Default Request a build: Void strike WSS PSWF Monk or Fighter/Monk

I am not sure to stay pure or split. What i remember back on pure is that going void strike offers too less DPS when combining Ninja Spy tree and too less Defence due to lacking AP in shintao. My hope is that by splitting fighter, kensei might be a better Deal for DPS, but unsure about defence.

Who can help me with a WIS-based Monk/Split, Void Strike + PSWF + WSS + Falconry for QP, build please? 26 AP falconry + 34 AP henshin = 60 AP. What's the best to do with the left 20 AP?
    Last edited by Robbenklopper; 03-02-2019 at 05:27 AM.
    "It´s too late. Always has been - always will be. Too late"

Quote Originally Posted by Robbenklopper View Post
    I am not sure to stay pure or split. What i remember back on pure is that going void strike offers too less DPS when combining Ninja Spy tree and too less Defence due to lacking AP in shintao. My hope is that by splitting fighter, kensei might be a better Deal for DPS, but unsure about defence.

Who can help me with a WIS-based Monk/Split, Void Strike + PSWF + WSS + Falconry for QP, build please? 26 AP falconry + 34 AP henshin = 60 AP. What's the best to do with the left 20 AP?
    Prob not worth it unless you're doing a staff build
    No ap for tier5 way you're setting it up

And even on my henshins, void strike hit pretty rarely
    Just build a sword build and use vorpal weapons, better chances
    Vishantii (the bird man)
    Kil (heroic and epic completionist)

Sarlona, Heart of Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    ...And even on my henshins, void strike hit pretty rarely
    Actually with PSWF the void strike hits very often. 10% chance per attempt and hits on doublestrike, see here for some observations. If you are running with 100% doublestrike that means 1 out of 5 attempts on a 3 second cooldown, with no need for building any DC through gear other than buffing doublestrike.

The challenge is building for Quivering Palm too. If not for quivering palm you could build purely around void strike which means 14 cleric or paladin with the longsword, 6 monk for shadow veil etc. The 14 cleric and paladin levels are purely for holy sword so you get all the supports those class levels give to self buff/heal. Maybe cleric is better than paladin in that regard although pally gets you the PRR for 6 AP. Then you can throw AP around a bit.

I did this a long while ago with heavy wiz levels and it was fun. This was before reaper.

The mass neg leveling hit LCEWS is really sweet too and will help groups in landing their CC as well as doing that initial drop in HP that makes a first neg level so powerful. That of course does nothing in neg-level resistant quests like with undead and forged.

For a fun ER build with an Oathblade this gets high base damage (d10) of the Oathblade along with the 1.5W from the twist. Not sure how this would perform in endgame.

Another option to build around is helpless damage from Falconry and running in Fury. The fury melee hit drops a target helpless no save. So you cycle that with the void strike on trash--void, LCEWS, occasional Fury hit on champs. Fury has poor boss dps but you can twist Confront any Foe and use a fury hit before Confront. Then you hit for four times adrenaline AoE or I think heavily single target. Still not as good as LD but you can pace a quest better without a Blitz counter. In short you will be an insane trash killer and Fury melee hits halt reapers too (I used them for my R10 Claw run at level 21).
    Last edited by Saekee; 03-02-2019 at 08:15 AM.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    Prob not worth it unless you're doing a staff build
    No ap for tier5 way you're setting it up

And even on my henshins, void strike hit pretty rarely
    Oh ya, sorry
    Was thinking lvl10 moment of clarity
    I guess void strike is the tier5

Not very good synergy,
    I'd rather build for qp
    But I guess you could do it
    You'd mostly be losing what? +7 to hit and damage?

Flavor build, but you could do it
    It may work in upper epics with hp bloat
    Vishantii (the bird man)
    Kil (heroic and epic completionist)

Sarlona, Heart of Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    Actually with PSWF the void strike hits very often. 10% chance per attempt and hits on doublestrike, see here for some observations. If you are running with 100% doublestrike that means 1 out of 5 attempts on a 3 second cooldown, with no need for building any DC through gear other than buffing doublestrike.

The challenge is building for Quivering Palm too. If not for quivering palm you could build purely around void strike which means 14 cleric or paladin with the longsword, 6 monk for shadow veil etc. The 14 cleric and paladin levels are purely for holy sword so you get all the supports those class levels give to self buff/heal. Maybe cleric is better than paladin in that regard although pally gets you the PRR for 6 AP. Then you can throw AP around a bit.

I did this a long while ago with heavy wiz levels and it was fun. This was before reaper.

The mass neg leveling hit LCEWS is really sweet too and will help groups in landing their CC as well as doing that initial drop in HP that makes a first neg level so powerful. That of course does nothing in neg-level resistant quests like with undead and forged.

For a fun ER build with an Oathblade this gets high base damage (d10) of the Oathblade along with the 1.5W from the twist. Not sure how this would perform in endgame.

Another option to build around is helpless damage from Falconry and running in Fury. The fury melee hit drops a target helpless no save. So you cycle that with the void strike on trash--void, LCEWS, occasional Fury hit on champs. Fury has poor boss dps but you can twist Confront any Foe and use a fury hit before Confront. Then you hit for four times adrenaline AoE or I think heavily single target. Still not as good as LD but you can pace a quest better without a Blitz counter. In short you will be an insane trash killer and Fury melee hits halt reapers too (I used them for my R10 Claw run at level 21).
    That's what I'm looking for. Can you offer some DdoPlanner build? I would prefer a fighter for PL, but can be cleric or pala, whatever looks durable and playable at epic/cap. It was you who mentioned that VS was good fun in combi with PSWF some time ago, but you didnt listed your build.
    Last edited by Robbenklopper; 03-04-2019 at 05:26 AM.
    "It´s too late. Always has been - always will be. Too late"

One option is to SWF with a dagger and go up the Vistani tree for 20 MP and doublestrike boosts. This will also get you crit multi/expanded with dagger. Not superb but all there. QP is a fort save so the CON/level draining sacrificial dagger will help a teeny bit with the DCs as you stab away.

Fighter would not be necessary. 5 cleric in luck domain gets you displacement and access to empower heal/divine might if you want to go STR BUT:

Problem is AP--23 from VKF; 34 Henshin; 11 ninja leaves only 12. If you want Know the Angles you need 8 so only four AP remaining. If incorp is not an issue--maybe run in SD?--that frees up 11 from ninja anyway so you could do both Falconry wisdom hit&damage and KtA.

A fun twist would be Confront any foe from Divine Crusader--use a Turn Undead to smack an area effect; works great in Fury if adrenaline charged.

btw I am on a MAC and DDO planner does not work on it
    Last edited by Saekee; 03-12-2019 at 07:49 AM.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    One option is to SWF with a dagger and go up the Vistani tree for 20 MP and doublestrike boosts. This will also get you crit multi/expanded with dagger. Not superb but all there. QP is a fort save so the CON/level draining sacrificial dagger will help a teeny bit with the DCs as you stab away.

Fighter would not be necessary. 5 cleric in luck domain gets you displacement and access to empower heal/divine might if you want to go STR BUT:

Problem is AP--23 from VKF; 34 Henshin; 11 ninja leaves only 12. If you want Know the Angles you need 8 so only four AP remaining. If incorp is not an issue--maybe run in SD?--that frees up 11 from ninja anyway so you could do both Falconry wisdom hit&damage and KtA.

A fun twist would be Confront any foe from Divine Crusader--use a Turn Undead to smack an area effect; works great in Fury if adrenaline charged.

btw I am on a MAC and DDO planner does not work on it

I run a void strike / crit / dbl strike / buff build. 13 monk 2 druid 5 rogue I know the split could be better but this was a test build and the 2 druid is for beguile ( obliterates targets with the fast atk speed and the doublestrike boost ) On average fully self buffed and boosts I can run a reavers reach solo r3 with around 50+ void strikes depending on the day, and even if it dosnt void its massive dmg every 3 seconds with the force and crit x.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

So I know you said monk / fighter but would you consider cleric instead? Paladin works too.

Quick proof-of-concept build:
    Code:
    Fallen WSS Battlecleric
    14/6 Cleric/Monk
    Lawful Neutral Aasimar

Level Order

1. Cleric          6. Monk           11. Cleric         16. Cleric
    2. Cleric          7. Monk           12. Cleric         17. Cleric
    3. Monk            8. Monk           13. Cleric         18. Cleric
    4. Monk            9. Cleric         14. Cleric         19. Cleric
    5. Monk           10. Cleric         15. Cleric         20. Cleric

Stats
                   36pt     Tome     Level Up
                   ----     ----     --------
    Strength         8       +2       4: WIS
    Dexterity       12       +2       8: WIS
    Constitution    18       +2      12: WIS
    Intelligence     8       +2      16: WIS
    Wisdom          20       +2      20: WIS
    Charisma         8       +2      24: WIS
                                     28: WIS

Feats

1        : Quicken Spell
     3        : Weapon Focus: Slashing
     3 Monk   : Whirling Steel Strike
     4 Monk   : Single Weapon Fighting
     6        : Knight's Training
     8 Monk   : Precision
     9        : Improved Single Weapon Fighting
    12        : Improved Critical: Slashing
    15        : Master of Forms
    18        : Greater Single Weapon Fighting
    21 Epic   : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic   : Burst of Glacial Wrath
    26 Destiny: Perfect Single Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic   : Grandmaster of Forms
    28 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting OR Mass Frog
    29 Destiny: Dire Charge
    30 Epic   : Spell Focus: Evocation OR Epic Damage Reduction
    30 Legend : Scion of: Astral Plane OR Plane of Air

1 Aasimar: Bond of the Fallen

5 Monk   : Path of Inevitable Dominion

2 Cleric : War Domain

1 Deity  : Follower of: Sovereign Host
    12 Deity  : Unyielding Sovereignty

Enhancements (80+5 AP)

Henshin Mystic (34 AP)

• Riddle of Fire, Ki Bolt, Sounding Staff
      1. All-Consuming Flame, Mystic Training III, Negotiator I, Way of the: Elegant Crane
      2. Porous Soul, Fists of Iron, Contemplation III
      3. Static Charge, Lighting the Candle III, Embrace the Void III, Wisdom
      4. Winter's Touch, Focus, Wisdom
      5. Void Strike, Shadows Cannot Exist Without Light
    Falconry (27 AP)
    • Falcon
      1. Practiced Accuracy I, Out in Nature III
      2. Killer Instinct I, Watch the Center III, Diving Strike III
      3. Killer Instinct II, Strike for the Eyes: Strike III, Conditioning
      4. Deadly Instinct III, No Mercy III, Expose Weakness
    Aasimar (13 AP)
    • Stronger Bonds, Wisdom, Stronger Bonds II, Wisdom, Stronger Bonds III
      1. Improved Recovery
      2. Divine Purpose
      3. Divine Charge III
    Ninja Spy (11 AP)
    • Basic Ninja Training, Advanced Ninja Training, Shadow Veil
      1. Ninjutsu: Impending Doom, Sneak Attack Training, Acrobatic I
      2. Agility I, Melee/Ranged Power Boost III
    Destiny (24 AP) Legendary Dreadnought
    1. Legendary Tactics III, Extra Action Boost III, Constitution
    2. Constitution
    3. Critical Damage III, Haste Boost III
    4. Volcano's Edge
    5. Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical
    6. Master's Blitz
    Twists of Fate (35 fate points)
    1. Sense Weakness (Tier 4 Fury)
    2. Grim Precision (Tier 3 Shadowdancer)
    3. Hail of Blows (Tier 2 Flowers)
    4. Dance of Flowers (Tier 1 Flowers)
    5. Rejuvenation Cocoon (Tier 1 Primal)
    Aasimar for the extra WIS and doublestrike from Fallen bond. War domain Cleric for Holy Sword. Monk 6 for tier-5 Henshin and Shadow Veil. Falconry for all the usual reasons.

No Quivering Palm, but that requirement is really going to constrain your options since it requires monk level 15.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Feats

1 : Quicken Spell
    3 : Weapon Focus: Slashing
    3 Monk : Whirling Steel Strike
    4 Monk : Single Weapon Fighting
    6 : Knight's Training
    8 Monk : Precision
    9 : Improved Single Weapon Fighting
    12 : Improved Critical: Slashing
    15 : Master of Forms
    18 : Greater Single Weapon Fighting
    21 Epic : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic : Burst of Glacial Wrath
    26 Destiny: Perfect Single Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic : Grandmaster of Forms
    28 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting OR Mass Frog
    29 Destiny: Dire Charge
    30 Epic : Spell Focus: Evocation OR Epic Damage Reduction
    30 Legend : Scion of: Astral Plane OR Plane of Air

1 Aasimar: Bond of the Fallen

5 Monk : Path of Inevitable Dominion

2 Cleric : War Domain

1 Deity : Follower of: Sovereign Host
    12 Deity : Unyielding Sovereignty

Enhancements (80+5 AP)

Henshin Mystic (34 AP)
    • Riddle of Fire, Ki Bolt, Sounding Staff
      1. All-Consuming Flame, Mystic Training III, Negotiator I, Way of the: Elegant Crane
      2. Porous Soul, Fists of Iron, Contemplation III
      3. Static Charge, Lighting the Candle III, Embrace the Void III, Wisdom
      4. Winter's Touch, Focus, Wisdom
      5. Void Strike, Shadows Cannot Exist Without Light

Falconry (27 AP)
    • Falcon
      1. Practiced Accuracy I, Out in Nature III
      2. Killer Instinct I, Watch the Center III, Diving Strike III
      3. Killer Instinct II, Strike for the Eyes: Strike III, Conditioning
      4. Deadly Instinct III, No Mercy III, Expose Weakness

Aasimar (13 AP)
    • Stronger Bonds, Wisdom, Stronger Bonds II, Wisdom, Stronger Bonds III
      1. Improved Recovery
      2. Divine Purpose
      3. Divine Charge III

Ninja Spy (11 AP)
    • Basic Ninja Training, Advanced Ninja Training, Shadow Veil
      1. Ninjutsu: Impending Doom, Sneak Attack Training, Acrobatic I
      2. Agility I, Melee/Ranged Power Boost III

Destiny (24 AP)

Legendary Dreadnought
    1. Legendary Tactics III, Extra Action Boost III, Constitution
    2. Constitution
    3. Critical Damage III, Haste Boost III
    4. Volcano's Edge
    5. Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical
    6. Master's Blitz

Twists of Fate (35 fate points)
    1. Sense Weakness (Tier 4 Fury)
    2. Grim Precision (Tier 3 Shadowdancer)
    3. Hail of Blows (Tier 2 Flowers)
    4. Dance of Flowers (Tier 1 Flowers)
    5. Rejuvenation Cocoon (Tier 1 Primal)

[/code]
    Aasimar for the extra WIS and doublestrike from Fallen bond. War domain Cleric for Holy Sword. Monk 6 for tier-5 Henshin and Shadow Veil. Falconry for all the usual reasons.

No Quivering Palm, but that requirement is really going to constrain your options since it requires monk level 15.
    Could you also run that as a 14/6 Monk/wiz split? The Falconry gets replaced by Harper, then run in EK / Henshin with a minor in Ninja. You could potentially even convert to a staff build, but you'd end up with Extend and Quicken from Wiz bonus feats. The main downside is you loose LS prof from cleric, so you need Elf.
    Kodraith / Xanxibar / Xinibar / Lensgrinder :: Lava Divers of Khyber :: I'm a monk. I hit things; it's what I do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kodwraith View Post
    Could you also run that as a 14/6 Monk/wiz split? The Falconry gets replaced by Harper, then run in EK / Henshin with a minor in Ninja. You could potentially even convert to a staff build, but you'd end up with Extend and Quicken from Wiz bonus feats. The main downside is you loose LS prof from cleric, so you need Elf.
    While it only costs 6 points in the tree, 6 Wiz only gives two spellsword dice (2d6) with EK. Even with 900 Spellpower that's an average of 35 spell damage per hit, which can't crit. As a current level 12 EK I'm having a hard time getting all my buffs in. There'd be tradeoffs depending on which sets you're using at endgame, and I can't imagine it'd be a net benefit

On the plus side, Eldritch Cleave scales off character level and could remain competitive. There are a handful of great utility spells at low levels, you get two metamagic feats and ghost touch.