Community Member

Default Metallic Weapon Blanks

I haven't played for a while so I'm a bit out of touch with current gameplay. I have a bunch of Silver, Cold Iron, etc. weapon blanks that I accumulated when Cannith Crafting first came out taking up storage space . Are these worth anything anymore? Do folks still craft DR beaters?

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by SurlyYuri View Post
    I haven't played for a while so I'm a bit out of touch with current gameplay. I have a bunch of Silver, Cold Iron, etc. weapon blanks that I accumulated when Cannith Crafting first came out taking up storage space . Are these worth anything anymore? Do folks still craft DR beaters?
    Only the ones with augment slots are valuable. If you have one with an augment slot you should keep it.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Only the ones with augment slots are valuable. If you have one with an augment slot you should keep it.
    I sort of disagree. Weapon blanks that have an augment and no metal type are a little valuable. Weapon blanks that have a metal type and no augment are a little valuable.

Weapon blanks that have both an augment and a metal type (and are a weapon type that people actually care about) can go for a good number of shards on the big auction house.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I sort of disagree. Weapon blanks that have an augment and no metal type are a little valuable. Weapon blanks that have a metal type and no augment are a little valuable.

Weapon blanks that have both an augment and a metal type (and are a weapon type that people actually care about) can go for a good number of shards on the big auction house.
    The OP was typing specifically to those with metal on them and so was I. Regular weapon blanks with augment slots are common. Weapon blanks with a particular metal and an augment slot are rare these days.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    The OP was typing specifically to those with metal on them and so was I. Regular weapon blanks with augment slots are common. Weapon blanks with a particular metal and an augment slot are rare these days.
    I understood what you were saying AND what OP was saying. I just disagree with you.

Regular weapon blanks that have either a metal type OR an augment slot on them are worth at least a little and you shouldn't just throw them away.

At worst, it will be a really nice find for a new player on the AH.
    Last edited by HungarianRhapsody; 03-19-2019 at 01:35 PM.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

weapons with an augment are trash, they pop everywhere

metal type blanks are worth a whole mule for it, and since you're keeping these flametouched, silver, cold iron, byeshk, adamantine (cause metalline suddenly became a preffix?suffix? it stopped being a metal type) you could try saving accessories too, just green slotted tho, having yellow goggles, gloves, etc is useless

so u would want to keep:
    - metal type weapons (the ones you are interested in, which will be mostly flameteouched, silver and cold iron, less often adamantine, and even less often byeshk)
    - green slotted accessories, cause yellow are less useful (armors and shields have blue augments, weapons and orb have red augments, unless named)
    - ofc if you have a double slotted accessory or a weapon with red augment + metal type JUST SELL IT BEFORE THEY DROP LIKE CANDIES (you will mostly find silver, cold iron and flametouched, these are the nice combos cause u will put good augment in the silver and cold iron ones, or the cold iron augment and vampire slayer augment in the flametouched ones)

if you decide to retain the metal type weapon + augment, in most cases you will craft stuff like light/force of slashing/piercing/bludgeoning with 3rd cannith crafting slot being... deadly or spellpower due to vampire becoming 0 thanks to reaper?

if you have a non red augment metal type, instead you will craft a "light damage of metal type of XX good" weapon (i forgot how it's called pure good now lol) which will be almost the same for damage and dr breaking, but ppl goes dumb ****** when buying them in the ASAH, that's why i suggest u selling them
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Quote Originally Posted by SurlyYuri View Post
    First off, welcome back to DDO.

If you click the link in my signature, it’ll take you across to my advert over on the Orien marketplace. This will give you an idea of what’s out there. I’m a level 400 Cannith crafter, and one of the best known on the Orien server.

So let me address the whole issue of what to keep, first of all:

Double slotted augment items: These don’t fall anymore in the loot lists as random-gen. The most common thing to do is to disjunct them (this is the ‘black’ substance to use), and then store them onto a mule. They are sought after by people, and stopped falling in the lists a few years ago. Only older accounts that have now been reactivated (or people who played through that era, and collected them just by chance) still have them. If you want to sell them, feel free to PM me, and I’ll tell you approximate pricing on the shard exchange. (btw, ignore anyone who tells you that double slotted randomgen items drop like candies, because they don’t).

Double slotted items appear in a Yellow + Colorless augment option. Armor is a blue augment. We still do have guild slotted items available to purchase (House K, next to the mailbox); but it’s not something you see in the mainstream. I have them in my catalog, as I like to see it encompass everything. Clothing/Jewellery can have the option of Green (allows yellow or blue to be fitted); they aren’t rare, and can be found easily on the plat AH.

Non exotic metal with augment slot: These fall anyplace, they do. Dispose of them. They aren’t worth keeping. I keep them in my catalog just because. I do have clients who want a base item, nothing fancy, and it’s done. But if you are keeping them as a “what if”, don’t bother and save yourself the space.

Exotic metals – no slot: I keep these in my catalog for players who want equipment crafted for level 1-9, and the reason for this is there is no third crafting slot under 10th level. Again, not an overly precious thing to hold onto.

Exotic metals with slot: I’ll be honest, I pick these up for plat, usually pay between 20k to 125k per blank model. There are people who put them up for shards, I’ve never bought any for shards. They are uncommon to see, but they do appear.

Unless you are going to do a lot of crafting, I’d suggest disposing of them. Weapon crafting is usually focused on bane weaponry (eg: unnatural bane with ghost touch, for example.); so it’s restricted to a “specific” type. This is where Cannith is let down (IMHO) because it could have so much more open to it, via a Master Crafted system (eg: actual level 400 Crafters, not boosted via Arti bonus) so vorpal and other snacky effects could be placed therein. You find the ‘weapons’ crafted are caster/divine sticks more often than not.

If you have any questions on this, or on any subject to do with Cannith Crafting, feel free to send me a PM. If you want to be taught how to do Cannith Crafting (and levelling, etc), create a character on Orien, PM me here your availability, and I will meet up with you and give tutelage in Cannith Crafting.
    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien

"The 'forever' rogue"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeDatRogue View Post
    If you want to sell them, feel free to PM me, and I’ll tell you approximate pricing on the shard exchange. (btw, ignore anyone who tells you that double slotted randomgen items drop like candies, because they don’t).
    Can i learn your price too? It will facilitate our further transactions. 8)

Non exotic metal with augment slot: These fall anyplace, they do. Dispose of them. They aren’t worth keeping.
    Yea? I ready buyout all your redslotted shuriken blanks, 2.1kk ppc. Deal? 8)

Exotic metals with slot: I’ll be honest, I pick these up for plat, usually pay between 20k to 125k per blank model. There are people who put them up for shards, I’ve never bought any for shards. They are uncommon to see, but they do appear.
    Sure, i like such price too, but as one of peoples who put them up (and sold many 8)) for shards - i never put them for plat less than 1-2kk depends metal, and only if i not have free ASAH slot. And i see very rare price in your price diapason, usual just insta-buyout it.