Thread: pure melee arti

Default pure melee arti

is it possible? good idea?

was thinking either thf or swf with warhammers
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    is it possible? good idea?

was thinking either thf or swf with warhammers
    Anything is possible in theory. Just depends on what you want as a player

Many people are using artificer to build solid tanks. There was a build called the juggernaught a while ago which was an artificer base, but it wasn't a pure artificer. It won't do optimal dps, but it was one of the most survivable builds i have played, back when elite was the hardest difficulty.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call

Community Member

I posted this thread a while back and Psychoblonde posted a good build, which I tweaked slightly, and loved! It wasn't super great in higher epic level raids or reaper content if I got left behind the group, but as long as I stayed close to others, it was phenomenal! It had great crowd control, could reasonably trap, and the dps was respectable.

I can't remember exactly what changes I made from Psychos recommendation, but it wasn't radical. From what I can remember, I kept STR at 8, and put my last few points into CHA, cause I like to have a high UMD.
    I know I skipped taking toughness and took construct essence so I could better self heal and only having one construct essence feat still allowed me to receive respectable heals from others.

While it has been possible to build a melee Artificer for a long time, two trees have helped them emerge even more so...

1. The Harper Tree - Allows for artificer to be more Int base and not have to make the trade off between do I add Int to damage or to hit. Know the Angles was also a boost to DPS
    2. The Renegade Mastermaker - Lots of melee options including ones that synergize with rune arms

I would think that the SWF might have more advantages since it can be done with the Rune Arm in the off hand.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...elee-Artificer

Works fine. Knight's Training makes warhammers a bit better than before (+1 crit range). Or maybe a Scourge arty with morningstars?
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

i found this https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...inkers-amp-Up!

looks like a very solid build. what are the downsides to something along these lines?

or at least be aware of.

ty again

also is there a way to make that build a tank? or is that completely changing it?
    Last edited by Hobgoblin; 02-20-2019 at 11:42 PM.
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Community Member

I started with that when I customized my melee arti, but some of the info is slightly outdated. It's great for information on what classes give what benefits. Beyond that its good but is still lacking a lot of info I think.
    My recommendation is definitely go harper INT to hit and damage. It's a no brainer.
    I did that build with a dwarf, elf and gnome. Dwarf was probably my fav because I didn't notice a significant change in DPS between the three, but dwarf was a little more hearty. If I was at my computer at home, I would show you a screen shot of my ch sheet that I took of my capped dwarf just before TRing. If i think of it, I'll do it when I get home tonight.
    I liked this build so much, that I'm going to do another one after I finish my current wizard life, and I'm having trouble deciding what race to use this time. I think it will be my go to for getting through my racial lives.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...elee-Artificer

Works fine. Knight's Training makes warhammers a bit better than before (+1 crit range). Or maybe a Scourge arty with morningstars?
    Thinking of ER'ing and going melee from 20 to 30. I was thinking Knight's Training too.

Maybe a future life I will go dwarf to really make it fun

18 (or 20) Con
    18 Int

Construct Essence x2
    KtA + Renegade

Should be solid support for the grind back to 30.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.