create artificial lag. Really amusing to drag the entire Vale of Twilights enemey mobs together surrounding me, then perform a WWA and then wait a few seconds for things to resolve... (Have heard reports that it's noticable enough that those in Meridia experience minor blips)

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Almost all of the things that you could have in a build that can break Celestia are things that you can choose to turn off temporarily.

And Scion of Arborea is garbage anyway.
    Edit: Speling
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Almost all of the things that you could have in a build that can break Celestia are things that you can choose to turn off temporarily.

Haven't tried but I would expect Molten Silver Gauntlets to break it. Any idea about Echo of Ravenkind? Might need to keep those in mind if I get around to building a short sword melee.
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.
    Thelanis - Striving to be your Swiss Army Knife for DPS, traps and tanking
    Eushully/Centered LS Tempest | Nantekottai/FvS | Ponoka - Sub || Hamsterwheel paused

Quote Originally Posted by askrj1 View Post
    Haven't tried but I would expect Molten Silver Gauntlets to break it. Any idea about Echo of Ravenkind? Might need to keep those in mind if I get around to building a short sword melee.
    That'll depend no whether it gives the classic Holy bonus damage, or the new Holy Good + Bonus damage.

The former won't break it. The latter will.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    That'll depend no whether it gives the classic Holy bonus damage, or the new Holy Good + Bonus damage.

The former won't break it. The latter will.

J1NG
    Guess I'll have to burn my brain out on WK tonight and test it then, still 23...
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.
    Thelanis - Striving to be your Swiss Army Knife for DPS, traps and tanking
    Eushully/Centered LS Tempest | Nantekottai/FvS | Ponoka - Sub || Hamsterwheel paused

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Not a build perse,
    Sounds like fun, but like you said not really a common setup/build.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post

Well "almost" and "turn off temporarily" pretty much means "I forgot" and/or "not worth the trouble for this one fight" to me personally.

So while I do not discount these situations, I would still say that in most cases you might as well assume that the DR breaking benefit is not going to WAI. Just something to keep in mind for those deciding what to choose from the Raiders Box.

Community Member

Any build using the sneak attack damage scion, which also has swap gear for molten gauntlets and icon of raven kind. Also need to remember to turn off epic past life for weapon enhancement bonus and not to take any epic destiny feat that bypass DR. Avoid putting points into the left most tier 1 in the harper tree as well. As far as I know swash is the only build that will break it, unless turned off.

We have barbs, assassins, punchy monks, rangers, fighters, etc. all reverting to celestias when we need to take down the flat DR crystal in high skull Baba. Shroud portals would be another example where depending on the skull celestias will out DPS higher DPS weapons. Would have to check if thats still the case with the new prr debuffing, but it probably is.
    Last edited by Clerize; 03-22-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Its all sentient food.
    Pure lie!

5 Commendation of Heroism cannot be food!!! 1111 8)

Any build using the sneak attack damage scion, which also has swap gear for molten gauntlets and icon of raven kind. Also need to remember to turn off epic past life for weapon enhancement bonus and not to take any epic destiny feat that bypass DR. Avoid putting points into the left most tier 1 in the harper tree as well. As far as I know swash is the only build that will break it, unless turned off.

We have barbs, assassins, punchy monks, rangers, fighters, etc. all reverting to celestias when we need to take down the flat DR crystal in high skull Baba. Shroud portals would be another example where depending on the skull celestias will out DPS higher DPS weapons. Would have to check if thats still the case with the new prr debuffing, but it probably is.
    So maybe two quests when run on higher reaper where it is useful enough to remember to turn off stuff and not use other stuff and make sure no one in the party hits you with a buff that will break it...

Again I am not disputing the above, simply stating that anyone who grabs this should expect the DR breaking to not WAI a lot of the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast