Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Umd is required

It truly amazes me, how many people don't take UMD. I mean... If you can't get enough UMD for heal scrolls until mid epics, shield wands only require 18 UMD, and block hundreds of points of damage on you. Heck, protection from evil scrolls are around the same UMD I bet, and those block you from getting commanded.

I have seen many... many... MANY!!! warlocks who never take UMD, even though UMD is a class skill, they are a charisma based class, AND through just taking their warlock levels, they get 10 UMD, +10 UMD from leveling to 30 from 20. So, thats 20 UMD by just leveling up. Still, they wont take ressurect scrolls, they wont take Heal scrolls, cure wands, etc.

Same goes for Scroll Mastery, there are so many players out there not using this, and this truly baffles me, because we are either expected to heal ourselves these days, or each other.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call

Everyone already has access to dimension door through the Shadowdancer epic destiny.

So, NO.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo (Barbarian); LOOON (Rogue); Hobaggin (Druid); Pocohontus (Warlock); Buttscracher (Arty); Whoaa (Monk thrower); Fuglytincan (Tempest); Easilylaid (inquisitive); Eatuhdiq (Sorc)

Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post
    Everyone already has access to dimension door through the Shadowdancer epic destiny.

So, NO.
    Technically not everyone. Level 1-19 doesn't... Just saying.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    It truly amazes me, how many people don't take UMD. I mean... If you can't get enough UMD for heal scrolls until mid epics, shield wands only require 18 UMD, and block hundreds of points of damage on you. Heck, protection from evil scrolls are around the same UMD I bet, and those block you from getting commanded.

I have seen many... many... MANY!!! warlocks who never take UMD, even though UMD is a class skill, they are a charisma based class, AND through just taking their warlock levels, they get 10 UMD, +10 UMD from leveling to 30 from 20. So, thats 20 UMD by just leveling up. Still, they wont take ressurect scrolls, they wont take Heal scrolls, cure wands, etc.

Same goes for Scroll Mastery, there are so many players out there not using this, and this truly baffles me, because we are either expected to heal ourselves these days, or each other.
    Protection From Evil is also available as a potion in the Marketplace potion vendor (not from the House K vendor, though). Just wanted to mention because even though it's an easy UMD to hit, it's nice to not have to swap back to your weapon after refreshing your Protection From Evil.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Being able to rez a party member is infinitely more valuable than being able to cast DDoor, but there is no shortage of rez or raise dead scrolls, or non-umd classes that have invested enough to use them.

Teleport and Greater teleport scrolls save WAY more time than DDoor ever will (not to mention keys to Eveningstar, Bottle of Mist and the anniversary dice).

Heal Scrolls, Greater Restoration, Fire Shield, True Seeing and Invisiblilty are all much more useful than DDoor.

If a player wants to grief someone with DDoor, there are plenty of options for that player already in the game.

Honestly, anyone arguing against DDoor scrolls being available on a vendor is either 1) horribly mistaken on the impact it would have in game; or 2) wants to feel special because they have more ddoor scrolls than other players (I sell mine to vendors with all my other trash loot because they aren't worth the inventory space).

DDoor's most popular in game use is being cast after looting an end chest to get out of the quest via the main entrance SLIGHTLY faster than hitting the recall button and waiting. So OP... Imagine if you could use metamagics when you cast DDOOR!!!! Empower + Maximize + Embolden + Intensify + Quicken = Free Ottos box!!!
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    DDoor's most popular in game use is being cast after looting an end chest to get out of the quest via the main entrance SLIGHTLY faster than hitting the recall button and waiting.
    Well, it is more useful than that. There are quests where DDooring speeds up the quest progression quite a bit. But yeah, I honestly disagree with anyone saying that adding ddoor scrolls would add to the griefing, I also disagree that adding ddoor scrolls to vendors would really impact the game drastically. Heal scrolls impact the game more imo, yet those exist. If it wasnt for heal scrolls, there would be far more healers in the game than there is currently.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Well, it is more useful than that.
    I know it has other uses. My point is if we could actually see the data of every time a DDoor was cast, I'm sure over 95% of the time, it would be people leaving a quest.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?

I know it has other uses. My point is if we could actually see the data of every time a DDoor was cast, I'm sure over 95% of the time, it would be people leaving a quest.
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    1. You have INSANE luck.
    2. I never carry those around unless ABSOLUTELY necessary - they can and WILL get fireballed to a crisp. And I will mourn their passing, just like all their fallen brethren before them.
    Seriously I am level 17 with 11 now. That's a net gain of 9 this life so far.

I know they get crisped, happens. Remember to have arrows or bolts in your ammo slot tho.
    Last edited by weyoun; 03-22-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    Lysol, Winner of the Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebeast1985 View Post
    I think that these days, we all had our share of adventures without it.
    I'm pretty sure that at least the 1% of this game population would agree with me.
    I know that loads of time it has been asked, but hey, this time could be the good one?

Please, a clickie, a store that sells scrolls, it's time to stop this plague. it's time to start giving what we deserve.

Dimension Door for everyone!

Cheers!

That would be about it. 1%

Definite NO

Being able to rez a party member is infinitely more valuable than being able to cast DDoor, but there is no shortage of rez or raise dead scrolls, or non-umd classes that have invested enough to use them.

Teleport and Greater teleport scrolls save WAY more time than DDoor ever will (not to mention keys to Eveningstar, Bottle of Mist and the anniversary dice).

Heal Scrolls, Greater Restoration, Fire Shield, True Seeing and Invisiblilty are all much more useful than DDoor.

If a player wants to grief someone with DDoor, there are plenty of options for that player already in the game.

Honestly, anyone arguing against DDoor scrolls being available on a vendor is either 1) horribly mistaken on the impact it would have in game; or 2) wants to feel special because they have more ddoor scrolls than other players (I sell mine to vendors with all my other trash loot because they aren't worth the inventory space).

DDoor's most popular in game use is being cast after looting an end chest to get out of the quest via the main entrance SLIGHTLY faster than hitting the recall button and waiting. So OP... Imagine if you could use metamagics when you cast DDOOR!!!! Empower + Maximize + Embolden + Intensify + Quicken = Free Ottos box!!!
    Since dd is not nearly as useful why do people want it so badly? That argument would be in favor of keeping things the same to which I agree. People want dd to skip content and finish quests faster/easier WHEN it is an option IMO. dd scrolls drop rate seems to have increased since it used to be a shock to get 2 in a chest and now im just like, "oh, more dd scrolls to hoard on my mule..."
    Khyberite

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OrodelaSol View Post
    Since dd is not nearly as useful why do people want it so badly? That argument would be in favor of keeping things the same to which I agree. People want dd to skip content and finish quests faster/easier WHEN it is an option IMO. dd scrolls drop rate seems to have increased since it used to be a shock to get 2 in a chest and now im just like, "oh, more dd scrolls to hoard on my mule..."
    Why do people want it? Because it's convenient and useful and helpful and makes some quests significantly less tedious and makes a few (not many, but a few) quests easier.

If you don't want it, that's fine. You don't even have to take DDoor on a Wizard if you don't want to. It's okay for different people to want different things. Having DDoor scrolls available in a vendor would not negatively impact you in any way.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by OrodelaSol View Post
    Since dd is not nearly as useful why do people want it so badly?
    That's actually a really good question, and I don't know the answer. I usually play bard so DDoor isn't an issue for me. This life I'm not though, and I haven't run into any instances where I really wished I had it.

I just think people vehemently arguing that too much ddoor will ruin ddo are silly.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?

That's actually a really good question, and I don't know the answer. I usually play bard so DDoor isn't an issue for me. This life I'm not though, and I haven't run into any instances where I really wished I had it.

I just think people vehemently arguing that too much ddoor will ruin ddo are silly.
    *shrugs* Its nice to have in vale, when you don't want to waste a greater teleport, or groups arent grouped up for greater teleport.

Its nice to have in things like Wiz king, and Mirror.

Its a nice *oh ***** button. Instead of dying, you can go back to the start of the quest.

I have used it to avoid certain fights.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Why do people want it? Because it's convenient and useful and helpful and makes some quests significantly less tedious and makes a few (not many, but a few) quests easier.

If you don't want it, that's fine. You don't even have to take DDoor on a Wizard if you don't want to. It's okay for different people to want different things. Having DDoor scrolls available in a vendor would not negatively impact you in any way.
    i KNOW why people want it that was a rhetorical question. and i find your signature ironic in this instance...
    Khyberite

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123