Default Handwrap 1.5x Attribute bonus WAI?

I'd assumed monks get the standard attribute bonuses, but mine seems to be getting 1.5x DEX (ninja spy) for damage with handwraps: L7 monk swapping between shuriken & wraps shows: shuri @ 14 dmg, wraps @ 20. DEX is 32 for bonus+11, which (considering +2 shuri & +3 wraps), comes out to 1x bonus for shuri and 1.5x bonus for wraps. Popping on/off a +5 dex ring shows expected 3 hit/dmg change for shuriken, but 3 hit & 4 dmg for wraps (what you'd expect for 1.5x damage).

Display bug (using inventory "details" view)? WAI? It seems rather contrary to the 3.5e rules I recall. Or is it just a bastardized way of trying to show it gets full bonus for the OH? The details view shows nothing for OH (my monk does have TWF).

[btw, there's nothing in shintao and no gear has a wrap-only bonus -- the dex on/off test kills the "it's gear or enhancement" potential (ring of venom)]

My guess is this has a lot to do with the monk rework when the devs seemed to believe that treating handwraps as a 2 handed weapon in all ways/shapes/form was a good idea. This is how we got duality with a 1d6+6 damage die and 1.5 x stat to damage. And so... monks have been nerfed. A lot. To compensate for this.
    Selvera: Deep Gnome Wiz 20/Epic 5; PK build
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 20/Epic 10; Healer Archer with a more supportive build then usual
    Mayve: Tiefling Sorc 11; Just a pastlife for an alt

Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post
    My guess is this has a lot to do with the monk rework
    Uh, lol? There're always some rules in the book you have to throw out or D&D is just unplayable, but full on Fahrenheit 451 is not the answer.

I guess I now know why handwrap monk is such crazy DPS, especially with Falconry permitting a single-stat build. That's so overpowered I'm tempted to rework my thrower into a handwrap. Or maybe I should punt monk and go with a repeater to remove that temptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjond View Post
    That's so overpowered I'm tempted to rework my thrower into a handwrap.
    If you think it's overpowered; go for it! Check it out, just don't forget to have a backup plan in case it's not as strong as you first thought.

Handwrap monks can be a lot of fun and still pretty effective when played well, but if you're used to ranged weapons you may quickly find that not all the same tactics work everywhere that you're used to.

What do you have to lose? If it's OP and fun; you've found something more OP+fun to play, if it's not, then you've satisfied your temptation and can rework back into the thrower easily enough (as long as you didn't throw anything key away).
    Selvera: Deep Gnome Wiz 20/Epic 5; PK build
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 20/Epic 10; Healer Archer with a more supportive build then usual
    Mayve: Tiefling Sorc 11; Just a pastlife for an alt

Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post
    Handwrap monks can be a lot of fun and still pretty effective when played well, but if you're used to ranged weapons you may quickly find that not all the same tactics work everywhere that you're used to.
    Actually, both my other chars are melee (warlock/vkf & bard/ss). I wanted a ranged character for variety, but TWF Greatswords complete with 1.5x bonus in each hand and 10% stacking haste? How did that get past whatever sanity check the devs do wrt. the rules? It's like they had a "Munchkin for a Day!" coding event and forgot to roll it back.

I'll keep her as a thrower for now, but it's gonna take a great deal of restraint not to follow that yellow brick road. I may end up HTR'ing her to repeater anyway to permit INT-based for trapping. Monk trapping means ransacking other key stats and skills.