Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    The Top Side GoldyGopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    2,428

    Default Graphical Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    • Work has been done on the lighting and color saturation of locations in Eberron.
    One of the most noticeable changes to the game I saw was the graphical improvements to Stormreach while running around on my test tiefling character. The changes I feel add depth, some texture and the little something that improves our immersion into the game.


    Thanks for the extra work.
    Last edited by GoldyGopher; 02-27-2019 at 02:32 PM.

    The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

  2. #2
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    19,211

    Default

    This actually has me pretty excited.
    Don't play on Llama - but very much looking forward to seeing this in person. Is it just public zones, or also inside quests (if you've noticed)?
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

    .56773.

  3. #3
    The Top Side GoldyGopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    This actually has me pretty excited.
    Don't play on Llama - but very much looking forward to seeing this in person. Is it just public zones, or also inside quests (if you've noticed)?
    When I entered the marketplace, I had just run head long from Wheloon to Stormreach through Cormyr, I had the sense of "wow this looks really good." I had totally glossed over the note in the update, but the stone and sky and surroundings where clearer and appeared more textured.

    I popped in and out of a number of zones and quests I cannot say for certain, but I believe it is a number of exterior/outdoor zones that got the work I did not see any interior locations that appeared to have change. But spending 30 seconds in a dozen quests is not a complete survey.

    The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Can someone take and share some screenshots for those of us who do not go on lamannia, or are at work and cannot hop on to see the changes yet? Por Favor.

  5. #5
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    19,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    When I entered the marketplace, I had just run head long from Wheloon to Stormreach through Cormyr, I had the sense of "wow this looks really good." I had totally glossed over the note in the update, but the stone and sky and surroundings where clearer and appeared more textured.

    I popped in and out of a number of zones and quests I cannot say for certain, but I believe it is a number of exterior/outdoor zones that got the work I did not see any interior locations that appeared to have change. But spending 30 seconds in a dozen quests is not a complete survey.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

    .56773.

  6. #6
    DDO QA Team Cocomajobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    I was wondering how quickly people would comment on this. There is a pretty stark difference when compared side by side (depending on the time of day in game) but if just logging in and running around without comparing I didn't know whether people would recognize what felt slightly off about the experience. =P
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!


    NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

  7. #7
    Barbarbarian
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,905

    Default

    Along the lines of graphic updates---have you guys discussed getting us the 64-bit client that LOTRO is getting?
    You can run level cap quests for epic xp, but you can't run non-level cap quests for RXP when you're capped.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, sorc, monk,Ghallanda

  8. #8
    The Top Side GoldyGopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    I was wondering how quickly people would comment on this. There is a pretty stark difference when compared side by side (depending on the time of day in game) but if just logging in and running around without comparing I didn't know whether people would recognize what felt slightly off about the experience. =P
    I am not sure I would have noticed it, beyond that nagging feeling, however I entered the Stormreach Marketplace as the day was ending and twilight was beginning. I am guessing with the morning twilight those two times would be the most noticeable. I tried to take some side by side images for this thread, but my laptop isn't the best tool for those pictures.

    The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

  9. #9
    Community Member Kza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    This is just more than i could hope for.

    Thanks !

  10. #10
    The Top Side GoldyGopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    2,428

    Default


    The image on the left is the updated lighting vs. live. Not exactly synced up time of day as Khyber and Lamannia are off by several hours.



    Left is Live, Right is Lamannia
    Last edited by GoldyGopher; 02-27-2019 at 10:04 PM.

    The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

  11. #11
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    1,877

    Default

    I still think it's hilarious that DDO had a "beige" layer in its graphics somewhere.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  12. #12
    Community Member janave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-u-r-eye View Post
    Along the lines of graphic updates---have you guys discussed getting us the 64-bit client that LOTRO is getting?
    This?, more memcache could do wonders to the flow of DDO's super dynamic, minute (ehr milisec) action gameplay.

    I remember making and downloading others rendering config tweaks for UT3 and Crysis back in the day, that went 15-20% faster and looked 150% better than the Ultra ingame settings :P
    Those were good times.

  13. #13
    Community Member jwelch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee FL
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-u-r-eye View Post
    Along the lines of graphic updates---have you guys discussed getting us the 64-bit client that LOTRO is getting?
    Yes please, 64-bit would be hugely appreciated!
    "Sorry Elminster, it was really dark, and I'd drank a LOT of coffee..."

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I still think it's hilarious that DDO had a "beige" layer in its graphics somewhere.
    I heard it was when they were trying to make a deal with James May and the Toyota Camry.
    Alesthane - Chorwynt - Glyndwyr - Hasta - Azzad - Chereneko - Threesee - Ziggystar - Pfipher - Zaathras - MajorisUrsa - Eichenauer - Cherneko - Kwayzaar - Gweirwyn - RedArray - Arbengwr - Aryett - Bhokz - Escobhaul - Formerprez - Maarkenward - MacDoel - MacIntyre - Ritterstan = Khyber

  15. #15
    Community Member Satyriasys's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,282

    Default

    The horrible shadow striping still exists in house K.
    Join Date: Nov 2009

  16. #16
    Community Member ilhares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Frigid Wastes.
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwelch View Post
    Yes please, 64-bit would be hugely appreciated!
    I'd swear it was Cordo or one of the others that discussed this on a stream recently. The answer was (paraphrased) "Yes, but not until after the kinks are worked out of the LOTRO build."

    I'm rather looking forward to it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload