Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum Heyday

Default Old Folks

Quote Originally Posted by Alisonique View Post
    How old do you have to be to count as "Old Folks"?
    You are ancient if you were here before or around the official launch. You are very old if you where here before the server merge. You are old if you where here around the server merge. You are somewhere ranging from ancient to somewhat old if you know who I am.

Cheers,

E.
    Last edited by AkromaAoW; 05-09-2019 at 03:55 PM.
    ArtEriik: Leader of Tharashk's Dragon Snacks, ArtEriika, Eriik, Cleriik, ArtCleriik, EriikaJoplin. ArtxEriika, AnEriika, ArtxEriik, EriikaEpic, ElusiveEriik, ArcEriik, AnEriik, and other Eriik somethings
    Proud member of ARCHANGELS

Quote Originally Posted by AkromaAoW View Post
    You are ancient if you were here before or around the official launch. You are very old if you where here before the server merge. You are old if you where here around the server merge. You are somewhere ranging from ancient to somewhat old if you know who I am.

Cheers,

E.
    The server merge isn't much of a different bar than founder considering it happened only a year and a half into the life of the game... unless you're counting European servers and their free transfers to US servers when they were getting shut down. I like to use playing the game before it was free-to-play as the bar of an "old player", but that let's me vainly include myself. I know I'm just a nub.
    Pinc Punch - Unarmed Monk (Uber Completionist) // Porc the Orc - Paladin // Thunderborn - Warlock // Imustbe Emo - PewPew Rogue // Aquamine Artifact - Crafting Artificer (shelved)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AkromaAoW View Post
    It has been a long time. Have you been lurking in the shadows all this time, or did you leave and return? Does your wife DDO? The forum name is new...

E.
    Oh it's been around.. and no my wife hates super-heroes.. hates ddo.. but she does like going to raves and concerts with me

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    Like the gimp of Hall of Fame in here.

Scars I think I have over an hour of recorded video on my old cpu of us running an elite Monastery from around 2009. Poorly.
    Ouch.. my voice like dust and rasping nails.. good to see you xyfiel.. long time

Quote Originally Posted by DrawingGuy View Post
    The server merge isn't much of a different bar than founder considering it happened only a year and a half into the life of the game... unless you're counting European servers and their free transfers to US servers when they were getting shut down. I like to use playing the game before it was free-to-play as the bar of an "old player", but that let's me vainly include myself. I know I'm just a nub.
    My demarcation between very old and old is based on the substantial culture differences among the servers that existed prior to the merge. Those at the merge got to experience the culture amalgamation, which was a different animal from what came before, so it started a significantly new experience and era. The distinction between ancient and very old gives a nod to the first folks through the door, but could probably be collapsed into one "old" class.

Here's an oldie but a goodie : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asauNxVaRSw

E.
    Last edited by AkromaAoW; 05-10-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    ArtEriik: Leader of Tharashk's Dragon Snacks, ArtEriika, Eriik, Cleriik, ArtCleriik, EriikaJoplin. ArtxEriika, AnEriika, ArtxEriik, EriikaEpic, ElusiveEriik, ArcEriik, AnEriik, and other Eriik somethings
    Proud member of ARCHANGELS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12