Community Member

Default The game "forgot" the purchase of the WPM Bonus Pack

What a lengthy downtime. Now that I finally could get back on the server, I was immediately greeted by a message that I have to spend 12 action points. Falconry's gone. I couldn't be bothered to grind for falconry and bought the White Plume Mountain Bonus Pack two weeks ago. Clicking on the Falconry tree opened the store page offering me to buy the WPM Bonus Item Pack again. Yeah. The WPM Bonus Pack purchase is even visible in the purchase history in the DDO store itself, and my toon is naturally still wearing the cosmetic, etc.

In game, there was even a group named "Lost my falconry tree" so I'm guessing this affects multiple users.

Community Member

I think whatever their account system is based on, it's an old backup - like, more than one or two months old. That's why recent-ish purchases and unlocks are gone, but the ones I bought years ago are still intact. Hell, it even changed back to my old password.

They better hope it was not the most recent backup they had...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrUseless View Post
    I think whatever their account system is based on, it's an old backup - like, more than one or two months old. That's why recent-ish purchases and unlocks are gone, but the ones I bought years ago are still intact. Hell, it even changed back to my old password.

They better hope it was not the most recent backup they had...
    That they (accidentally) are using an outdated rollback of the account unlocks occurred to me, but my DDO store purchase history itself was up to date. So there might be a difference between the unlocks the game proper is using and the version the store history is using. It didn't occur to me to check if Wood Elf is still available, which I also unlocked not too long ago. It is also possible the problem would be specific to falconry, but another person in game told me his shared bank got smaller and I would now presume it's because he increased the size within a very recent time frame.

I'm optimistic about all this being sorted out without too much of a hassle now. At worst, the database might get rolled back to the pre-server-move backup and the people who were trying to farm party favors in the hour or so the server was up simply wasted their time. But that's still preferrable to a laborious process of manually re-enabling all the recent account unlocks.
    Last edited by Corrupt; 03-09-2019 at 06:32 AM.