Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Monster Manual: Updates?

Are we ever going to see an update to the Monster Manual? I think the last update to it was in 2016.

There are quite a lot of monsters that could do with classification into the MM...
    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien

"The 'forever' rogue"

Community Member

I don't have the link, but some time ago it was announced that there will likely be no more expansions to the monster manual in part because it is too much work going back to add monsters that already exist.

Personally I would like to see more expansions.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeDatRogue View Post
    Are we ever going to see an update to the Monster Manual? I think the last update to it was in 2016.

There are quite a lot of monsters that could do with classification into the MM...
    A Monster Manual update is on my list of requests for 2019-2020 once the latest Producer's Letter is released (someday....)

Quote Originally Posted by beta1 View Post
    I don't have the link, but some time ago it was announced that there will likely be no more expansions to the monster manual in part because it is too much work going back to add monsters that already exist.

Personally I would like to see more expansions.

Fred
    This is only the second time I've seen someone mention this on the forums and so far both times it cannot be pinpointed which dev originally this or when. Was it a dev quote on the forums or something said on the livestream?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    This is only the second time I've seen someone mention this on the forums and so far both times it cannot be pinpointed which dev originally this or when. Was it a dev quote on the forums or something said on the livestream?
    I'll save you the trouble and say that - even if someone did say this years ago - it's certainly not our stance now by a long shot.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I'll save you the trouble and say that - even if someone did say this years ago - it's certainly not our stance now by a long shot.
    OMG OMG OMG! *bounces around the forums like a kid on a sugar high* SQUUEEEEEE!!!!!!

(I know you're not saying "yes, guaranteed new MM's" ...but still! )

Well that is excellent news. I love my Monster Manuals.

hmmmm...hmmmm... So could this be the one that was correct in the [REDACTED] Thread?

Someone in this thread nailed it 100%.

I'm going to be a big meanie and not tell you who, though.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Now that's the news! :-D
    Khyber: Nimrud (caster), Healingonly (melee FvS), Almeya (trapper), Groggor (barb), Yayamee (monk), Tadko (paladin), Feneya (monkcher), Zornix and some others
    Hardcore: AveDarkLord (5k fav)

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

I think Lynnabel just promised us expansive new Monster Manuals with Sharn! yay!
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    I think Lynnabel just promised us expansive new Monster Manuals with Sharn! yay!
    That's exactly how i read it. Hopefully if we read it wrong she will clarify so we arent disappointed when sharn is released.
    My phones auto correct/swype failed grammar school.

Time Bandit
    DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by beta1 View Post
    You're misremembering -- what was said was that they're difficult to do because of all the work needed, so don't hold your breath, they're not coming Soon™ ... which meant that they were still working on them, but that it would be a while before there were new ones ; not that development of them was halted.

Really glad to hear that. The MM's are way more popular than they're given credit for. I know when I came back after a two year break I bought all the new MMs before I picked up any of the new packs.

Would strongly suggest dropping the monster hit point to a reasonable tier 4 and expand well past that with really large numbers with additional end rewards (even if it's just an xp pot or something). Biggest problem with the MM right now is the server end rewards tend to be way too low (like you fill it in a week or two) and there's nothing to work towards after the HP goal or they're insanely too high and it takes years and years to be able to see the monsters HPs.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket, spread them out a little for us More fun that way.
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

I love monster manuals I just hope there was more lore on them but even with this amount it's great. When they first came out I was hoping some boss monsters would have lore specific to them but that's obviously too much work for an mmo.
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3

Thanks for replying. I do recall this but can't recall who it was. Deadlock and I have been tracking the hundreds of creatures not currently tracking properly in the monster manual for years, hoping it gets some attention soon! Love the monster manuals
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Woot!!!

I love monstermanuals.

Love the progression and its in no way op.

Perfect implementation imho.

A big one plz plz ”soon” :-)

I really like monster manuals too and hope we get another MM compendium soon

Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead

Ive made several threads with no feedback from SSG

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...monster+manual

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    If you die in a trap, it sort of is your fault. Unless it's my fault, then IT IS my fault

Community Member

Monster manuals are an automatic purchase for me. As soon as they are available, I buy them. There is no other content in the game that even comes close to that "must have" level for me.

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Popular consensus says to place breakables in an upcoming monster manual, partly as a gag and partly to convince more people to break objects in quests for the sake of a little extra experience gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post
    Popular consensus says to place breakables in an upcoming monster manual, partly as a gag and partly to convince more people to break objects in quests for the sake of a little extra experience gain.
    What a foolish and pointless suggestion.

I totally support it because I have foolishly and pointlessly hoped for it for years now
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast