Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Racial stuff (Racial Bonuses) pretty much always stack with stuff from items (Enhancement Bonuses or Equipment Bonuses usually).
    I know and if it were just fire for example then it wouldn't be so bad but +30 stacking resist for 3 elements at level 30? Bit too much of a bonus.

Exclamation Visual Bug

Ok, so putting on glowing eyes resulted in horns gone and my ears are flying around....
    (ears on the right)
    ~ Sherim ~ Sherily ~ Sherli

Default Tiefling

Ran a warlock tiefling.. I had no real trouble in running the toon. Everything seemed to work fine.. The racial tree was a good. In my humble opinion the quick build I did. was nice. Sad the hair for the males did not seem to change. Also the jewelry.. Come on guys you can do better than just either none or the 2 gold rings on the 1 horn.
    A proud member of the Orien Guild Geezers Only.

Default Tiefling

So far I like what i am seeing, there is the cosmetic bug when I equip a cosmetic helm, and my ears go floating off to the left of me, even with the cosmetic disabled. I like Hellish rebuke, although playing as a Wizzy Eldritch Knight I am not really seeing any bigger numbers, getting 30-60 per hit of fire damage.

I would however like to see a toggle for the charisma portion of the racial tree, along the lines of the inquisitive tree, which is a multi selector, seeing as though it is coming out at the same time, maybe I am wrong but thats just my 10 cents worth

Otherwise I like the running animation (better than Dragonborn, which always seemed slow to me)

Maybe a NO HORNS selection could be added in, as stated previously, but not a deal breaker for me

As it stands now, going live, I would probably prefer to go Eldritch Sorcerer, as opposed to the Eldritch Wizard that I have been running currently (I would like to have the option to do both, hence the toggle selection in racial)

Community Member

What are the chances of Dragonborn getting tails and wings?

Community Member ideal_insomnia's Avatar

Wow, Tieflings are finally in DDO! Some feedback on their looks:

1. Can we please have normal-looking eyes as an option? Aasimar have them and I see no real reason to not have normal eyes on Tieflings.

2. It would be really neat if we could change the color of the horns separately, on many models they just blend in a little too much.

3. As a fan of old pre-4e Tieflings I REALLY appreciate the option to have small horns. Would it be too much to ask for normal brows to go with those small horns? The brow area looks a bit empty and weird.

Overall, love the new race, will definitely try them out.

So; full disclosure; I didn’t purchase or test out the tieflings (yet) heavily because dat price tag lol. I did take a tiefling through character creation until you have to hit purchase (to see how they look) and looked over the enhancement tree posted in this thread.
    1) I’m pretty happy with their look. While it would be nice if the look advice posted above in this thread were followed, I’d be fine if they just fix the bugs mentioned (tails poking through cloaks and such), and left it at that.
    2) I expected it to be a cha race, and I’m fine with it being fire-based-caster focused. I believe that is one of the things that D&D tieflings have typically tended towards. However, it would be nice if their enhancement tree also had options for deception, seduction and darkness/evil attributes. (Thinking tools useful for bards, rogues, warlocks here).
    3) Since we already have a +1 spellcraft race, and tieflings should be into deception/seduction, +1 bluff would make a lot of sense for the first pastlife.
    Other thoughts include that we’re a bit thin on strength based races right now; and besides personal preference, I know a certain guildie who is very interested in more being added.
    Half giant, Goliath, Ogre and Full orc are some ideas for strength races that could be added.

And a question to those who have tested out teifling so far:
    How does Infernal Sovereign stack with other effects?
    - For cleric domains that let your substitute electric spell power for light spellpower; can you use fire spellpower for your electric spellpower for your light spellpower?
    - Does this spellpower effect everything; or only your spells? (Notable arcane archer imbues were excluded from the spellpower sharing of cleric domains)
    Selvera: Human Fighter 18; Inquisitive build
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 20/Epic 10; Healer Archer with a more supportive build then usual
    Mayve: Tiefling Sorc 14; Just a pastlife for an alt

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post
    So; full disclosure; I didn’t purchase or test out the tieflings (yet) heavily because dat price tag lol.
    In case you were not aware, there is an NPC in the Test Dojo that will grant you DDO Points.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    In case you were not aware, there is an NPC in the Test Dojo that will grant you DDO Points.
    Yeah I know; but at the moment I only had about 10k$ worth of ddopoints, not 100k$ worth. foolish me thought that would be enough in the previous preview to get anything I wanted, and to get to mr. points I needed a character in the game world. Limited testing time due to work/other commitments.

I'll have some more time this evening (after work) to test; but there are also other things I want to test before Lam's short period of being up, typically when it goes up I only get 1 real evening to test stuff before it goes down.
    Selvera: Human Fighter 18; Inquisitive build
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 20/Epic 10; Healer Archer with a more supportive build then usual
    Mayve: Tiefling Sorc 14; Just a pastlife for an alt

Sir PointsAlot

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post
    Yeah I know; but at the moment I only had about 10k$ worth of ddopoints, not 100k$ worth.
    When you speak to him in the Test Dojo, he will grant you exactly enough to purchase Inquisitive, Tiefling, and the Scoundrel, as well as one additional point.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

When you speak to him in the Test Dojo, he will grant you exactly enough to purchase Inquisitive, Tiefling, and the Scoundrel, as well as one additional point.
    Uh, he will grant you a lot more than that, in my experience. I bought all three of those, plus the tomes I expect to have on live, plus my backpack space, and probably other stuff I forgot.
    Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, shiradi sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    Honestly, I am glad to say I will save money and save it for my kid... at least Legos do not change overnight so that the pieces don't fit together anymore..

Community Member Captain_Pengie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    • There are some work in progress animation issues scattered amongst the various weapon styles for male and female. If you find them, please let us know.
    Here is one for reloading with dual crossbows.

Starts out fine - bows ready to load. You then drop the bows to the ground and end up with tail pointed straight back like a scared cat leaning forward ready to pounce.

Pretty unique, but probably not the look you were going for ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Pengie View Post
    Here is one for reloading with dual crossbows.

Starts out fine - bows ready to load. You then drop the bows to the ground and end up with tail pointed straight back like a scared cat leaning forward ready to pounce.

Pretty unique, but probably not the look you were going for ;-)
    This had me nearly peeing myself with laughter

Pretty excited for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release. Specific extra disclaimer on the current visual appearance of Tiefling and Tiefling Scoundrel.

First, if you haven't already been there please check out the U41.4 Preview 1 Main thread.

How to Access
    You can access the Tiefling Heroic Eberron Race on the Preview server by speaking to Lord Poincelot in the center of the Test Dojo and then purchasing it in the Lamannia DDO Store.

Description
    The Tiefling is a new full race debuting soon, with its own past lives and totally unique appearance containing custom horns and fully animated tails. Their tails are animated to interact with cloaks without clipping through them, so you'll be able to enjoy the many options for customization without worrying about intersections. The position of the horns on the head, just like Dragonborn, exclude them from the appearance of many helmets that cover their face or brow.

The Tiefling race itself is heavily focused on spellcasting, and both the base race and the iconic revolve around playing with Darkness. While both the heroic Tiefling and the Iconic Tiefling Scoundrel can conjure darkness at will, as they specialize how their darkness effects them will splinter. Tieflings working together will be able to use each other's darkness during fights.

This race involves many new animations for all of DDO's various weapon styles; please let us know where things don't look right.
    Love how they look, great work devs!

Base Racial Trait
    • Ability Scores
      • +2 Charisma

• Feats
      • Infernal Ancestry: You gain Fire Resistance equal to your Character Level. You gain +2 to the Balance skill, as well as a +2 bonus to Saves vs Spells. You have a +2 bonus to hit and damage against Lawful Outsiders and Good Outsiders. You are Immune to Fear.

• Past Lives
      1. +1 Spellcraft
      2. +1 Charisma
      3. +1 Racial Action Point

• Where their Journey Begins
      • Tiefling's begin on the beach on Korthos as a level one character of any class you choose.

Enhancement Tree
    • Cores
      1. Bloodhunt Your weapon attacks add 1d4 Fire damage to enemies under 75% HP. This damage scales with 100% Spell Power. Passive: +5 Fire Spell Power.
      2. Charisma +1 Charisma
      3. Bloodhunt Your weapon attacks add an additional 1d6 Fire damage to enemies under 50% HP. This damage scales with 100% Spell Power. Passive: +10 Fire Spell Power.
      4. Charisma +1 Charisma
      5. Bloodhunt Your weapon attacks add an additional 1d8 Fire damage to enemies under 25% HP. This damage scales with 200% Spell Power. Passive: +20 Fire Spell Power.

• Tier 1
      • Hellish Rebuke SLA: Enveloped in a cloak of infernal flame, you have a chance to deal fire damage to foes that strike you in melee range. Enemies have a chance to take 1d10 Fire Damage +1 per Caster Level. This damage scales with Fire Spell Power. 4 Minute Duration. 12 Second Cooldown.
      • Infernal Nature +1/2/3 Bluff, Diplomacy and Balance
      • Saves +1/2/3 Saves vs. Spells
      • Wand & Scroll Mastery +25%/50%/75% damage and healing of your wands, scrolls, and other items that cast spells. Adds +1/2/3 to the save DC's of your offensive wands.
    Love the addition of Wand & Scroll Master and love it in tier 1! This is so nice for heroic reaper questing!

