Community Member

Default Caster druid and endgame

is caster druid viable to endgame? being healer and caster on only healer?

Community Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jetraye View Post
    is caster druid viable to endgame? being healer and caster on only healer?
    A caster druid is totally viable in end-game.

I will take the time to make you a complete response in several days. I play a druid for a long time.

My "hero" is Gyngerspyce: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...asi-tank-build

He gave me a lot of very good indications on this amazing class. Amazing in heroic mode, but still in epic mode. Druid has one thing other classes do not have: polyvalence.

I try a lot of options on my druid, because I want to have a character more oriented on casting abilities than the Gynger character.

So, as already said, I will give a lot of indications on how to play a caster/healer druid in end-game, with very solid defensive attributes.

Yesterday, I did several raids in R1, and Killing Time in hard mode. I was the main healer and I think I can say I really did the job. With greater vigor mass, regenerate mass, and other epic healing abilities, druid has fantastic healing abilities. In addition, I have 976 cold spell power, 68% cold spell critical chance, and 60% cold spell critical multiplier. When I use my 5 main dealing spells (burst of glacial wrath, cold breath weapon and cold energy burst, creeping cold and greater creeping cold), I can say I have a very high output DPS.

In r1 slave lords runs, I sometimes go in unyelding sentinel, and I tank, heal and do huge DPS. I am very well geared to do that, I looted the fabulous "clouded dreams" ring in Killing Time. For now, I plan to catch the amazing reflection of wave staff of the schism shard cratfting, to go to 88% spell critical chance (possible to have 90%, question of choice). With a cold spell power at 1080-1100 when I will finish to farm sentient xp, the staff and other bonuses.

So, druid is a really strong option as healer and caster in end-game raids and legendary quests. Caster druid is pretty rare in raids, but I can say you that our healing abilities are really very strong. And in slave lords runs, my offensive spells make me a killing machine.

I will give you all details of my character in several days. The very important thing to begin: be a dragonborn.

See you soon. And I invite you to try the caster druid. You will love it.
    Last edited by tipav; 03-27-2019 at 05:55 PM.

Community Member

Lots of ways to play Druid. Multiple ways to play caster Druid. Some people like nuking. Some like being DC caster. So...what do you like?