Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Default Holy Retribution DC's?

I'm really enjoying my life as a Clr 3/Ftr1/PaladinX so far in Heroics. The Holy Retribution in particular is amazing and it's doing a great job of killing off swarms of evil critters so that I don't have to sit through the entire fight with my mediocre DPS.

What things can I do to improve the DC on my Holy Retribution? Is it just Paladin level and Charisma? Or do other things stack on top of it? Combat Mastery doesn't seem to improve it and Seek Eternal Rest/Eternal Faith/Sacred don't seem to improve it.

Are there any other things that can bump up that DC that I'm not aware of?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I'm really enjoying my life as a Clr 3/Ftr1/PaladinX so far in Heroics. The Holy Retribution in particular is amazing and it's doing a great job of killing off swarms of evil critters so that I don't have to sit through the entire fight with my mediocre DPS.

What things can I do to improve the DC on my Holy Retribution? Is it just Paladin level and Charisma? Or do other things stack on top of it? Combat Mastery doesn't seem to improve it and Seek Eternal Rest/Eternal Faith/Sacred don't seem to improve it.

Are there any other things that can bump up that DC that I'm not aware of?
    Honestly... Its a super over powered ability, you so long as you keep a somewhat decent charisma, it will land in everything heroic. The only real requirement is that the monsters have to have 1k HP or less, which is why the ability becomes worthless in epics. Because, there are no stats that can influence this requirement.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Honestly... Its a super over powered ability, you so long as you keep a somewhat decent charisma, it will land in everything heroic. The only real requirement is that the monsters have to have 1k HP or less, which is why the ability becomes worthless in epics. Because, there are no stats that can influence this requirement.
    That makes sense. I didn't think to look at HP before I made the big swing. I'm at level 18 now, so some critters are just a little over the 1000 HP mark now. One Cleave and then a Holy Retribution to follow up is doing the trick now. Thank you!
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Maybe you already know this but Holy Retribution shares its charges with Divine Might which is regenerated through its Turn Undead feat - So Endless Turning is an excellent Twist as it enables regeneration of both abilities at a faster rate.

I think that's about the only thing that affects this ability - Of which, I agree with you - It's awesome - Especially in Heroics but also in Epics, as you can use it to mop up mobs that you have whittled down below the HP threshold.

Community Member

It's not easy getting the charisma DC to work in midskull heroics when also getting a wisdom soundburst to work while also trying to trip off of strength while also wearing gear for melee, self-healing under a reaper penalty, tanking, and turning undead.

It is definitely not as easy as have a decent charisma and it will land in everything heroic.

You are looking at custom crafted slavers and cannith sets on top of tomes and past lives, and even then some abilities will fail some of the time.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-05-2019 at 10:09 PM.