Community Member

Default Soul's Sorrow vs Soulrazor

Well, about to make one of the two, just need to decide which one!

Soulrazor sounds superior, especially for bosses, but by THAT much..? (even more maybe since the new feat, knight's training, came out)

It's for a SWF EK, even though I have a soft spot for Soul's sorrow (being a bastard sword, which I always used since pre-MotU up until now and crown of madness looks fun) I have some wonderings as well:

-the proc seems a bit higher for Legendary slay living than Legendary phantasmal killer,
    the low DC of slay living on Wave of Despair (which I'm currently using) even procced on some mobs, up to r5! (not extensive test enough on skulls above).

-So I guess I'd see the Legendary slay living proc a lot more (after all, going from 30 to 100 is nothing small) but is that really the case?

Wanna hear opinions on the matter, maybe from people who have those items?

And yes, maybe there's better options, but this is the two I'm currently interested most in (but new and differing opinions are always interesting!)
    Last edited by PublicEnemy; 02-24-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

Soul Sorrow would win out on very specific builds. And like you said the Slay Living is vastly superior to the Soulrazor. That said 99% of the time Soulrazor wins out, and it’s actually due to the AC debuff and recent knights training feat.
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Soul's Sorrow is a trash killing weapon if you use Perfect Two Handed Fighting. In lower reaper it can cause Con damage under reaper 6, Mesmerize and/or Slay Living on hit. This can also occur on glancing blow procs. The chaotic damage is also good against Maruts and the Codex of Infinite planes among other mobs. I use Soul's Sorrow on my Paladin tank for trash killing all the time, and it's pretty amazing even with the -1 level penalty.

Soulrazor is a boss killing weapon. It does not work with glancing blows, but would be effective with a melee that uses cleaves especially supreme cleave. The Phantasmal Killer and other debuffs would be decent for trash with that type of build as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcides View Post
    Soul's Sorrow is a trash killing weapon if you use Perfect Two Handed Fighting. In lower reaper it can cause Con damage under reaper 6, Mesmerize and/or Slay Living on hit. This can also occur on glancing blow procs. The chaotic damage is also good against Maruts and the Codex of Infinite planes among other mobs. I use Soul's Sorrow on my Paladin tank for trash killing all the time, and it's pretty amazing even with the -1 level penalty.
    Wait, Soul's Sorrow also has the Neg lv penalty for Lawful toons? I know the Base version, Wave of Despair, has it from the Anarchic effect, but I've read Sorrow about 5 times and I'm not seeing that.

That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu; equip-able halflings

Barbarbarian

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    Wait, Soul's Sorrow also has the Neg lv penalty for Lawful toons? I know the Base version, Wave of Despair, has it from the Anarchic effect, but I've read Sorrow about 5 times and I'm not seeing that.

The neg level is different from one cast by an enemy mob. The one on razor(s) and flow is -30hp and -1 to all saves.
    You can run level cap quests for epic xp, but you can't run non-level cap quests for RXP when you're capped.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, sorc, monk,Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post

Thorny Crown of Madness has the 9d6 chaos damage, which makes it a chaotic weapon. Thus giving the neg level to lawful characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-u-r-eye View Post
    The neg level is different from one cast by an enemy mob. The one on razor(s) and flow is -30hp and -1 to all saves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Thorny Crown of Madness has the 9d6 chaos damage, which makes it a chaotic weapon. Thus giving the neg level to lawful characters.
    Oh, so if a weapon has an alignment from any source, a character with the opposite alignment will get that (rather inconsequential) -1 lv penalty? It's not just a special property of the Anarchic, Axiomatic, Holy, and Unholy effects?

Dang, I've been playing this game for 8 years and I'm still learning new things*!

*Fun fact: in Epic Ghost of a Chance, there's a lever hidden behind a stone pillar that temporarily disables the hallway traps.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu; equip-able halflings