Community Member

Default What's best Warlock Pact for Heroics?

I'm planning to TR once I reach 20.

After doing my research, I am leaning towards Fey, and Great Old One is my 2nd choice. Anyone have experience with playing a warlock? (only for heroics).

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

I love GoO because of Knock more than anything else. The other things it has going on are certainly great, but having Knock just makes life so much better.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

It depends on your criteria for best. I slightly prefer fey. Fey has the most pact damage through heroics as the blast for warlocks has a saving throw the same as a level 9 spell and you will find few things saving against it and sonic is the least resisted damage type. At lvl 14 the charm ability is nice. All the pacts have minor relative advantages and disadvantages to each other all are very playable and the top heroic reincarnating choice for quite a while now, no matter the pact.
    Percivaul Dusol, BadRandall and Shortpact--The Silver Legion

Community Member

Old one, charms for mid high skulls.
    Focus on acid /aligment types of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    There is no shortage of content in this game for the weakest 5% of players.

For most content, they have three difficulties designed solely for them, Casual, Normal and Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I love GoO because of Knock more than anything else. The other things it has going on are certainly great, but having Knock just makes life so much better.
    Was going to say pretty much this exactly. Knock, and the charms give GoO an edge for my predilections on playstyle.

I like Fey, but it's a harder road because of needing Perform to boost your sonic power - and it's a cross-class skill for 'locks. Doable, but gotta plan ahead a lot more.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

thanks for the replies.

I often splash rogue with all my characters (even if it doesnt really jive well with the build). But i never really used pick lock, or knock. maybe i am doing different quests. I usually do it for traps, but i never really used knock or pick lock alot. usually it just gives trash loot.

At least i have narrowed it down since the people who replied didn't mention Fiend.

So now I am between Fey and GoO. So its just hard to make a decision, since i know its permanent. Those wings of Fey really are tempting though.

You need a little more Int for Fey, since you're adding Perform to the list of skills you want. Otoh, it only adds +2 spell power at Level 1, and +10 by Lvl 18, so you're not missing all that much.

But Warlocks are so OP in Heroics, it's like asking which anvil the roadrunner should drop on the coyote - pro'ly the ACME one, but they're all good, and when the dust settles you won't have noticed the diff.

If you want the wings, go w/ the Fey.

(And if you're a 36 pont build, you can squeeze in a level of Rogue (or 2 for Evasion) or Arti (for the dog) for trapping if you don't need Spot. Open Lock 4 should get 90% of anything you want.)

Community Member

I've never really been a fan of Fiend warlock , but may have to when Tiefling gets released. It kind of makes sense, at least to me, with them being an infernal race.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by supot2 View Post
    I'm planning to TR once I reach 20.

After doing my research, I am leaning towards Fey, and Great Old One is my 2nd choice. Anyone have experience with playing a warlock? (only for heroics).
    There is no best.

There are some types of mobs that are flat out immune to fire (or are healed by it) and others that are flat out immune or are healed by acid. Some types of mobs are immune to both (curse you, Abashai). Nothing is healed by sonic, and not much is totally immune (nothing off the top of my head).

Fire hits a fortitude save, so heavy melee mobs may save for half damage. Acid hits a will save so priest/shaman type mobs may save for half damage. Sonic hits a reflex save, so high reflex mobs may save for no damage.

Fire and acid have access to an item that stacks spellpower that sonic doesn't have. That gives a good DPS advantage to them if you happen to have that particular item. (Burnscar Sash).

Sonic gets "misty escape" for a charge like ability (think abundant step), dark delirium (a daze/mez), and disco ball.
    GOO gets knock, phantasmal killer, and a nice charm.
    Fiend's nice abilities tend to come later, but wow they are good. Hurl through Hell at 15 and Howl of Terror at 19 are stellar abilities. However, if you're stopping at 20 and TRing, they really come too late to be of great benefit.

If you have good corrosion gear, go GOO. If you have good sonic gear, go Fey. If you have good combustion gear, get some good corrosion gear and go GOO.