Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default U41.4 Preview 2: Tiefling

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release. Specific extra disclaimer on the current visual appearance of Tiefling and Tiefling Scoundrel.

First, if you haven't already been there please check out the U41.4 Preview 1 Main thread.

How to Access
    You can access the Tiefling Heroic Eberron Race on the Preview server by speaking to Lord Poincelot in the center of the Test Dojo and then purchasing it in the Lamannia DDO Store.

Description
    The Tiefling is a new full race debuting soon, with its own past lives and totally unique appearance containing custom horns and fully animated tails. Their tails are animated to interact with cloaks without clipping through them, so you'll be able to enjoy the many options for customization without worrying about intersections. The position of the horns on the head, just like Dragonborn, exclude them from the appearance of many helmets that cover their face or brow.

The Tiefling race itself is heavily focused on spellcasting, and both the base race and the iconic revolve around playing with Darkness. While both the heroic Tiefling and the Iconic Tiefling Scoundrel can conjure darkness at will, as they specialize how their darkness effects them will splinter. Tieflings working together will be able to use each other's darkness during fights.

This race involves many new animations for all of DDO's various weapon styles; please let us know where things don't look right.

Base Racial Trait
    • Ability Scores
      • +2 Charisma
    • Feats
      • Infernal Ancestry: You gain Fire Resistance equal to your Character Level. You gain +2 to the Balance skill, as well as a +2 bonus to Saves vs Spells. You have a +2 bonus to hit and damage against Lawful Outsiders and Good Outsiders. You are Immune to Fear.
    • Past Lives
      1. +1 Spellcraft
      2. +1 Charisma
      3. +1 Racial Action Point
    • Where their Journey Begins
      • Tiefling's begin on the beach on Korthos as a level one character of any class you choose.

Enhancement Tree
    • Cores
      1. Bloodhunt Your weapon attacks add 1d4 Fire damage to enemies under 75% HP. This damage scales with 100% Spell Power. Passive: +5 Fire Spell Power.
      2. Charisma +1 Charisma
      3. Bloodhunt Your weapon attacks add an additional 1d6 Fire damage to enemies under 50% HP. This damage scales with 100% Spell Power. Passive: +10 Fire Spell Power.
      4. Charisma +1 Charisma
      5. Bloodhunt Your weapon attacks add an additional 1d8 Fire damage to enemies under 25% HP. This damage scales with 200% Spell Power. Passive: +20 Fire Spell Power.
    • Tier 1
      • Hellish Rebuke SLA: Enveloped in a cloak of infernal flame, you have a chance to deal fire damage to foes that strike you in melee range. Enemies have a chance to take 1d10 Fire Damage +1 per Caster Level. This damage scales with Fire Spell Power. 5 Minute + 1 Minute per character level Duration. 12 Second Cooldown.
      • Infernal Nature +1/2/3 Bluff, Diplomacy and Balance
      • Saves +1/2/3 Saves vs. Spells
      • Wand & Scroll Mastery +25%/50%/75% damage and healing of your wands, scrolls, and other items that cast spells. Adds +1/2/3 to the save DC's of your offensive wands.
      • Obscuring Darkness SLA: You can channel your fiendish nature to manifest a zone of Obscuring Darkness at will. Creatures inside the darkness suffer a 20% chance of missing any attack they make due to concealment. This does not apply to attacking misted targets from outside.10 SP. Lasts 30 seconds. 30 second cooldown.
    • Tier 2
      • Ferocious Rebuke While your Hellish Rebuke is active, enemies that strike you have a chance to be tripped with no save.
      • Infernal Resistance Multiselector. Choose one of:
        • Infernal Resistance (Acid): You gain Acid Resistance equal to your Character Level.
        • Infernal Resistance (Cold): You gain Cold Resistance equal to your Character Level.
      • Arcane Defense +2/4/6 Magical Resistance Rating
      • Traditionalist Caster +3/+6/+10 Universal Spell Power when wielding an Orb or Staff.
      • Lasting Darkness Enemies that enter your Obscuring Darkness have a chance to be Blinded with no save.
    • Tier 3
      • Scorch SLA: You can cast the spell Scorch as a Spell Like Ability, with its Caster Level based on your Character Level. 8/6/4 SP Cost. 20/15/10 Second Cooldown.
      • Infernal Resistance Multiselector. Choose one of:
        • Infernal Resistance (Acid): You gain Acid Resistance equal to your Character Level.
        • Infernal Resistance (Cold): You gain Cold Resistance equal to your Character Level.
      • Incineration +2% Spell Critical Chance with all spells, an additional 2% with Fire spells.
      • Student of Darkness While inside Obscuring Darkness, you gain +3 to all Saving Throws, +3 MRR, and +15 to MRR Cap.
    • Tier 4
      • Improved Scorch Enemies affected by your Scorch spell increase Fire damage they take by 5%. When cast on a creature that is immune to Fire, it makes them vulnerable to that element for a short period of time.
      • Infernal Sovereign Multiselector. Choose one of:
        • Infernal Sovereign (Acid): You use your Fire spell power in place of your Acid Spell Power if it is higher.
        • Infernal Sovereign (Cold): You use your Fire spell power in place of your Cold Spell Power if it is higher.
        • Infernal Sovereign (Electric): You use your Fire spell power in place of your Electric Spell Power if it is higher.
      • Incineration +2% Spell Critical Chance with all spells, an additional 2% with Fire spells.
      • Servant of Darkness While inside Obscuring Darkness, you gain +10/20/30 Universal Spell Power and +1/2/3 to Evocation and Conjuration DCs.

Currently Known Bugs
    • There are some work in progress animation issues scattered amongst the various weapon styles for male and female. If you find them, please let us know.
    • Most (maybe all!) paths return "InvalidCharacterData" at character creation.

Bugs Fixed since Preview 1
    • Numerous unfinished/polished animations
    • "Obscuring Darkness" (Tier 1) tooltip does not mention any mechanical effects of the darkness.
    • "Bloodhunt" (Core 3) grants +20 Passive Fire Spell Power instead of the intended +10.
    • "Bloodhunt" (Core 5) grants +10 Passive Fire Spell Power instead of the intended +20.
    • "Hellish Rebuke" (Tier 1) deals 1d10+1 fire damage (scaling with fire spellpower) instead of the intended 1d10+1 per character level.
    • "Hellish Rebuke" (Tier 1) tooltip states that it deals "1d10 Fire Damage +1 per Caster level." instead of "1d10 Fire Damage +1 per Character level."
    • Bonuses granted while standing in the Obscuring Darkness cloud do not have their short duration reapplied unless you leave and reenter the darkness.
    • "Infernal Sovereign" (Tier 4), all 3 elemental variants, do not allow your spells to scale off of Fire Spellpower if it is higher.
    • "Servant of Darkness" (Tier 4) rank 3 grants a total of +4 bonus to Conjuration and Evocation DC instead of the listed +3.
    • Tiefling Racial feat does not grant Fire Resistance
    • Many Tiefling permanent effects appear in the buff bar
    • Various missing icons have been added
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member Symar-FangofLloth's Avatar

What happened to the smaller horn styles? All I see are large 4e/5e style horns.
    Former Xoriat-er. Embrace the Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Symar-FangofLloth View Post
    What happened to the smaller horn styles? All I see are large 4e/5e style horns.
    As per the disclaimer on the preview 1 and now preview 2 tiefling threads: All visuals were/are not final. The smaller horns were cut between previews.

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    As per the disclaimer on the preview 1 and now preview 2 tiefling threads: All visuals were/are not final. The smaller horns were cut between previews.
    Personally I'm a fan of the larger horns but booooo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wise fwom ur gwave.

Community Member

Small horns overpowered?

This is a baffling change that makes no sense at all. Bad move.

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Small horns overpowered?

This is a baffling change that makes no sense at all. Bad move.
    I wonder if it is dictated by WotC.

Can you plz add a cismetic hood in store that conceal horn/head for tiefling and
    Dragonborn. If i am a inquisitive spy i should have something on my head that lets me
    Blend in in human cities!?

Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    Can Tiefling's be paladins?
    Tieflings can be any class currently available in DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tricosene View Post
    I wonder if it is dictated by WotC.
    Why ever have the small horns in any preview capacity then?

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Why ever have the small horns in any preview capacity then?
    Who knows? Perhaps it was a mistake and not meant for us to view. It could have been a prototype that they made, in case WotC let them use the older model, and they just hadn't deleted it yet.

I agree that it is nice to have more options, even though I'd choose the new-style horns, but c'est la vie. Maybe if enough people complain, WotC might shift their stance, just like with the body color on dragonborn.

Default color on horns

I like the Tiefling appearance and animations so far but...
    It irritates me that Tieflings have the same color on horns and skins I think this is quite odd.
    Maybe you can change this at least in the future if it is too much work until the planned release (which should be in March if I see it right)

And if Tieflings use the fiddle the currently equipped weapon dont disappear, this is a quite common problem that makes also meditation look stupid on monks who use weapons other than unarmed.
    And this is also a problem every other bard has who use lutes, they play the instrument and you have still both weapon in your hand or maybe even a Tower shield...

Another point is that it is certainly very nice that you have now a new instrument, but it would be of course even better if you could play the lute on your Tiefling too if you wish (and fiddles on other races)
    Bards could have an additional equipment slot for instruments and the instrument you use decides the animation.
    stats on the instruments could be performed skill or improvements for some kind of songs.
    This would add a LOT to the bard class.
    I just noticed that you have a fiddle you equip to the quiver slot, this is at least something but what happens if you want to use a quiver?
    We need a separate instrument slot at least for bards
    Last edited by Chacka_DDO; 03-12-2019 at 10:26 PM.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

My tail tends to....go rigid and stiff and glitch into the ground after fighting (like when your 'battle stance' animation ends). During combat it look okay, but afterward it glitches into the ground. Maybe this is an issue with the larger tails rather than the short ones?
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    My tail tends to....go rigid and stiff and glitch into the ground after fighting (like when your 'battle stance' animation ends). During combat it look okay, but afterward it glitches into the ground. Maybe this is an issue with the larger tails rather than the short ones?
    What Race/Gender/Weapon style?

What Race/Gender/Weapon style?
    *blinks owlishly and tilts head*

The only race that has a tail capable of going into the floor.

Tiefling iconic, male, using scepter/orb. It was in the test dojo, where I went to test my shout spells on the hapless kobolds. After the combat ended (and the character goes out of the combat stance animation) mytail dipped straight into the floor rather than being held behind me. A full third of it was in the floor.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

So I need some medical attention, my ears seem to have fallen off and are floating about 3 feet behind and 1 foot below my head...

Saal

Tiefling female warlock, level 30 wearing cosmetic eyes primal green cosmetic

http://s219.photobucket.com/user/Saa...h.jpg.html?o=0
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Community Member

Inconsistency between the Lamannia tree and your notes in post #1:

In the Lamannia build "Infernal Nature" stated skills - Bluff, Spellcraft and Balance, but post #1 states Balance, Bluff and Diplomacy

Which is correct?
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

Default Design decisions...

So, I don't normally post on the forums... let alone read them, just too much of the forums being the forums, BUT! I absolutely have NO choice, but to air my displeasure at the apparent design decision to drop the small horn options on the tiefling. Do you not see how unbelievably HIDEOUS the large horn options are!? I was excited for the tiefling I was ready for a new race, but this, this is just so much NO! Please understand I get that an artist has their own aesthetic ideals, but please for the love of holy KOOKIE, please I am begging you do not remove the small horns as an option, even if you don't like the small ones personally don't preclude them as an option for others. I mean if you remove the small option that will make the teifling unplayable to me purely based on the visual aspect, and I really cannot stand the idea of another race added that I will dread grinding the lives on cause I have to put a paper bag over their head.

That aside if, IF it really was a WotC demand, please say so.... so I can send copious amounts of complaint mail, and a truckload very ripe durian to WotC's headquarters.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

Default Shields clip through Male Tiefling leg

It's worth mentioning that shields seem to be clipping through the male Tiefling's leg. Here's a couple of pictures. It seems that the shield needs to be angled a little more so the face of the shield is closer to 90 degrees to the body. Not a whole lot, but just enough to keep the shield out of your corporeal form.

Note: The armor my character is wearing doesn't have any external textures on the leg so that's normally how wide it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wise fwom ur gwave.

I still want an option for INT on tiefling instead of charisma, otherwise there will be a Kobold uprising which in turn will cause another hamster revolt and bring down the servers again

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast