Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scut207 View Post
    TWF( lots of ways to do this) or SWF (Bastard Sword and Orb) THF is a no go for Spellsword... doesnt proc on glancing. So you want fast and often.

    look up the wiki for rare arcane scrolls choose those first. Everything else can be bought in The Hole... you can buy a teleport scroll from the guild vendor in house K. You can buy the inscription materials from the vendor in the hole as well.
    I dont doubt you that there is lots of ways to do it. But because im a newbie, i have no idea how. Would you mind giving me a link? or just write down what sohuld i change from this build to get the result you mentioned? Both of them sounds cool

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sendiedis View Post
    I dont doubt you that there is lots of ways to do it. But because im a newbie, i have no idea how. Would you mind giving me a link? or just write down what sohuld i change from this build to get the result you mentioned? Both of them sounds cool

    Newbie with a join date of 2014? OK... google DDO wiki. in the search bar Two weapon fighting (needs dex); Single Weapon fighting(needs balance)

    improved and greater and perfect all have different requirements... balance you can spend skill points on, its prob too late to do twf if you dumped dex in the build and dont have tomes to get you to 19 dex, but you can take perfect twf as an epic feat if you have a primal ED done...

    what style weapons you choose is up to you, Bludgeon, pierce, slash each cost a feat

    do you want kopeshes thats gonna cost you a feat.

    Knights training and keep your options open, thats a feat

    do you have ravenloft? did you do all the quests on elite? if so Grats! now you have Vistani Knife Fighter. you can do SWF daggers or you can duel wield if you put points in dex or have a tome.

    theres way too many permutations of how you get there.

    If you want to min max DDO requires research, and this is the wrong build. If your just playing to have fun don't sweat it, follow the build suggestions of Strimtom and have fun, but sub in swf for twf, this build is great, but its not noob friendly... if you started already and you want to get the most out of the character, its probably easier to do SWF at this point unless you put a lot of points at creation in dex and or have the tomes to get you to 19 dex.
    Last edited by scut207; 04-08-2019 at 11:48 AM.

  3. #23
    Community Member Anoregon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    122

    Default

    I have a question regarding playing this as SWF with an orb - is going longsword/battle axe with the Knight's training feat perfectly viable, or are you still going to want to go with Khopesh? Going bastard sword for the THF-style cleave is less appealing to me because I'd rather just actually go THF in that case, and I don't have any chars with high enough tomes to get my strength up for all the relevant feats while maxing int/con.

  4. #24
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    I have a question regarding playing this as SWF with an orb - is going longsword/battle axe with the Knight's training feat perfectly viable, or are you still going to want to go with Khopesh? Going bastard sword for the THF-style cleave is less appealing to me because I'd rather just actually go THF in that case, and I don't have any chars with high enough tomes to get my strength up for all the relevant feats while maxing int/con.
    Independent of itemization, Battle Axe is potentially the best choice due to Legendary Dreadnought's Headman's Chop.

    In terms of Knight's Training vs. Khopesh, the more efficient feat is Knight's Training since it allows you multiple decent weapons options rather than pigeonholing you into a single weapon type.

    For itemization, it varies. Right now the choice is between a melee power-stacking Long Sword and a vulnerability-stacking Khopesh with no particularly good Battle Axe options.

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    164

    Default

    I've been doing this life as a Deep Gnome Enchanter/illusionist, and I don't have the WPM longsword yet. I did Khopesh until 30, then swapped the feat to Knight's Training so I could play with Whelm. Whelm is often kind of underwhelming... heh... but the Morninglord's Longsword seems to work great.

    I am almost never *in* my Knights Transformation stance, even though it gives me a lot of perks, because the loss of range while speeding through dungeons tends to be a bigger hinderance than a help. I flip into Knights Transformation when we fight bosses or get into static locales, but mostly, I need to be able to toss a Mass Hold at range and then close to fight. I should probably just hotkey the damn toggle and get agile about it.

    Anyway, Khopesh was good but I don't see it as significantly outperforming my other weapons, and I like the versatility.

    Also, I don't know why anyone would play Archmage when Eldritch Knight can do everything an Archmage can do and also kick the snot out of mobs in melee. I was never able to solo past Epic Hard on my Archmage builds, but I recently solo'd White Plume Mountain's last fight on R1 and that's a first for me. EK is just superior to all other builds once you can slot Cocoon in for self-healing.

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    38

    Default Split

    Quote Originally Posted by Montegue View Post
    I've been doing this life as a Deep Gnome Enchanter/illusionist, and I don't have the WPM longsword yet. I did Khopesh until 30, then swapped the feat to Knight's Training so I could play with Whelm. Whelm is often kind of underwhelming... heh... but the Morninglord's Longsword seems to work great.

    I am almost never *in* my Knights Transformation stance, even though it gives me a lot of perks, because the loss of range while speeding through dungeons tends to be a bigger hinderance than a help. I flip into Knights Transformation when we fight bosses or get into static locales, but mostly, I need to be able to toss a Mass Hold at range and then close to fight. I should probably just hotkey the damn toggle and get agile about it.

    Anyway, Khopesh was good but I don't see it as significantly outperforming my other weapons, and I like the versatility.

    Also, I don't know why anyone would play Archmage when Eldritch Knight can do everything an Archmage can do and also kick the snot out of mobs in melee. I was never able to solo past Epic Hard on my Archmage builds, but I recently solo'd White Plume Mountain's last fight on R1 and that's a first for me. EK is just superior to all other builds once you can slot Cocoon in for self-healing.
    Whats your enhancement split for your ek.

  7. #27
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    38

    Default newbie friendly

    Quote Originally Posted by sendiedis View Post
    I dont doubt you that there is lots of ways to do it. But because im a newbie, i have no idea how. Would you mind giving me a link? or just write down what sohuld i change from this build to get the result you mentioned? Both of them sounds cool
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-Bladesingers

  8. #28
    Community Member Anoregon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hjarki View Post
    Independent of itemization, Battle Axe is potentially the best choice due to Legendary Dreadnought's Headman's Chop.

    In terms of Knight's Training vs. Khopesh, the more efficient feat is Knight's Training since it allows you multiple decent weapons options rather than pigeonholing you into a single weapon type.

    For itemization, it varies. Right now the choice is between a melee power-stacking Long Sword and a vulnerability-stacking Khopesh with no particularly good Battle Axe options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montegue View Post

    Anyway, Khopesh was good but I don't see it as significantly outperforming my other weapons, and I like the versatility.
    Sounds good, thanks for the info. I too prefer the versatility of Knight's training, even if things are never equal when it comes to itemization.

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LawLessk View Post
    Whats your enhancement split for your ek.
    12 Deep Gnome
    44 Eldritch
    24 Harper

    (Basicallly, the spread in Eldritch listed here. I don't do Medium armor because I just can't quit my Beacon of Magic set bonus)

    Deep Gnome for Illusion bonus and Color Spray

    Harper for all the INT buffs, Int to Damage, Know the Angles, and some other odds and ends.

    My feats are not ideal - I have perfect SWF and I think that's probably a wasted slot, for example.

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Why Arcane Insight at 21? why not overwhelming crit?

  11. #31
    Community Member Requiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atronos_The_Titan View Post
    Why Arcane Insight at 21? why not overwhelming crit?
    Probably to be useful in R10.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Player remembers. Player never forgets.
    I'm not native speaker

  12. #32
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Requiro View Post
    Probably to be useful in R10.
    Well considering I don run r10s or high reapers, won't take that if i build this. At most I do an r5 or 6 and thats when i get the luck to run with a good group.

  13. #33
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    164

    Default

    So, I was tempted to try a SWF outfit with a respec into Vistani for some dagger action.

    Can anyone confirm that the increased speed of daggers would cover in Spellsword damage what is lost by the lower weapon damage? Also, do spellsword attacks proc from offhand swings, and if so, is there a world in which dual wield could produce high damage over time?

  14. #34
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Montegue View Post
    So, I was tempted to try a SWF outfit with a respec into Vistani for some dagger action.

    Can anyone confirm that the increased speed of daggers would cover in Spellsword damage what is lost by the lower weapon damage? Also, do spellsword attacks proc from offhand swings, and if so, is there a world in which dual wield could produce high damage over time?
    There is some good information in these threads:

    -Yet-another-thread-on-the-EK

    Quote Originally Posted by Hjarki View Post
    It depends on your Doublestrike.

    Unaided TWF attacks 100% on-hand/80% off-hand. With PTWF, The floor for Doublestrike is somewhere around 20%/5% for our Eldritch Knight. At that level, you're attacking 2.04 times per cycle. In comparison, the normalized attack rate for SWF would be 1.56 times per cycle. Even though the individual SWF attacks are much better, you're theoretically getting enough extra physical attacks and enough extra Spellsword damage that TWF comes out the clear winner.

    Raise that main hand Doublestrike to cap and you're looking at 2.84 vs. 2.6. At that point, SWF is doing better physical damage and the addition of the off-hand Orb means you're probably doing better magical damage as well. You can also grab Improved Shield Bash and your SWF attack rate will probably be higher than your TWF attack rate.
    -EK-Weapon-Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Hjarki View Post
    In any case, my suspicion is that both are a terrible choice compared to daggers due to two factors:

    1. There are awesome daggers at every level including cap. In contrast, Bastard Swords, Dwarven Axes, Khopeshes, Long Swords and Battle Axes are a bit thinner on the ground.

    2. Daggers are supported by the Vistani tree.

    #2 is actually a pretty big deal when you consider both leveling and your endgame gearing concerns.

    While leveling, your Daggers are almost immediately 20% (maybe 25% - have to recheck) better than any other weapon you can use in terms of attack rate due to the extra doublestrike. While this merely digs the Daggers out of a hole with the physical damage, it directly multiplies your magical damage. In endgame, where you can conceivably hit the doublestrike cap, Vistani means that you can gear Beacon of Magic rather than Silent Avenger (bolstering your save DC and ramping up your magical damage).
    Im not sure whats new with Sharn that would be good for this build though.

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    87

    Default

    43EK-1AM(MM SLA)-12Harper-24VKF

    is where I think the sweet spot for someone who is trying to get the max number of hits with Spell-sword die, I am sure there are other ways. but with T4 VKF and PTWF its where its at.

    maybe skippin harper all together and go 43-1-36, which gets you 10% more haste at the cost of Int to DMG.

    I dont know the math on that.
    Last edited by scut207; 05-02-2019 at 11:58 AM.

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1

    Default Need to shave off 7 AP from build- suggestions?

    I don't have the racial past lives so will only have 80 AP to allocate. Any suggestions for what to give up to reach this number? Thanks.



    Quote Originally Posted by Strimtom View Post
    Hello, and welcome to my breakdown of the Eldritch Knight for wizards!

    If you want a video explaining my thoughts on the character and current build should you look no further than here!

    Let's start with some frequently asked questions.

    How much better is the revamp?

    The difference is night and day. Previously, 80% of the stuff in the EK tree could be gathered by taking 1 level of fighter. Additionally, there was no synergy with spells and in fact the tree reduced your casting ability with Tenser's transformation.

    The revamped tree has scaling elemental damage on hit, synergies between casting spells and melee attacks, incentives to weave spells in between hits, cool unique abilities, and increased casting ability with the sacrifice of being in melee.

    Oh yeah and like 4x as much damage. This tree went from something you use to get 10% bonus AC from the mage armour enhancement to something you consider on almost every kind of wizard or sorcerer.

    Is EK good for levelling?

    Absolutely. Wizards routinely struggle with spellpoint issues during the levelling process, and EK alleviates this issue with attacks that don't cost any spellpoints to empower. The added damage from the Spellsword enhancements might be small at first, but even a little spellpower makes it much stronger. The tree grants access to armour and a lot of universal spellpower allowing a large variety of spells available as
    well as good access to defensive armour and shields for the levelling process.

    I personally played as warforged and I never ran into issues while levelling on reaper mode. For those squishies out there, you may desire to dip into the pale master tree for levelling (depending on the difficulty you play on).

    Is EK good for epics?

    Absolutely! Once you reach epics you get access to so many new options and being able to level with magister or draconic incarnation without sacrificing your melee powers is amazing. It's also super fun to just
    jam level 9 spells while swinging your sword around. I feel like epics really hits that level of class fantasy you want with Eldritch Knight.

    Depending on your available gear and past lives, jumping into epic elite or reaper in epics might be a bit difficult, but the damage from spellsword is noticeable large once you hit level 20, dealing almost 200
    damage per strike as well as your base weapon damage/effects.

    Is EK good for end-game?

    Yes and no.

    Can you build an EK who can act as your CC/instakiller? Yes and the additional damage from spellsword and your spells will give you value against monsters traditionally immune to physical damage on high
    difficulty like elementals.

    Can you build and EK who does monstrous R10 DPS? No, you cannot. EK is going to land like 30% behind monk in terms of DPS, especially because some monsters with higher elemental resistances can cause major issues for your dps. This is due to how damage is calculated in this game. Flat reductions/increases are applied first, then percentage based increases. As a result, if you have a monster with 30 fire resistance, you need to do more than 30 fire damage before you calculate spellpower or your damage is reduced to 0, which is why you sometimes see those weird white 0s show up. This means that for raiding purposes against monsters like the shadows of hate from Strahd you will find yourself dealing 0 damage most of the time, regardless of spellpower. Until this calculation is changed, I do not recommend EK for DPS since you can't penetrate elemental resistance in R10 or hard raids.

    It's viable for endgame and raiding, but you just need to understand what your character is doing. Your role in R10 should be as crowd control first and foremost, with decent DPS on the back end, with enough
    defensive to take a few hits. This isn't to say you can't spec all in on dps, but be aware that you will find issues killing mobs fast enough in R7+.

    The trade is being able to cast spells are range vs 25% more HP and more DCs as well as melee dps. Figure out what fits for your playstyle as opposed to the standard CC/instakill wizard.

    My build


    Strimtom's Eldritch Knight
    Wizard 20
    True Neutral Warforged

    I chose warforged because it made self healing a non-issue and really tightened the whole experience. 10/10, def the best option for levelling and reincarnating.

    Stats
    . . . . . . . .28pt . . 32pt. . .36pt . . Tome . . Level Up
    . . . . . . . .---- . . ----. . .---- . . ----. . .--------
    Strength. . . . 10. . . . 8 . . . .8. . . .+6. . . .4: INT
    Dexterity . . . .8. . . . 8 . . . .8. . . .+6. . . .8: INT
    Constitution. . 18. . . .20 . . . 20. . . .+6. . . 12: INT
    Intelligence. . 18. . . .18 . . . 18. . . .+6. . . 16: INT
    Wisdom. . . . . .6. . . . 6 . . . 10. . . .+6. . . 20: INT
    Charisma. . . . .6. . . . 6 . . . .6. . . .+6. . . 24: INT
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .28: INT


    The stats are fairly straight forward. INT and CON are really all you need, with some strength for good measure. Rest of stats are dump stats. You can use wisdom if you would consider using mass frog.

    Skills
    . . . . . 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    Concent . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Repair. . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Spellcr . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Balance . 2. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. 11½
    UMD . . . 2. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. 11½
    Search. . 2. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. . .11
    Swim. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1. 1. 1. 1½ 1½ 1½ 1½ 2. 11
    Haggle. . . . . . .½ .½ .½ .½ .1 .1 .1 .1 .1½ ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. . .11
    Jump. . . . .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .1 .10
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    . . . . .24. 7. 7. 8. 8. 8. 8. 9. 9. 9. 9 10 10 10 10 11 11 11 11 11


    Basic skills. Spellcraft, UMD, Balance. The rest are flavour.

    Feats

    .1. . . . : Shield Proficiency
    .1 Wizard : Spell Focus: Evocation
    .3. . . . : Completionist
    .5 Wizard : Quicken Spell
    .6. . . . : Past Life: Wizard
    .9. . . . : Shield Mastery
    10 Wizard : Spell Focus: Enchantment
    12. . . . : Adamantine Body
    15. . . . : Knight's Training
    15 Wizard : Mental Toughness
    18. . . . : Improved Critical: Slashing
    20 Wizard : Improved Mental Toughness
    21 Epic . : Arcane Insight
    24 Epic . : Embolden Spell
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic . : Insightful Reflexes
    28 Destiny: Perfect Two Handed Fighting
    29 Destiny: Dire Charge
    30 Epic . : Improved Shield Mastery
    30 Legend : Scion of: Feywild

    This is for a shield using Eldritch Knight. The feats are much more forgiving for a Single weapon fighter EK. If you don't have completionist or past life wizard, take greater spell focus for enchantment and evocation instead.

    Enhancements (80+7 AP)

    Eldritch Knight (Wizard) (42 AP)
    • Eldritch Strike, Spellsword, Imbue the Blade, Subtle Force, Subtle Force II, Eldritch Blade
      1. Improved Mage Armor III, Arcane Siphon III, Toughness II
      2. Improved Shield III, Spellpower Boost III
      3. Eldritch Accuracy, Synergetic Magic, Intelligence
      4. Knight's Transformation, Shield Striking III, Force's Point
      5. Improved Knight's Transformation, Knight's Controller, Force's Edge, Eldritch Tempest III

    Harper Agent (22 AP)
    • Agent of Good I, Intelligence, Agent of Good II
      1. Harper Enchantment, Traveler's Toughness III
      2. Magical Endurance III, Know the Angles III
      3. Highly Skilled I, Strategic Combat, Intelligence
      4. Intelligence

    Warforged (12 AP)
    • Improved Fortification, Warforged Constitution, Improved Fortification II, Warforged Constitution II
      1. Mechanist III, Construct Toughness
      2. (none)
      3. +15 Melee and Range Power

    Archmage (11 AP)
    • Jump
      1. Subtle Spellcasting I, Wand and Scroll Mastery III
      2. Efficient Quicken III


    For enhancements, we are going straight in for all the good stuff out of eldritch knight. I didn't take some of the defensives like MRR or armor feats since warforged gets adamantine body to supersede this. Harper is used for intelligence, archmage is used to reduce the cost of quicken spell which will always be active.

    Destiny (24 AP)

    Draconic Incarnation
    1. Energy Sheath: Electricity III, Intelligence
    2. Out with bang: Electricity III, Precise: Evocation II, Intelligence
    3. Dragon Heritage: Black I, Intelligence
    4. Energy Burst: Acid III, Spell Knowledge I, Intelligence
    5. Dragon Breath
    6. Energy Vortex: Acid

    Twists of Fate (20 fate points)
    1. School Specialist: Enchantment (Tier 2 Magister)
    2. Legendary Shield Mastery (Tier 2 Sentinel)
    3. Endless Faith (Tier 1 Exalted)
    4. Intelligence (Tier 1 Magister)
    5. Intelligence (Tier 1 Shadowdancer)


    I like going into draconic for epics because it just has that fun factor. You get a good amount of intelligence and a lot of good spells, really helps solidify the burst damage. Passively, with feats, enhancements, ship buffs, and destiny abilities you manage to rock 27% double strike without factoring items which is awesome.

    GEAR

    Head: Pansophic Circlet
    Neck: Kindred Pendant
    Trinket: Echo of Ravenkind
    Cloak: Phase Cloak
    Belt: Burnscar Sash belt
    Ring#1: Legendary Band of Insightful Commands
    Ring#2: Legendary Spinneret
    Gloves: Legendary Blurfingered Gloves
    Boots: Slavelords (Strength - Accuracy - UMD - Quality Con?)
    Bracers: Lorefueled Pack Banner
    Chest: Legendary Memory of Fine Regalia
    Goggles: Cannith Crafted (Necromancy Focus 6, Insightful Evocation 3, Insightful Int +7)
    Weapon: soulrazor
    Shield: Giants Platter for defense.
    Filigree (All rare):
    Otto: +1 Int, PRR, MRR, Spellpower (+1 int, 14MRR, 5PRR, +200
    SP, +2 all dcs)
    Beholder: +1 Int, MRR, Spellpower, +2 Int (+3 int, 9MRR, 2PRR, 10
    spellpower, +1 spell pen, +2 dcs)

    There we have it, the wizard.

    If you have any questions, do let me know and I will do my best to answer or add details. I will be adding a second SWF build in the future when I have more time to this post. Thank you and drive safe.

  17. #37
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Super curious what folks think about new gear setups now that U42 stuff is becoming more common. The artifacts and other Nearly Done items present a lot of opportunities to mix and match stuff, not to mention new set bonuses and the like. Currently I'm trying to pull the Legendary Aetherbands to finish that gear set (seems right up my alley) to replace the Beacon of Magic set that's sort of been holding me back, gear-wise.

    I'm still basically swinging the Nightmother's Scepter full time, and rarely find myself space to swap in and out of Knight's stance. Honestly at this point I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to just dip into the EK tree to get spellsword damage and some other odds and ends, and do Archmage for DCs and SLAs, since *in the moment* I don't do stay primarily in close combat, but cast at range and then swing my stick when things are locked down.

  18. #38
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default New Gear question

    Any idea how you would work out the new sharn gear with this build?

    I tried a gnome EK a couple of times and it was fun. After running sharn quests a bunch of times I was trying to figure out the gear tetris for this build. Biggest issue is that the minor artifact you would use for wiz is a necklace and that eliminates the kindred pendant. Now I had to switch out nightmother's scepter every time I want to cast hold monster. Also I was wondering if I should farm out the belt with the heal amp over the burnscar sash for thurmingcord spark. I was really disappointed to see the mark IV medium armor have repair amp instead of heal amp. It would be perfect for EK with the heal amp. I will try the EK again though now when I get to my warforged life. The arcsteel set should be very powerful for a WF EK.

  19. #39
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reilia View Post
    Any idea how you would work out the new sharn gear with this build?

    I tried a gnome EK a couple of times and it was fun. After running sharn quests a bunch of times I was trying to figure out the gear tetris for this build. Biggest issue is that the minor artifact you would use for wiz is a necklace and that eliminates the kindred pendant. Now I had to switch out nightmother's scepter every time I want to cast hold monster. Also I was wondering if I should farm out the belt with the heal amp over the burnscar sash for thurmingcord spark. I was really disappointed to see the mark IV medium armor have repair amp instead of heal amp. It would be perfect for EK with the heal amp. I will try the EK again though now when I get to my warforged life. The arcsteel set should be very powerful for a WF EK.
    I'm not using Nightmother's.


    I use the Arcsteel set (gives medium armor benefits, and Artifact bonus of 4 int and 3 DC. Furthermore, between that set, the artifact necklace, and the Legendary Mistfallen (+4 Quality Spell focus) you have what you need if you go SWF instead of shield. Arcsteel also bumps your electric damage, so if you have Thrummingspark Cord you can use that and ice damage to great effect in sharn runs and the raid. Now, if the problem is filigrees in your sentient gem on the Nightmother's, that makes sense. I swapped mine out to the little Legendary Moonwilliow (since I no longer needed the bonuses off the Nightmother scepter) and it's done pretty great so far. I had to replace my filigrees but they were not super hard to replace - I had a lot of Ottos and Beholder in my bag.


    This is my current setup -

    Armor - Legendary Mark IV w
    Eyes - Legendary Dusk Lenses
    Head - Legendary Arcsteel Brim
    Neck - Zar'ashak Ward
    Trinket - Legendary Symbol of the Slave Lords (I know...)
    Back - Legendary Phase Cloak (qual int)
    Hands - Legendary Attunement Gauntlets
    Waist - Legendary Burnscar Sash (I am acid-focused)
    Finger 1 - Legendary Celestial Sapphire w/Constitution
    Finger 2 - Shattered Onyx w Insightful int
    Weapon - Legendary Moonwillow w all my filigrees and Ruby of Adamantine (for construct DR pierce)
    Orb - Legendary Mistfallen
    Boots - Legendary Flightfoot Greaves (I have the Stone boots for Acid perks, but I have a hard time quitting the melee haste and FoM, and don't have another source for it).

  20. #40
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Montegue View Post
    I'm not using Nightmother's.


    I use the Arcsteel set (gives medium armor benefits, and Artifact bonus of 4 int and 3 DC. Furthermore, between that set, the artifact necklace, and the Legendary Mistfallen (+4 Quality Spell focus) you have what you need if you go SWF instead of shield. Arcsteel also bumps your electric damage, so if you have Thrummingspark Cord you can use that and ice damage to great effect in sharn runs and the raid. Now, if the problem is filigrees in your sentient gem on the Nightmother's, that makes sense. I swapped mine out to the little Legendary Moonwilliow (since I no longer needed the bonuses off the Nightmother scepter) and it's done pretty great so far. I had to replace my filigrees but they were not super hard to replace - I had a lot of Ottos and Beholder in my bag.


    This is my current setup -

    Armor - Legendary Mark IV w
    Eyes - Legendary Dusk Lenses
    Head - Legendary Arcsteel Brim
    Neck - Zar'ashak Ward
    Trinket - Legendary Symbol of the Slave Lords (I know...)
    Back - Legendary Phase Cloak (qual int)
    Hands - Legendary Attunement Gauntlets
    Waist - Legendary Burnscar Sash (I am acid-focused)
    Finger 1 - Legendary Celestial Sapphire w/Constitution
    Finger 2 - Shattered Onyx w Insightful int
    Weapon - Legendary Moonwillow w all my filigrees and Ruby of Adamantine (for construct DR pierce)
    Orb - Legendary Mistfallen
    Boots - Legendary Flightfoot Greaves (I have the Stone boots for Acid perks, but I have a hard time quitting the melee haste and FoM, and don't have another source for it).
    I was using the Ruby ring. It has ghostly, accuracy and stunning which is good for dire charge. Most of my filigrees are in my minor artifact so I'm not married to a weapon yet. I'm running vanguard pali now but I'll switch back to EK when I get to my WF lives (want to get a few more APs first). I have the arcsteel set with the docent (haven't gotten the armor yet) so at least I'll have the repair amp covered. Hopefully the new epic destinies will be out by then so magister will be worth it. Also those new raid goggles will be out that have the spell focus/insightful spell focus and my DC problems will be lessened.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload