Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default U41.4 Preview 1: Tiefling

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release. Specific extra disclaimer on the current visual appearance of Tiefling and Tiefling Scoundrel.

First, if you haven't already been there please check out the U41.4 Preview 1 Main thread.

How to Access
    You can access the Tiefling Heroic Eberron Race on the Preview server by speaking to Lord Poincelot in the center of the Test Dojo and then purchasing it in the Lamannia DDO Store.

Description
    The Tiefling is a new full race debuting soon, with its own past lives and totally unique appearance containing custom horns and fully animated tails. Their tails are animated to interact with cloaks without clipping through them, so you'll be able to enjoy the many options for customization without worrying about intersections. The position of the horns on the head, just like Dragonborn, exclude them from the appearance of many helmets that cover their face or brow.

The Tiefling race itself is heavily focused on spellcasting, and both the base race and the iconic revolve around playing with Darkness. While both the heroic Tiefling and the Iconic Tiefling Scoundrel can conjure darkness at will, as they specialize how their darkness effects them will splinter. Tieflings working together will be able to use each other's darkness during fights.

This race involves many new animations for all of DDO's various weapon styles; please let us know where things don't look right.

Base Racial Trait
    • Ability Scores
      • +2 Charisma
    • Feats
      • Infernal Ancestry: You gain Fire Resistance equal to your Character Level. You gain +2 to the Balance skill, as well as a +2 bonus to Saves vs Spells. You have a +2 bonus to hit and damage against Lawful Outsiders and Good Outsiders. You are Immune to Fear.
    • Past Lives
      1. +1 Spellcraft
      2. +1 Charisma
      3. +1 Racial Action Point
    • Where their Journey Begins
      • Tiefling's begin on the beach on Korthos as a level one character of any class you choose.

Enhancement Tree
    • Cores
      1. Bloodhunt Your weapon attacks add 1d4 Fire damage to enemies under 75% HP. This damage scales with 100% Spell Power. Passive: +5 Fire Spell Power.
      2. Charisma +1 Charisma
      3. Bloodhunt Your weapon attacks add an additional 1d6 Fire damage to enemies under 50% HP. This damage scales with 100% Spell Power. Passive: +10 Fire Spell Power.
      4. Charisma +1 Charisma
      5. Bloodhunt Your weapon attacks add an additional 1d8 Fire damage to enemies under 25% HP. This damage scales with 200% Spell Power. Passive: +20 Fire Spell Power.
    • Tier 1
      • Hellish Rebuke SLA: Enveloped in a cloak of infernal flame, you have a chance to deal fire damage to foes that strike you in melee range. Enemies have a chance to take 1d10 Fire Damage +1 per Caster Level. This damage scales with Fire Spell Power. 4 Minute Duration. 12 Second Cooldown.
      • Infernal Nature +1/2/3 Bluff, Diplomacy and Balance
      • Saves +1/2/3 Saves vs. Spells
      • Wand & Scroll Mastery +25%/50%/75% damage and healing of your wands, scrolls, and other items that cast spells. Adds +1/2/3 to the save DC's of your offensive wands.
      • Obscuring Darkness SLA: You can channel your fiendish nature to manifest a zone of Obscuring Darkness at will. Creatures inside the darkness suffer a 20% chance of missing any attack they make due to concealment. This does not apply to attacking misted targets from outside.10 SP. Lasts 30 seconds. 30 second cooldown.
    • Tier 2
      • Ferocious Rebuke While your Hellish Rebuke is active, enemies that strike you have a chance to be tripped with no save.
      • Infernal Resistance Multiselector. Choose one of:
        • Infernal Resistance (Acid): You gain Acid Resistance equal to your Character Level.
        • Infernal Resistance (Cold): You gain Cold Resistance equal to your Character Level.
      • Arcane Defense +2/4/6 Magical Resistance Rating
      • Traditionalist Caster +3/+6/+10 Universal Spell Power when wielding an Orb or Staff.
      • Lasting Darkness Enemies that enter your Obscuring Darkness have a chance to be Blinded with no save.
    • Tier 3
      • Scorch SLA: You can cast the spell Scorch as a Spell Like Ability, with its Caster Level based on your Character Level. 8/6/4 SP Cost. 20/15/10 Second Cooldown.
      • Infernal Resistance Multiselector. Choose one of:
        • Infernal Resistance (Acid): You gain Acid Resistance equal to your Character Level.
        • Infernal Resistance (Cold): You gain Cold Resistance equal to your Character Level.
      • Incineration +2% Spell Critical Chance with all spells, an additional 2% with Fire spells.
      • Student of Darkness While inside Obscuring Darkness, you gain +1/2/3 to all Saving Throws, +1/2/3 MRR, and +5/10/15 to MRR Cap.
    • Tier 4
      • Improved Scorch Enemies affected by your Scorch spell increase Fire damage they take by 5%. When cast on a creature that is immune to Fire, it makes them vulnerable to that element for a short period of time.
      • Infernal Sovereign Multiselector. Choose one of:
        • Infernal Sovereign (Acid): You use your Fire spell power in place of your Acid Spell Power if it is higher.
        • Infernal Sovereign (Cold): You use your Fire spell power in place of your Cold Spell Power if it is higher.
        • Infernal Sovereign (Electric): You use your Fire spell power in place of your Electric Spell Power if it is higher.
      • Incineration +2% Spell Critical Chance with all spells, an additional 2% with Fire spells.
      • Servant of Darkness While inside Obscuring Darkness, you gain +10/20/30 Universal Spell Power and +1/2/3 to Evocation and Conjuration DCs.

Currently Known Bugs
    • There are some work in progress animation issues scattered amongst the various weapon styles for male and female. If you find them, please let us know.
    • Bonuses granted while standing in the Obscuring Darkness cloud do not have their short duration reapplied unless you leave and reenter the darkness.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 02-26-2019 at 05:12 PM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Why a 3rd CHR race when we haven't gotten two STR races yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom2112 View Post
    Cuz Sorcs need luv too

Because Warlocks need to be made OP again
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 33, 77. Ozzbad 35, 36, 9, 25, 53. Ozzugly 39, 36, 15, 33, 93. EvilOzz 33, 36, 6, 12, 34. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial
    Reaper Points

Because the loudest shrills on the forums were for Tiefling?
    Dedicated Teams: be part of a larger community.
    You never hear anyone say: "Yeah, but it's a dry cold."
    Adventurers never forget. Adventurers still hate Coyle!

Damn right sorcs need luv

The no str is kinda lame for sum peeps

What good is fire stuffs most common champ give em litning maybe to synergize with there sonic

Dude locks aint op any fvs can smoke em n sorc 3 cls matter n fast cast
    Last edited by mr420247; 02-26-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    Damonz Cannith

Community Member

Im really trying hard to be excited about a potential sorc race, but with the state as it is right now, they arent really high skull viable as damage casters.

Can we expect a arcane proper spell pass or a sorc savant tree rework with sham?

Seems like a waste to release a race that is niche and flavorish which cant really be utilized in high end content

Is it possible to change the cores, on spell casts as well?
    Last edited by Kebtid; 02-26-2019 at 07:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    There is no shortage of content in this game for the weakest 5% of players.

For most content, they have three difficulties designed solely for them, Casual, Normal and Hard.

I only looked at the female Tieflings since that is what I will eventually have to suffer through.

Your artist nailed the demonic look, especially the ones with sharp features, huge horns, and long chins. All variations look suitably ugly.

The tail designs are really well done for demonic beings.

The new hair styles for female Tieflings are fantastic. It is a pity they are completely wasted on such an ugly race. You people must really enjoy frustrating your players. Anyway, if you want to make some money, sell all these new hair styles in the Game Store for Humans as permanent skills.

If you wish to take pity on those of us who have zero desire to play a Tiefling, please include:
    An option for normal eyes. Aasimar included such an option.
    An option for no horns and a normal brow line
    An option for no tail.

I have zero hope of any changes but that is my feedback. I wish there was an option to skip races and classes I hate but this is DDO, the game that requires you to play characters you hate and destroy characters you like to progress. :/
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish you all many happy adventures! Good bye!

Well the fiend-locks are going to be happy. Could also see it working nicely with EK.

Be nice of int was at least a choice for the enhancements. Aren't PnP Tieflings +2 CHA +2 INT? Making it exclusively CHA feels like it pushes out some interesting class combos (even if really the +2 or even +4 aren't that big a deal)
    Sabathal and Sabbathiel of Sarlona

Community Member

Cause we do have 2 strength races, Half-Orc and Dragonborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    If you wish to take pity on those of us who have zero desire to play a Tiefling, please include:

An option for normal eyes. Aasimar included such an option.
    An option for no horns and a normal brow line
    An option for no tail.
    I agree. Providing character options to remove the Tiefling's tail and horns should be included, as this will be sticking point for a number of players if not offered in character creation. Otherwise, both the Iconic and standard Tieflings look great - truly demonic.

Smile Aesthetic feedback : Image Intensive

I also only looked at the creation options for female tiefling base and iconic just in case there were any differences.

• Excellent number and variety of horn options.
    • Incredible and fantastic range of hair colors.
    • Eight new female hairstyles! Eight! Why didn't Aasimar get as much love?
    • Decent variety of tail options small and large, with and without jewelry.
    • Tail animation is perfect.

Questions & Suggestions:
    • Would it be possible to get just a little space on the skin tone map that gave a pinker, leaning toward magenta skin tone that suited a succubus ancestor?
    • Maybe tail options with some tattoos? The tattoo color could match hair.
    • Please make some of the tiefling hairstyles cosmetically available in the store, eventually.
    • Is it 5th edition cannon that tieflings no longer have pupils and irises? Can we just get a few eye options with such? As it is the eye options just look far too much alike.
    • Please eventually make additional colors of the tiefling iconic cloak and hat available. The current colors are red. Typical of the quintessential tiefling I suppose. Seriously the artist/designer of those threads (including the armor) should get a pat on the back and donuts. But as much as I love them, I really wish I could have/purchase them in a different color. I'd like mine in violet or hot pink but I'm sure there are people that would want them in black or blue.

Its just such an awesome set, I'd like to see it given a selection... even if I'd have to pay extra for the color I want.

Iconic Duds:

Where Iconic Duds could be colored differently and made into store cosmetics:
    (Yellow arrows)

Hot Pink, approximate tone I'd like, and where it could be added:

Ancestor I'd like to claim:

I'm so grateful this hair color is finally available on a race other than just drow/elf:

All in all I want to hug someone, I'm so delighted with the quality and selection.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

I like the selection of horns as well. However, it would be nice if the male Tieflings could have some options for those bony bump things under "facial hair" without actually having facial hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wise fwom ur gwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipparan View Post
    I like the selection of horns as well. However, it would be nice if the male Tieflings could have some options for those bony bump things under "facial hair" without actually having facial hair.
    Hmm that reminds me, my hubby took a look at male tieflings and complained there wasn't an option for both horns badly broken or a partially chopped off tail. He wanted to make a very battle-experienced tiefling who had seen the rougher side of life. Did males have any scar options? I don't think females did.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Here come the complaints... but also positive sides... I guess.

Tieflings +COMPLIMENTS+
    It's a new race, more of an option for racial points - that's not an issue.
    ... idk..

Tieflings -COMPLAINTS-
    As stated before in this thread. We already have two Charisma for past lives, where is the strength - can the dragon born be switched around? Do you have plans to add a strength race so it's +2 to strength with lives instead of +1?
    Why are you giving Tieflings fire bonuses if it's a bard related class for the scoundrel? You trying to upgrade Sorcerer even further? Sorcerers are blowing through R6 heroics like it's candy already, no reason to upgrade it.
    Why are they only +2 to charisma with no positives or negatives?
    What is the goal with Tieflings you are trying to pursue?
    last one..
    Why the **** did WoTC agree to this?

This is a complaint from someone who hates these updates but loves this game. I sure hope you don't plan to make the highest package 150.00+ because we just spent 300.00 on your ****** deal you call 'Season Pass'

Lots of love,
    | Dyzihk
    "A child's eyes light up when they see their Grandpa."

Nice racial tree!
    Seems really good.

Suggestion- scars, tail/horn damaged
    - no tail/ horn at all
    - hood / cloak that cover tail horn

Thanks for listening. 9/10 plz make it 10/10 :-)

Community Member

Can we get green and/or blue skin tone for Tiefling? Purple too. I don't remember purple.

Also this is more about the Iconic, but you need to get that body cosmetic to fit on everyone else and sell it in the store. It's amazing.

I got the base Tiefling as a grand slam right now. It'd be the greatest thing in human history if we get green, blue, and purple skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Enhancement Tree

Cores
    1. Bloodhunt Your weapon attacks add 1d4 Fire damage to enemies under 75% HP. This damage scales with 100% Spell Power. Passive: +5 Fire Spell Power.
    2. Charisma +1 Charisma
    3. Bloodhunt Your weapon attacks add an additional 1d6 Fire damage to enemies under 50% HP. This damage scales with 100% Spell Power. Passive: +10 Fire Spell Power.
    4. Charisma +1 Charisma
    5. Bloodhunt Your weapon attacks add an additional 1d8 Fire damage to enemies under 25% HP. This damage scales with 200% Spell Power. Passive: +20 Fire Spell Power.
    Bloodhunt, is that 1 to 18 (scaling), 3 to 18 (scaling), or 3 separate (scaling) damage rolls?

Tier 1
    • Hellish Rebuke SLA: Enveloped in a cloak of infernal flame, you have a chance to deal fire damage to foes that strike you in melee range. Enemies have a chance to take 1d10 Fire Damage +1 per Caster Level. This damage scales with Fire Spell Power. 4 Minute Duration. 12 Second Cooldown.
    • Infernal Nature +1/2/3 Bluff, Diplomacy and Balance
    • Saves +1/2/3 Saves vs. Spells
    • Wand & Scroll Mastery +25%/50%/75% damage and healing of your wands, scrolls, and other items that cast spells. Adds +1/2/3 to the save DC's of your offensive wands.
    • Obscuring Darkness SLA: You can channel your fiendish nature to manifest a zone of Obscuring Darkness at will. Creatures inside the darkness suffer a 20% chance of missing any attack they make due to concealment. This does not apply to attacking misted targets from outside.10 SP. Lasts 30 seconds. 30 second cooldown.
    Hellish Rebuke states, "1d10 Fire Damage +1 per Cater Level"
    Because this is a racial ability should that be changed to Character Level? Or was this a balance concern?
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Just a flat +2 cha? So you guys are flat out abandoning the "if you have a bonus stat, you get a compensating penalty stat" for player races now?

Drow need to be updated to be the same number of build points as the other races, then. First Dragonborn, then Aasimar, now this. Also, this feels a lot like Dragonborn 2.0, Even More Betterer. They get a breath weapon with UNLIMITED charges (scorch) AND an aura! Up to THREE massive elemental resistance boosts. No dex penalty. Even MORE boosts to spell damage. TWO spell DC's instead of just ONE. AND a weapon imbue. AND wand and scroll mastery. AND a defensive cloud effect.

This is getting RIDICULOUS. There are CLASS trees without so many goodies in them. There are EPIC DESTINIES that don't give casters this much good stuff.
    Last edited by PsychoBlonde; 02-27-2019 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Bloodhunt, is that 1 to 18 (scaling), 3 to 18 (scaling), or 3 separate (scaling) damage rolls?
    Since they have different thresholds I'm going to assume it's like Sense Weakness and they're separate damage rolls entirely.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast