Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Smackyone View Post
    Sorry i am new to the game and don't know all the lingo yet so with that being said whats RL gear?

Thank you ahead of time
    rl = ravenloft gear. belt in particular

https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Thrummingspark_Cord
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Sorry i am new to the game and don't know all the lingo yet so with that being said whats RL gear?

Thank you ahead of time
    as Hobgoblin said, Ravenloft gear. Thrummingspark cord, a level 10 belt, will give you 77 cold spellpower and 11 cold critical chance. it is also a good idea to, if you have it, grab the level 9 quarterstaff Echo of Wave. the bonuses of Thrummingspark Cord to spellpower are "enhancement bonuses", while Echo of Wave gives an "equipment bonus" of +73 cold spellpower plus an additional +9 "implement bonus" to universal spellpower and and +11 cold critical chance for a total of +159 cold spellpower and +22 cold critical chance.

because these two items offer different type bonuses, they stack.

Quote Originally Posted by leesun View Post
    as Hobgoblin said, Ravenloft gear. Thrummingspark cord, a level 10 belt, will give you 77 cold spellpower and 11 cold critical chance. it is also a good idea to, if you have it, grab the level 9 quarterstaff Echo of Wave. the bonuses of Thrummingspark Cord to spellpower are "enhancement bonuses", while Echo of Wave gives an "equipment bonus" of +73 cold spellpower plus an additional +9 "implement bonus" to universal spellpower and and +11 cold critical chance for a total of +159 cold spellpower and +22 cold critical chance.

because these two items offer different type bonuses, they stack.
    Lore on the qs and the belt are both equipment bonuses. The SP stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctigis View Post
    Lore on the qs and the belt are both equipment bonuses. The SP stacks.
    ty for pointing this out. in hindsight I should have pulled up the wiki to make sure everything was correct before typing all that.

On a side note, I am kind of salty I just squandered my weekly blonde moment stipend >.<

2016 DDO Council Member Strimtom's Avatar

Thank you ahead of time
    RL stands for ravenloft, he means gear from the ravenloft expansion. It is a really good group of items that help you fill up every stat, assuming you have the expansion and farm it out.
    All my builds in one place!
    Personal stream http://www.twitch.tv/strimtom and I stream my show on the official DDOStream 6PM-9PM EDT on Mon.

Thank you everyone for being so helpful and i have all the expansions am working on getting to level 10 now to do the missions and wear the gear. Also if you wouldn't mind what feats would you take with your first life instead of for the level 3 and 6 feat
    Last edited by Smackyone; 04-16-2019 at 07:15 AM.
    The Smacky One

Thank you everyone for being so helpful and i have all the expansions am working on getting to level 10 now to do the missions and wear the gear. Also if you wouldn't mind what feats would you take with your first life instead of for the level 3 and 6 feat
    Personally I'd probably go Greater Spell Focus: Evocation and Maximise. Maximise only for your SLA's (Spell Like abilities) unless you're happy with your Spell Point management
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Community Member

Thank you ahead of time
    I think they are referring to gear from the Raven Loft questing area (lvl 10).

Community Member

Default Questions

Found your guides on the Youtubes and found them informative. Was wondering as a returning player starting over from scratch, does the video break down spell choices per level? as far as i see your first attack spell isn't until 2nd level and it is a fire spell. I get that at epic levels you use it to proc a buff, but while leveling what were your spell options?

second question: What would you suggest as feat options for someone with no past lives? I have read several people suggesting Max and Emp, but I have read your reasoning for not taking them. What would you suggest in their place?

Default Sphere of Waves options?

Quote Originally Posted by Strimtom View Post

Weapon #1: Nightmothers Scepter
    Weapon #2: Legendary Wild Frost
    Could a sentient Wild Frost and LGS Affirmation/Dust/Vac be matched by something mainhand and a Sphere of Waves? I like the style points (and electric options) of the Sphere, but I'm having trouble thinking of a compelling mainhand choice to pair it with.

(Nightmother's might now be made redundant by the Esoteric Initiate set of Aetherband and Attunement Goggles.)
    Don't be a figjam.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12