Default ddowiki and crippling

I was looking at crossbows, and I noticed ratcatcher from threnal, but then I looked at heavy crossbows and noticed Swift Demise. It has crippling on it. So I thought why not look at all weapons with crippling? And I'm slower then the average bear, but I can't see how to do that? Looking at the crippling page on the ddowiki lists nonweapon sources of crippling. Maybe there isnt a lot of weapons with it?

The Wiki isn't created automagically (altho' it's getting pretty good at some stuff) - an individual editor has to code it up. And to do that, an editor has to be excited to put that work into that specific article. And, apparently, that magical confluence of interest/time/ability hasn't occurred (yet) w/ "crippling".

One slight obstacle that jumps immediately to mind is that there is more than one name for it - Tendon Slice is effectively the same thing, and I bet there are others. (The Cloak of the Mimic has "Goo Guard" which achieves a similar result (altho' also slowing Attack Speed), if by a different apparently mechanic. Hamstring is the same thing but in reference to an attack, rather than an item.)

I'd suggest you type "crippling" into the Search window, but instead of selecting the drop-down word by the same name, select the greyed-out option at the bottom of that dropdown list, "containing... crippling" - that should link to every article where that term appears.

Meanwhile...

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Tendon_Slice_items

Upgraded ToEE ranged weapons, ML 7, 26

and:
    https://m.ddowiki.com/page/Category:Crippling_items

You can craft it on melee weapon effects on dragontouched armor ML18 although the effect might proc on ranged, idk
    Last edited by Saekee; 03-03-2019 at 08:04 AM.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4 soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    Upgraded ToEE ranged weapons, ML 7, 26

and:
    https://m.ddowiki.com/page/Category:Crippling_items

You can craft it on melee weapon effects on dragontouched armor ML18 although the effect might proc on ranged, idk
    wow! Thats exactly what I was looking for, being able to see ML and such. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    One slight obstacle that jumps immediately to mind is that there is more than one name for it - Tendon Slice is effectively the same thing, and I bet there are others.

The complexity deepens. Thanks. Now we need a festival event with a dagger of crippling identiy crisising tendon slicing hamstringing (limbchoppering). (EDIT: DOH i forgot Legendary Salt and/or Margma-bugged?) But what to call it?

Choppendrop? The Pincher? (might be overpowered, need a downside- How about 1 in 3 chance per swing of instant character death, 20 min rez timer?)
    Last edited by Mindos; 03-03-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    wow! Thats exactly what I was looking for, being able to see ML and such. Thank you!
    yw! I think crippling can appear on Cormyrian weapons too but not sure edit: yes but rare https://m.ddowiki.com/page/Eveningstar_Challenge_Pack

Tendon slice effect on gear affects weapons, and has different durations based on when it was added, eg the tendon slice or the Dun Robar ring and Razorend lasts a minute whereas newer iterations are brief
    Last edited by Saekee; 03-03-2019 at 09:07 AM.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4 soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    You can find this information on both the ddowiki and ddocompendium by looking at the bottom of the pages and there are lists of categories based on the item you are looking at.

Community Member

Thanks for the feedback. I have now updated the ddowiki article to include a bunch of stuff included in this thread. As an additional reminder, anyone can edit the wiki, so feel free to add information.