Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Default Cordovan's Avatar Redesign Favor

So, the first time I saw Cordovan's Strahd forum avatar where he was sitting on the SSG emblem, I thought it was a wheelchair with the SSG emblem as the large back wheel of the wheelchair.... and oddly enough I am disappointed that it wasn't actually such as that would be hilarious.

Anyhow, I have no real skills in art but I really want someone to design this image for Cordovan so perhaps we can see him do something with it.

Draw Strahd in a wheelchair with the SSG emblem as the large back wheel, keep in mind that we've beaten the bloody hell out of Strahd so many times so make sure his look matches that to an extent, pretty sure one leg should be propped up and in a cast while one arm should be in a cast and a sling, also pretty sure he might have a black eye and stitches above one of his eyes.... the monk on my team hit him pretty badly there so yeah, that eye definitely has some damage.

If I find satisfaction in your attempt I will send you a DDO code that I'll buy with some money I got for my birthday on the 16th, unfortunately it's a bit of a tall order on my budget but I feel the creation of such an image would be a gift that keeps giving. I can unfortunately only afford one winner since the cheapest code seems to be for $20 worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post
    ...I thought it was a wheelchair with the SSG emblem as the large back wheel of the wheelchair....
    So did I, 100% and for a while before I realized what it actually was, and I still have a hard time not seeing it as such.

Community Manager

I don't like the idea of that image, but would be open to changing my avatar as it's been a while. Open to ideas!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I don't like the idea of that image, but would be open to changing my avatar as it's been a while. Open to ideas!
    How about something Sharnish?
    Robopit-16 Arti, 2 Paladin, 2 Rogue
    Moltenrock-12 FvS, 2 Paladin, 6 Wizard, 8 Epic
    Caizel-20 Bard, 8 Epic
    Doresain-Depends so don't List
    Alignment Test Shows me as Neutral Evil (True Evil) HA!
    Officer of Lava Divers

Open to ideas!

Oh that's easy. I owe you one, so Ill come out of my self-imposed artwork boycott. (Of course Im the only one that affects so......)

In fact sir you've already seen part of this concept. Posting a little later.

PM sent

As already said, plz make it from some concept art from Sharn. Bring up the hyyype! :-)

(And do you have any preliminary date for prepurchase? And do the race + iconic be unlocked before the official release as you did with Ravenloft? That was awesome imho)

Community Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kza View Post
    As already said, plz make it from some concept art from Sharn. Bring up the hyyype! :-)

(And do you have any preliminary date for prepurchase? And do the race + iconic be unlocked before the official release as you did with Ravenloft? That was awesome imho)
    Yep, yep, yep. Just to echo these thoughts. Your theme should be the major player from each expansion as it releases. So definitely some kind of Tiefling for Sharn. There was sooo much cool artwork from the Planescape boxed set of the early 90s so the avatar should be in that style and the type font was really neat, too.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber

Default Sharn

Griglok (main)- Cleric (TRing), Duelcore- Wiz 18/FvS 2, Embezzler- Rogue, Fiergen- Ftr 8/Rgr 6/Mnk 6, Greyhead- monk, Havegun- Ftr 2/Pal 18, Jayberwocky- Ftr 8/Mnk 12, Laciolux- Clr 16/FvS 4, Prototech- Artificer, Rendorc- Barbarian, Seasharp- Bard
    Leader- The Casual Obsession ___Khyber___

From a marketing standpoint, the avatar of the community manager should be something that suggests openness, empathy, willingness to engage etc.

Strahd...well...
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Kza View Post

We'll have a lot more info about the Sharn expansion in the relatively near future.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    From a marketing standpoint, the avatar of the community manager should be something that suggests openness, empathy, willingness to engage etc.

Strahd...well...
    But... but it was a convivial Strahd, relaxing and drinking wine... er bloodwine.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    bloodwine
    Qapla'!

Today is a good day to...er...un-die!!!

Community Member

I always thought he was sitting on the DDO Store - because that's what the store icon in my hotbar looks like.

We'll have a lot more info about the Sharn expansion in the relatively near future.
    Thanks a lot for feedback

Hopefully my "near future" is the same as SSG:s "near future" ;-)

Don't look now but Cordovan got a new avatar!
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

cool
    Last edited by Lagin; 02-23-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Cellphone wallpaper of the revised image

https://i.imgur.com/Xi8h9Kn.jpg

Last edited by Lagin; 02-23-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Oooh Shiny!

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Oooh Shiny!
    Too shiny for my taste lol, also how comes it's like just one color away from classifying as black and white?

-_- It needs more color

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast