Thread: FoTP Threads?

Default FoTP Threads?

Raids on Ghallanda running have FoTP have not been receiving Threads of Fate upon completion. Just finished a FoTP where about 3-4 people got Threads/Runes. The rest of the raid got nothing other than random gen loot. This has been happening for several weeks now.
    The Shadow Assassin, and all around Miserable Elitist

I was wondering if the threads use some similar handling to covs, and exp ransack playing a role here.

But this is purely speculation on my part..

Just had this bs happen to guildies too

I just bought this piece of s pack over xmas on sale bcuz

Threads so ninja nerf away your game but say wai or not seriously
    Damonz Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    Just had this bs happen to guildies too

I just bought this piece of s pack over xmas on sale bcuz

Threads so ninja nerf away your game but say wai or not seriously
    Yea. It appears to be fairly random. Did a run a few days back on an alt, got full runes/threads. Ran it on my main... no threads, no runes. Some people seem to get both, others just one of them, and some none.

Community Member

Yep ran it tonight. Some in the party pulled threads and runes. Others didn't not including myself. It's been a month since I last ran fotp. Maybe the patch broke threads and runes in the raid.

I thought this might have been the case a few weeks back when I was multi-box duo farming this, and I whilst switching around, I thought I might have already picked up the threads instead on the toon that I "thought" I had picked up on already. Now on thinking about it and reading this thread, they likely did not have threads or runes drop at all. So this has been going on prior to Christmas and New Year, because that's when I started the farming of that raid. But only one instance of that, and never repeated again since then.

So I'm going to guess there's something else going wrong on the backend (where the devs need to look into), rather than being specific to something on the players end (otherwise, my toons would be experiencing this a lot more).

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Community Member
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.
    Thelanis - Striving to be your Swiss Army Knife for DPS, traps and tanking
    Eushully/Centered LS Tempest | Nantekottai/Arti tank | Ponoka - Inquis

Just ran R1 again. Didn't get threads, but got runes.

Barbarbarian

me to!
    You can run level cap quests for epic xp, but you can't run non-level cap quests for RXP when you're capped.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, sorc, monk,Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-u-r-eye View Post
    me to!
    Me three!
    Afunkymunky/Drkivorkian, Helter Skelter on Ghallanda

Epic Ring of Spell Storing--https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...+spell+storing

Community Member

Second run in 3 days and no threads once again. Fix your stuff SSG!!!
    Dragonpmp

Just ran another. Done about 4 runs in the last week on various alts. 0 threads on all of my toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Jumper View Post
    Just ran another. Done about 4 runs in the last week on various alts. 0 threads on all of my toons.
    R1 dropped no threads for me LH did drop threads.

Systems Designer

Breaking news, I think I figured out what's happening with this. I put in some additional bulletproofing in the most recent patch and I'm now a lot more confident what I just now finished will completely fix this issue.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Breaking news, I think I figured out what's happening with this. I put in some additional bulletproofing in the most recent patch and I'm now a lot more confident what I just now finished will completely fix this issue.
    Good stuff. Is it a reaper specific problem? If so would be good to know so that we can do LE in the meantime and still get threads.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Jumper View Post
    Good stuff. Is it a reaper specific problem? If so would be good to know so that we can do LE in the meantime and still get threads.
    Theoretically. Without getting too deep into the nitty-gritty (treasure table creation/modification is my least favorite part of my job by a significant margin for a number of reasons), failure relatively early in treasure generation can ripple outwards and downwards without leaving a lot of indication of what's actually going wrong and where. Some bugs are very helpfully split across difficulty, some are not, and either way it's comparatively frustrating to track down
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Theoretically. Without getting too deep into the nitty-gritty (treasure table creation/modification is my least favorite part of my job by a significant margin for a number of reasons), failure relatively early in treasure generation can ripple outwards and downwards without leaving a lot of indication of what's actually going wrong and where. Some bugs are very helpfully split across difficulty, some are not, and either way it's comparatively frustrating to track down
    Sounds like a real whack-a-mole. I appreciate the fix, and look forward to it tyty.

So can we expect another patch before sharn or will this be with sharn?