• Obscuring Darkness SLA: You can channel your fiendish nature to manifest a zone of Obscuring Darkness at will. Creatures inside the darkness suffer a 20% chance of missing any attack they make due to concealment. This does not apply to attacking misted targets from outside.10 SP. Lasts 30 seconds. 30 second cooldown.
    Please speed up the casting time of Obscuring Darkness.

• Tier 2
      • Ferocious Rebuke While your Hellish Rebuke is active, enemies that strike you have a chance to be tripped with no save.
      • Infernal Resistance Multiselector. Choose one of:
        • Infernal Resistance (Acid): You gain Acid Resistance equal to your Character Level.
        • Infernal Resistance (Cold): You gain Cold Resistance equal to your Character Level.

• Arcane Defense +2/4/6 Magical Resistance Rating
      • Traditionalist Caster +3/+6/+10 Universal Spell Power when wielding an Orb or Staff.
      • Lasting Darkness Enemies that enter your Obscuring Darkness have a chance to be Blinded with no save.

• Tier 3
      • Scorch SLA: You can cast the spell Scorch as a Spell Like Ability, with its Caster Level based on your Character Level. 8/6/4 SP Cost. 20/15/10 Second Cooldown.
      • Infernal Resistance Multiselector. Choose one of:
        • Infernal Resistance (Acid): You gain Acid Resistance equal to your Character Level.
        • Infernal Resistance (Cold): You gain Cold Resistance equal to your Character Level.

• Incineration +2% Spell Critical Chance with all spells, an additional 2% with Fire spells.
      • Student of Darkness While inside Obscuring Darkness, you gain +1/2/3 to all Saving Throws, +1/2/3 MRR, and +5/10/15 to MRR Cap.

• Tier 4
      • Improved Scorch Enemies affected by your Scorch spell increase Fire damage they take by 5%. When cast on a creature that is immune to Fire, it makes them vulnerable to that element for a short period of time.
      • Infernal Sovereign Multiselector. Choose one of:
        • Infernal Sovereign (Acid): You use your Fire spell power in place of your Acid Spell Power if it is higher.
        • Infernal Sovereign (Cold): You use your Fire spell power in place of your Cold Spell Power if it is higher.
        • Infernal Sovereign (Electric): You use your Fire spell power in place of your Electric Spell Power if it is higher.
    Would like to see an option to also use fire crit chance in place of acid/cold/electric.

• Incineration +2% Spell Critical Chance with all spells, an additional 2% with Fire spells.
    • Servant of Darkness While inside Obscuring Darkness, you gain +10/20/30 Universal Spell Power and +1/2/3 to Evocation and Conjuration DCs.

Currently Known Bugs
    • There are some work in progress animation issues scattered amongst the various weapon styles for male and female. If you find them, please let us know.
    • Bonuses granted while standing in the Obscuring Darkness cloud do not have their short duration reapplied unless you leave and reenter the darkness.
    Overall love it and can't wait!

Community Member

Tieflings have been a favored race of mine for a long time, and overall I love the enhancements (Though some seem OP in comparison to the Dragonborn, the other race with heavy spell focus). I see a heck of a lot of potential with FvS, warlocks, sorcerers, and wizards. I do have one or two suggestions.

Please give the option to choose between Cha and Int. PnP Tieflings have always had Int, not always Cha. 3.5 Forgotten Realms had +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Cha. And in 5e, they still had their Int bonus. Might be as easy as a subrace selector, Abyssal Tieflings vs Infernal, just changing the +stat to Int or Cha with (Acid or Fire respectively, potentially). Or change the cores to give option for Int and Cha, keeping the racial bonus the same. Could even do both and give a Wis penalty, representing the stronger temptation Tieflings have toward Evil. Adding Int as an option, even if it is just the cores, it would give the same boons that the cha classes get to give Wizards some love (also a pass, in general), and potentially Artificers, with the right build.

I'm sure you also recognize the oportunity to equalize the racial bonuses, simply switching Dragonborn to Strength.

Please can you add a no tails toggle and a no horns/ordinary forehead option.
    The pics so far all depict 4e/5e-style monstrosity tieflings (limited and samey), rather than 2e/3e/3.5e tieflings who had a much wider range of looks.
    Tieflings should be able to look everywhere between human and full on hellspawn, rather than be limited by the dictates of bad design/storytelling introduced with 4e.
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

Yeah... Tieflings are going to need to be nerfed on arrival. Super OP...
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call

Quote Originally Posted by glmfw1 View Post
    Please can you add a no tails toggle and a no horns/ordinary forehead option.
    The pics so far all depict 4e/5e-style monstrosity tieflings (limited and samey), rather than 2e/3e/3.5e tieflings who had a much wider range of looks.
    Tieflings should be able to look everywhere between human and full on hellspawn, rather than be limited by the dictates of bad design/storytelling introduced with 4e.
    Yep. Even with the tiny horns they have that...ugly shaped forehead.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast