Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I have two Celestias and never use them.
    What?! It mean you never run thrower build. But... but i think you are expert here too!!! 8)

Community Member

Deleting the garbage box was the best choice
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

Quote Originally Posted by askrj1 View Post
    Drow dagger is somewhat misleading, that is the Sacrificial Dagger from Impossible Demands. Drow dagger makes me think of something from House of Rusted Blades.
    Thank you! I was thinking to myself "There's no vampirism option on the Drow Dagger of the Weaponmanster, and it doesn't have a red slot to socket a Ruby of the Endless Night, so what am I missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Yngvarr Stormedge: Aye, laddie. Aye. That be a mighty fine pooop deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    sometimes you just want to light the players on fire, yanno?

Actually i think raiders box items are really good if you glam them, imagine running around lev 1-5 with a shiny cool weapon...

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldschool View Post
    +1

IMO, Agony easily rises above any TF Tier 1 dagger simply with Improved Deception. Considering sentience puts it well ahead of a TF Tier 2. For anything below ML28, Epic Assassin's Kiss is likely its strongest competition (and a dagger I would really like to acquire), but that's for another discussion. And thanks to Saekee for the dagger feedback, I have very high regard for your knowledge in all things rogue/stealth.

I will be taking Agony out of the box tonight.

EDIT: I have very little knowledge of crafting outside of TF and CC, so LGS or other crafted may certainly be better, and I wouldn't argue the point.

There is no point in opening the box until you need the item. Who knows what may change between now and then and your box will last forever in inventory.
    Percivaul Dusol, BadRandall and Shortpact--The Silver Legion

Quote Originally Posted by LT218 View Post
    So assuming you'd use Antipode from 23 to 26, they're not worth it. Scraps of Enlightment are close enough to Antipode that it won't matter. As a bonus, they're ML13 so you just use those from 13 to 26 and choose something else from the Raiders Box.
    Disagree.

The crit range alone makes antipode a better weapon, and by that rational, heroic adamantine knuckles - which also have a better base damage profile.

The only real benefit scraps has seems to be impact, but even without icrit, knuckles are still better.

With low reaper, the additional damage procs from freebe barovian wraps would do more, although completely agree there would be a cut off when you can boost base damage.

Lets not also forget antipode via the raiders box, or barovians off the ravenloft 1st time handout are, just that - no grind required.

I have two celestia's I got from the original two boxes I got. They have been broken for ~ two years. I know how it happened and I heard of something that might fix them. I can't share more than that at this time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vorachtin View Post
    Deleting the garbage box was the best choice
    ^^

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    I have two celestia's I got from the original two boxes I got. They have been broken for ~ two years. I know how it happened and I heard of something that might fix them. I can't share more than that at this time.
    Are you perhaps referring to the Scion of Arborea problem mentioned in this thread, which apparently remains through TR?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...5-Fix-Celestia
    Zanthiss - Level 30 Rogue Mechanic - Cannith

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldschool View Post
    Are you perhaps referring to the Scion of Arborea problem mentioned in this thread, which apparently remains through TR?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...5-Fix-Celestia
    I wish we could set a flag on celestia that says: "No Buffs Apply Here". i.e., just have the weapon refuse any and all changes from anything.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Niminae View Post
    Thank you! I was thinking to myself "There's no vampirism option on the Drow Dagger of the Weaponmanster, and it doesn't have a red slot to socket a Ruby of the Endless Night, so what am I missing?
    Yea the poster i was responding to used the name drow dagger. I just assumed he meant the one with negative levels. That's what i get for assuming.
    My phones auto correct/swype failed grammar school.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    Disagree.

The crit range alone makes antipode a better weapon, and by that rational, heroic adamantine knuckles - which also have a better base damage profile.

The only real benefit scraps has seems to be impact, but even without icrit, knuckles are still better.

With low reaper, the additional damage procs from freebe barovian wraps would do more, although completely agree there would be a cut off when you can boost base damage.

Lets not also forget antipode via the raiders box, or barovians off the ravenloft 1st time handout are, just that - no grind required.
    I ran 10+ PLs as a monk and tested both extensively. The scraps are close enough in actual gameplay to Antipode that it doesn't matter much.
    Last edited by LT218; 03-20-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Niminae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spyder7723 View Post
    Yea the poster i was responding to used the name drow dagger. I just assumed he meant the one with negative levels. That's what i get for assuming.
    MotU daggers:

Sacrificial Dagger - ML20, redslot and Life Stealing, drops in Impossible Demands, meta neg'ing dagger in question
    Blade of the High Priestess - ML21, potency dagger with some melee procs, drops in The Portal Opens, pretty trash
    Drow Dagger of the Weapon Master - ML21, crit dagger, drops in House of Rusted Blades (like all Drow Weapon Master pieces, obviosuly)
    Agony - ML23, raid dagger in question (should you get one from the box), expanded weapon dice works well with +[W] abilities. Arguably better DPS dagger than Sacrificial Dagger depending on target, but will need to compete with DrowWM due to crit profile.

I have never actually really used daggers myself having never touched Assassin as the main, or used VKF, or ran a Swash with daggers, so I can't really tell you how well they compare in practice. Most of that is really just knowledge on paper.
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.
    Thelanis - Striving to be your Swiss Army Knife for DPS, traps and tanking
    Eushully/Centered LS Tempest | Nantekottai/Arti tank | Ponoka - Inquis

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LT218 View Post
    I ran 10+ PLs as a monk and tested both extensively. The scraps are close enough in actual gameplay to Antipode that it doesn't matter much.
    Looking at it on paper I would expect vanilla Antipode to perform better than Scraps, but only marginally. As also mentioned it would be a more significant difference if you add sentience to your Antipode. Of course, I also already have an Antipode myself, so whether using the box for one over the other items is worthwhile is up for debate. On the other hand I don't have Scraps, and I tend to just use Barovian for most if not all of 10-20.

I can see where you're coming from for Legendary Affirmation, but it's not exactly the first thing I'll be thinking of making considering how much work it takes to finish a piece of LGS. I don't even think of it now either.
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    I wish we could set a flag on celestia that says: "No Buffs Apply Here". i.e., just have the weapon refuse any and all changes from anything.
    I feel like there's definitely some sort of IS_CELESTIA_HACKED flag that can be applied (on Celestia, and hopefully future, similar weapons) to get around this problem cheaply.

Something that either:
    Disallows buffs that break the light damage type
    Or branches around DR/vulnerability processing as a whole

Celestia doesn't have to work 100% correctly, it just needs to be less broken than it is.

If they get some reasonable, cheap approximate fix (hack) in place, then we can have flame blades, lightning blades, and all sorts of awesome fun stuff.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by btolson View Post
    I feel like there's definitely some sort of IS_CELESTIA_HACKED flag that can be applied (on Celestia, and hopefully future, similar weapons) to get around this problem cheaply.

Something that either:
    Disallows buffs that break the light damage type
    Or branches around DR/vulnerability processing as a whole

Celestia doesn't have to work 100% correctly, it just needs to be less broken than it is.

If they get some reasonable, cheap approximate fix (hack) in place, then we can have flame blades, lightning blades, and all sorts of awesome fun stuff.
    Yeah, it would be cool if they fixed it, but the Devs have said it's too much effort to bother fixing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    Yeah, it would be cool if they fixed it, but the Devs have said it's too much effort to bother fixing.
    My best guess is antiquated weapon and damage flag code that can't really be remedied with anything short of a complete rebuild. Would also explain why they didn't try the same for Sunsword/Echo of the Sunsword in Curse of Strahd.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Re: Celstia

Definitely not useless. Might not use it all the time, but still useful if you ever have to melee something with significant DR. Just make sure you don't have the Enchant Weapon Epic past life turned on.
    The biggest users of short swords are probably swashbucklers (in particular, PDK swashbucklers with cha to hit). And swashbuckling gives enhancement bonuses to your weapon which breaks Celestia.

Thats a huge draw back.

And its not good as an ooze beater either because oozes split when hit with piercing damage.

As for sentience...this doesnt really matter unless you have been playing for a long time and have multiple leveled gems. You want sentience on a legendary weapon for the hardest content in the game obviously, so thats the first spark + 100k sxp which takes significant farming to achieve. If you have a spare gem after that, you could use it on a top tier weapon like epic SOS or something, but its still pretty low priority. Of course, you can swap your max leveled gem around, but doing that just to run EN dailies with a low epic weapon is a huge waste of sentience toolkits, especially if you are removing multiple rare filis in addition to the gem itself.
    Last edited by Question2005; 03-21-2019 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    They said that in relation to a real fix.

I'm asking for it to still be broken. Just different broken.

Celestia DOES work. As long as you don't have Arcane PLs, etc, etc. So just abort what doesn't work right on one end or the other, and call it a day.

From an in-game, lorey, fluffy perspective: it's reasonable to expect a blade made from light might not benefit from all the things blades made of metal do.

It's not reasonable for your blade of light to suddenly act like metal because X happens.

Thus, devs have a license to hack.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Question2005 View Post
    The biggest users of short swords are probably swashbucklers (in particular, PDK swashbucklers with cha to hit). And swashbuckling gives enhancement bonuses to your weapon which breaks Celestia.

Thats a huge draw back.

And its not good as an ooze beater either because oozes split when hit with piercing damage.
    Swashbucklers have some of the "best" bonuses for short swords but Swashbucklers will more likely be using Belizarde as well. The biggest users of Celestia have mostly been and still are shuricannons.

Celestia does NOT split oozes because it does not carry pierce or slash in its damage flags. It's also immune to the ooze and rust damage.

EDIT: Specifically, the sword normally only carries Light in its damage flags, which is when it will perform as intended. It was first noticed to break when artificer buffs that applied additional damage flags, causing it to act like a "normal" weapon that does physical damage. Most of these effects are temporary, and the light damage will work again as intended after they wear off or are otherwise removed.

Most infamous are the Arborea and Enchant Weapon pastlives that can stay on indefinitely, applying "Magic" to the damage flags. Regardless, none of these effects will apply any "shape" flags such as Pierce, Bludgeon and Slash, and as such a Celestia should never split oozes unless you had an external (and probably buggy) source of slash/pierce damage.

Additionally, splitting oozes may not always be bad as the split oozes are generally weaker and may die much faster to an AoE nuke, and some buggy oozes split into much weaker oozes than was probably intended as well.

EDIT2: Another actual "bug" is light damage from Celestia is also not properly amplified by AoV Shield/Crown, not sure about EA Rebuke. And other damage flags breaking the sword is the reason why it's being given a green slot, not a red one when you upgrade it.
    Last edited by askrj1; 03-21-2019 at 03:24 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast